New Billie Joe 2018 Signature Les Paul Jr (Blue/Red/Black)

Alan86

2 hours ago, Alan86 said:

It’s not a great guitar. I had a Squire Stratocaster before I had this and honestly it sounded better. I was expecting it to be a great guitar because it was a real Gibson but it was an expensive mistake. Looks good hanging on my wall though 😂

Each to their own, probably something wrong with the pickup for it to genuinely sound worse than a squire Strat 

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/21/2018 at 1:53 PM, Maddie86 said:

in the video Billie said the goal was to make it kind of like his first guitar, which I'm pretty sure he means Blue. idk if he was just talking about the color or the sound, but the sound would explain why he went with a humbucker. It would have been cool if he did an angled humbucker on it though, I asked about it in the instagram comments on his post but I'm not expecting a response.

What he was getting at there, I think, is that he wants this to be similar in that it's a canvas, not a finished product.
Just as he made Blue into his own the intent with this one is to have a nice blank canvas with some striking colors or black as background option.
It's just him trying to inspire people to be creative, not about this guitar sounding or looking like Blue.

13 hours ago, Alan86 said:

It’s not a great guitar. I had a Squire Stratocaster before I had this and honestly it sounded better. I was expecting it to be a great guitar because it was a real Gibson but it was an expensive mistake. Looks good hanging on my wall though 😂

Sounds like you got a dud. I’ve had a Gibson Flying V for ten years and it’s a beast. Holds tuning like a champ.

On 7/21/2018 at 10:40 AM, Josh100_3 said:

The other day I managed to find one second hand but the owner had had the paint redone (removing the serial number/signature and sending alarm bells off in my head) and so I gave it a pass.

Hit me up man. I’ve got one in each colour so I might be willing to part with one for the right price 

Archived