Love is for Losers vinyl coming!

BCap

darn, that's kind of a bummer, I was really hoping the vinyl would be something special. I hope the band does do a 2nd release where the other members are involved, seeing as how Joey is the only one who gets a drum credit I think it's very safe to assume at this point that the rest of the project is 100% Billie

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Maddie86 said:

I'm hoping that it has lyrics and liner notes but for some reason I'm not expecting it. If no one else does it first then I'll post pics when I get mine from Amazon

Yeah, I sort of assumed it was going to be very bare bones.  Thanks for the offer of pics.  😀

6 hours ago, Karl Karlson said:

There is no inlay sheet. The black vinyl comes in a plain white sleeve, and on the back there are only some credits.

Thanks for the pic.  😀

Still hoping this will someday get released on CD.  I'm not on social media, but I've noticed on Billie Joe's and The Longshot's Instagram that people are asking about a CD so maybe they will respond to that at some point...

42 minutes ago, Eric said:

Got my copy today along with Rebelution's Free Rein album :D 2 amazing vinyl purchases

Where did you get yours? A local or chain store? 

11 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

Where did you get yours? A local or chain store? 

local, Rhino Records

Can someone give me some feedback about dynamic range? It'll be difficult to measure specifics here, but does it at least sound significantly more dynamic? These days, that's the main reason I buy vinyls lol. If so, I may consider ordering online.

I finally got this today. It does sound a little better than the digital versions, but not by much. I think the drums sound better but the guitars are kind of dull, I wish it would have been mixed and mastered better, it all seems like it was just an afterthought, along with the packaging. I do like the songs but I find it interesting that the one engineer for this said that when he went in to record the one song for the album he didn't know it was the real deal, he thought he was just doing a demo, so I wonder if they kinda half assed the recording. I was listening to the pinhead gunpowder recordings from 1999 today that were recorded at Billie's house and I think the sound quality is actually better on those! I do hope Billie picks this project up again sometime but I hope the other guys in the band play on the next album and I hope they put more effort into the final product.

From what you describe, it seems to me like they might have used the same mastering here, with possibly the exception of a few tweaks in the EQ, which isn’t surprising considering this was meant to be quite low-fi and underground.

Archived