Jump to content
Alan86

New Billie Joe 2018 Signature Les Paul Jr (Blue/Red/Black)

Recommended Posts

Alan86

Looks like Blue Jr that used on the Revolution Radio Tour. And I think it's used in the video for "love is for losers" by the Longshot too.

Comes in cherry red, and black also.

 

Quote

Based on Gibson's historic 50's era Les Paul Junior, the Billie Joe Armstrong Signature model was built to "rock out on."

This modern take on a historic model Les Paul Junior features a single '57 Classic Humbucking pickup and boasts a powerful, vintage voice with plenty of snarl on tap. The classic solid-slab, single-cutaway mahogany body provides maximum tonal resonance, and killer sustain. The mahogany slim taper neck with rosewood board provides even more tone and effortless playability. The guitar is complete with Vintage Deluxe tuners and a chrome, non-compensated Wraparound tailpiece known for its solidity, sustain and simplicity. 

Billie Joe designed this guitar as a blank canvas for aspiring artists. What mark will you make in music history?

http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2018/USA/2018-LP-Junior-Billie-Joe-Armstrong-Signature.aspx#LPJBA18BQCH1

I like the Blue and Red ones, the Black looks too similar to the previous signature model

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
T@l

It's just a guitar with a humbucker and Billie Joes autograph which costs $1500 if not more (saw that in a comment, because Gibson's website is dead as of now). I'd seriously pick a fucking Squier Hello Kitty over this.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josh100_3

Okay, so I’ve wanted a Billie Joe signature (or, to be honest a decent Jr) for about ten years now.

The other day I managed to find one second hand but the owner had had the paint redone (removing the serial number/signature and sending alarm bells off in my head) and so I gave it a pass.

I wake up today to see this and nearly freak out...only to find that the colours don’t excite me and that he’s put a humbucker in replace of the P90’s.

 

Man the universe is making my dream Guitar hunt hard 😭

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BUBBYBUB

This is awesome😀the price is not bad either. My dad bought a guitar of another brand for 3,000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MillenniumFan

Awesome guitar, but Billie kinda looks tired in this video, lighting is slightly off, audio levels aren't equalized. Not such a great video. Still, good choice of song!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pacejunkie punk

I think it’s a beautiful blue color. If I played I’d want that one. 😊

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hermione

"I'm in a high school rock n roll band called Green Day" :D 

I know nothing about guitars but I like the colours

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Green Day In Seattle

Awwww, his face at like 2:20 is so cute! :happy: He does look a little tired, though. I agree with that. I also know nothing about guitars, but I think these look pretty. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joe.

Wouldn’t touch them in a million years. The single humbucker means it’s not versatile in the slightest and it’s not even got the P90 to make this acceptable. 

Gibson already make a bottom tier Les Paul and I’d honestly rather get one of those $99 guitars, you’re soley paying for his signature on the headstock here

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maddie86

I think it's a cool looking guitar, and I actually like the humbucker instead of a P90, but I feel like as a Gibson it won't sell much. if this was an Epiphone though and it was around $200 I bet they would sell a ton of these! I think the color options are pretty boring, I'm suprised there's no sunburst or white or yellow. also, I feel like the band purposely stays away from the color green lol. They didn't really use that color much around insomniac or nimrod but they did use it on Warning and Uno and that's it. I feel like this guitar would actually look pretty cool in an Olive Green or Lime Green

in the video Billie said the goal was to make it kind of like his first guitar, which I'm pretty sure he means Blue. idk if he was just talking about the color or the sound, but the sound would explain why he went with a humbucker. It would have been cool if he did an angled humbucker on it though, I asked about it in the instagram comments on his post but I'm not expecting a response.

I love that "All the Time" is in this video, such a random choice! I remember reading an article that was released when nimrod came out and it asked the band about their favorite songs on there and one of the guys said All The Time, which is weird because they rarely played it live

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alan86
10 minutes ago, Maddie86 said:

I'm suprised there's no sunburst or white or yellow. also, I feel like the band purposely stays away from the color green lol.

They did sunburst, white and yellow on previous Billie joe signature model Les Paul juniors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hermione
24 minutes ago, Maddie86 said:

also, I feel like the band purposely stays away from the color green lol

This is so true :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alan86

The American Idiot video is very green, but yeah in general they do seem to avoid it 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MillenniumFan
1 hour ago, Hermione said:

This is so true :lol: 

ummm...

37635869_2143623189296721_31506539022867

37554875_2143623195963387_69646539199139

37599755_2143623299296710_57077514546393

37561321_2143623295963377_56239164332106

37539381_2143623425963364_12322950858072

37591185_2143623312630042_75670391549455

37539426_2143623185963388_83988113605315

37613285_2143646362627737_78684960847487

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hermione

Yeah ok :P. But I feel like for a band called Green Day they really don't do the green thing that much. They might randomly use it sometimes but not much more than any other colour and it's never like "oh of course they've used green again", they barely associate themselves with it. When a band has a colour in its name you might expect them to use it as an "official" colour but with them it's only very rarely that they do a "hey look it's green because we're Green Day" thing. Hence no green guitar lol.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AmyxLongview

This is a really cool! Love the colors. As far as the price, all of his signature guitars have been in that price range so it's really not a surprise. The cool thing about his signatures are that you're getting the actual guitar he plays on stage, not a cheaper, compromised version. I've had his 1st signature for 9 years now and I definitely feel I've gotten my money's worth.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BUBBYBUB
51 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Probably because the “green” in the name isn’t meant to refer to the color.

So many people in his IG are complaining about the price but I’m assuming this isn’t meant to be a kid’s first guitar, but one you aspire to after years of playing. Also, it’s a little rude for so many comments to complain that him sponsoring a $1,400 Gibson isn’t “punk” of him when the guy literally gives a guitar away on stage every night on tour. If you can’t figure out a way to get a crappy first guitar to learn on it’s not his fault 🙄

 I agree.  in the documentary green day the early years he gave a boy a buddy guy guitar which is pretty awesome and shows what a gracious person he is. A good guitar is not cheap

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joe.
6 hours ago, AmyxLongview said:

This is a really cool! Love the colors. As far as the price, all of his signature guitars have been in that price range so it's really not a surprise. The cool thing about his signatures are that you're getting the actual guitar he plays on stage, not a cheaper, compromised version. I've had his 1st signature for 9 years now and I definitely feel I've gotten my money's worth.

The junior? That was a good one as it was a decent junior that was good value for money, it did what it said on the tin and Gibson now make standard juniors for a similar to price so Billies old signature.

I just can’t really see this as a practical purchase for many people, including myself, yeah it’d be cool to play Green Day on, but it’s not versatile and doesn’t have the advantage of it being a pretty accurate take on a classic model like his old signature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AmyxLongview
17 minutes ago, Joe. said:

The junior? That was a good one as it was a decent junior that was good value for money, it did what it said on the tin and Gibson now make standard juniors for a similar to price so Billies old signature.

I just can’t really see this as a practical purchase for many people, including myself, yeah it’d be cool to play Green Day on, but it’s not versatile and doesn’t have the advantage of it being a pretty accurate take on a classic model like his old signature.

I don't think it's supposed to be a practical purchase or versatile though. People who are looking for the best or most versatile guitar for the money wouldn't be looking at this one; this is for Green Day fans/collectors who want the guitar specifically because it's a Billie Joe signature and are willing to pay a bit more for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joe.
2 hours ago, AmyxLongview said:

I don't think it's supposed to be a practical purchase or versatile though. People who are looking for the best or most versatile guitar for the money wouldn't be looking at this one; this is for Green Day fans/collectors who want the guitar specifically because it's a Billie Joe signature and are willing to pay a bit more for it.

Yeah I see the audience I just don’t really see the guitar as having much functionality aside from covering GD, which seems a shame 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
T@l
16 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Probably because the “green” in the name isn’t meant to refer to the color.

So many people in his IG are complaining about the price but I’m assuming this isn’t meant to be a kid’s first guitar, but one you aspire to after years of playing. Also, it’s a little rude for so many comments to complain that him sponsoring a $1,400 Gibson isn’t “punk” of him when the guy literally gives a guitar away on stage every night on tour. If you can’t figure out a way to get a crappy first guitar to learn on it’s not his fault 🙄

To be fair, the overpricing probably comes from the Gibson brand rather than his signature. If this was an Epiphone, I'm sure it's would've been MUCH cheaper and still in good quality. Mike's Squier signature is considered good, so I can't see why wouldn't an Eppie Junior.

9 hours ago, AmyxLongview said:

I don't think it's supposed to be a practical purchase or versatile though. People who are looking for the best or most versatile guitar for the money wouldn't be looking at this one; this is for Green Day fans/collectors who want the guitar specifically because it's a Billie Joe signature and are willing to pay a bit more for it.

Then you're paying for a merchandise with tuning issues (Gibsons are knows to get out of tune, especially on the G string; This bridge doesn't allow you to set intonation).
For $1400 you can have better guitars, for a guitar with a single humbucker there are cheaper and better deals than this one and as a merch, why spend $1400 while you can find cheaper merch or just purchase their music? Calling this a merch dumbs it down I know, my point is that it's not a good deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alan86

I purchased the sunburst Billie Joe signature les Paul jr years ago and I regret it. It's a great looking guitar but it does not sound good and I don't like playing it. I have often thought of selling it. I wish I just bought a standard Les Paul.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josh100_3
On 7/22/2018 at 7:28 PM, Alan86 said:

I purchased the sunburst Billie Joe signature les Paul jr years ago and I regret it. It's a great looking guitar but it does not sound good and I don't like playing it. I have often thought of selling it. I wish I just bought a standard Les Paul.

Man if only you were in Australia, I've been looking for that exact Guitar for years! 😁

Sure you don't enjoy it? There are few things in life that sound as fantastic as a P90 absolutely blasting through a cranked amp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alan86
1 hour ago, Josh100_3 said:

Man if only you were in Australia, I've been looking for that exact Guitar for years! 😁

Sure you don't enjoy it? There are few things in life that sound as fantastic as a P90 absolutely blasting through a cranked amp.

It’s not a great guitar. I had a Squire Stratocaster before I had this and honestly it sounded better. I was expecting it to be a great guitar because it was a real Gibson but it was an expensive mistake. Looks good hanging on my wall though 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×