I don't care

Confessions

Hermione
9 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

It's not really about the sign, though. It's more about the entitlement surrounding the act of taking it. The blatant disregard for others is always apparent in this fandom but the Longshot tour has made it more obvious than ever.

The band showed blatant disregard for others when they committed numerous acts of vandalism too. I can't believe no one else sees the irony in fans of a band famous for their acts of petty vandalism being up in arms over an act of petty vandalism involving an object related to the band :lol:  

I don't think it relates to the way some fans behaved at Longshot shows or that it reflects on the fandom. It's one person (or a small number of people, I don't know) committing an act of petty theft just as millions of others have before and just as fans of every band ever have before, in this case including the band itself. I'm not defending the person, it was dumb and selfish, but I just don't think the fact a sign was stolen is a big deal.

• Like 1

AlissaGoesRAWR
16 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I don't think it relates to the way some fans behaved at Longshot shows or that it reflects on the fandom.

Were you at any Longshot shows to see how the people involved with the sign-stealing acted? If you were, it isn't surprising and is definitely related to their attitudes. :lol: 

Hermione
34 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Were you at any Longshot shows to see how the people involved with the sign-stealing acted? If you were, it isn't surprising and is definitely related to their attitudes. :lol: 

Maybe there's more to the story than I knew and more reason to be annoyed by it then :lol: 

AlissaGoesRAWR
4 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Maybe there's more to the story than I knew and more reason to be annoyed by it then :lol: 

Yeah, I really think if you were involved with the tour and saw how people acted, it sort of makes more sense as a complete issue, rather than just some one-off sign-stealing joke that happened randomly. Hell, I only went to one Longshot show and I'm annoyed by Green Day fans more than ever now because of all the cringe-inducing, stage-rushing bullshit that killed the set in Washington DC. Some people just have no disregard for others and they play it off as being "edgy" or "punk rock" or "acting like Green Day" but it's just plain rude and entitled because they're so delusional about what's important.

• Like 2

Daddy.
45 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

It's not really about the sign, though. It's more about the entitlement surrounding the act of taking it. The blatant disregard for others is always apparent in this fandom but the Longshot tour has made it more obvious than ever.

I agree with you, I do also see where Hermione comes from too. It's wrong and self-entitled but I don't know, it seems trivial, like this time next week no-one will care. It's like Carling said, it's not the stealing of the sign that's the issue. 

I fully support your last sentence though. If you want to see the cliques (who believe themselves holier than thou) you should have gone to some of the shows on the tour.  You had the whole people getting on stage with Billie, people acting like assholes crowd-surfing repeatedly and disturbing/hurting others, someone I know who does frequent this forum was made to feel bad. 

Just because these people happen to go to more shows or you live in Green Day's backyard doesn't mean you should look down on others. You're dedicated and that's good. If most of us could to more shows, we probably would. But the show is for everyone, dude. 

• Like 1

AlissaGoesRAWR
4 minutes ago, Smoldering Panda said:

I agree with you, I do also see where Hermione comes from too. It's wrong and self-entitled but I don't know, it seems trivial, like this time next week no-one will care. It's like Carling said, it's not the stealing of the sign that's the issue. 

I fully support your last sentence though. If you want t o see the cliques (who believe themselves holier than thou) you should have gone to some of the shows on the tour.  You had the whole people getting on stage with Billie, people acting like assholes crowd-surfing repeatedly and disturbing/hurting others, someone I know who does frequent this forum was made to feel bad. 

Just because these people happen to go to more shows or you live in Green Day's backyard doesn't mean you should look down on others. You're dedicated and that's good. If most of us could to more shows, we probably would. But the show is for everyone, dude. 

I don't really see anything in your post that I disagree with... I think we're on the same page?

I said (or at least tried to say, maybe it came out wrong) the same thing about the sign-stealing not really being the issue itself, but rather being indicative of larger issues.

• Like 2

Daddy.
19 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

I don't really see anything in your post that I disagree with... I think we're on the same page?

I said (or at least tried to say, maybe it came out wrong) the same thing about the sign-stealing not really being the issue itself, but rather being indicative of larger issues.

Oh, I wasn't having a go towards yourself. :) It was aimed towards those people that cause said issues. 

Edit: Looking back, it's a misunderstanding of what you said. Apologies. 

AlissaGoesRAWR
16 minutes ago, Smoldering Panda said:

Oh, I wasn't having a go towards yourself. :) It was aimed towards those people that cause said issues. 

Edit: Looking back, it's a misunderstanding of what you said. Apologies. 

It's all good! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Beerjeezus

The sheer yolo of flying overseas to steal a road sign is funny more than anything. I don't support theft but the whole thing is making me laugh.

• Like 2

emmericanidiot
10 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

Clearly a low quality clique :P

what can i say? i'm a low quality person, obvs.

Also cannot believe stealing is being condoned just because GD did it, this forum is honestly astounding sometimes.

Beerjeezus

tumblr_pbrxe8PgrE1wa6lubo1_400.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 2

Hermione
9 hours ago, emmericanidiot said:

what can i say? i'm a low quality person, obvs.

Also cannot believe stealing is being condoned just because GD did it, this forum is honestly astounding sometimes.

All anyone is saying is that they're not aware of this clique existing. Who's in it? Or is it just people who've been on GDC a while and are well known?

Literally no one condoned the stealing, the only argument was that it was only a street sign so although it was still a dick move to steal it it wasn't the biggest deal in the world that it was stolen. And it's funny that in contrast I've never seen anyone astounded that Green Day wasn't condemned after every one of the numerous stories of them stealing or destroying something :P 

• Like 2

emmericanidiot

All I actually said was I was *aware* of a clique (that’s not even the right word for it, group is better) because of my own personal experience with someone I know in real life. I didn’t even say it was a bad thing, so I wouldn’t bother naming anyone purely because it then sounds like I’m being unintentionally petty about something that’s not even a problem. I was literally only saying that ‘cliques’ or ‘groups’ are a thing here, I’m not stupid and I know they happen in all aspects of life, I’m 25 years old so I do know that by now. Kind of sick of feeling like I’m getting passive aggression aimed at me for doing fuck all. 

Hermione
28 minutes ago, emmericanidiot said:

All I actually said was I was *aware* of a clique (that’s not even the right word for it, group is better) because of my own personal experience with someone I know in real life. I didn’t even say it was a bad thing, so I wouldn’t bother naming anyone purely because it then sounds like I’m being unintentionally petty about something that’s not even a problem. I was literally only saying that ‘cliques’ or ‘groups’ are a thing here, I’m not stupid and I know they happen in all aspects of life, I’m 25 years old so I do know that by now. Kind of sick of feeling like I’m getting passive aggression aimed at me for doing fuck all. 

It's just that you're not being very specific so I'm not sure what you're talking about. I don't want people to feel unwelcome here but I'm simply not aware of these cliques so I don't know what could change to make a difference to that. The forum is very quiet so I don't know how there's even enough people posting regularly for there to be a bunch of recognizable ones. Just trying to find out if there really is exclusionary behaviour or if you're just talking about people being friends with each other. As far as I know there isn't currently a problem with people being snobby or exclusive on here so if you don't either then we're on the same page.

• Like 2

emmericanidiot
5 minutes ago, Hermione said:

It's just that you're not being very specific so I'm not sure what you're talking about. I don't want people to feel unwelcome here but I'm simply not aware of these cliques so I don't know what could change to make a difference to that. The forum is very quiet so I don't know how there's even enough people posting regularly for there to be a bunch of recognizable ones. Just trying to find out if there really is exclusionary behaviour or if you're just talking about people being friends with each other. As far as I know there isn't currently a problem with people being snobby or exclusive on here so if you don't either then we're on the same page.

I said that there are probably groups of friends on here that are ‘exclusive’ but yeah it’s probably because they’ve been here ages or whatever, I said I was aware of one in particular (although it’s more that they speak outside of the forum, but when they post on here I can tell they’re in a little group purely because I know what goes on outside this forum). It was never a problem with exclusivity or people being snobby, it was just an observation as was the original confession, I was pretty much just agreeing with whoever sent it as a couple of others did. 

Hermione
1 minute ago, emmericanidiot said:

I said that there are probably groups of friends on here that are ‘exclusive’ but yeah it’s probably because they’ve been here ages or whatever, I said I was aware of one in particular (although it’s more that they speak outside of the forum, but when they post on here I can tell they’re in a little group purely because I know what goes on outside this forum). It was never a problem with exclusivity or people being snobby, it was just an observation as was the original confession, I was pretty much just agreeing with whoever sent it as a couple of others did. 

In that case I might just have a different definition of "clique" haha. Probably does give a different perspective if you're seeing things outside the forum as well but yeah, there are groups of friends but I just don't see much exclusivity going on here these days. Apart from the "Exclusive Forum" for April Fools this year anyway :P 

Adorkable

The whole idea of people stealing a street sign is not entitlement it is just people being stupid. Not everything someone does means that they think the band owes them something. "Entitlement" is to GD fans as "fake news" is to trump supporters. 

• Haha 3

Bully Hoe

... can we have some new confessions that aren't as controversial as the topic of cliques, apparently

• Like 3

Brooklyn Baby

Reading about cliques and bullies and birthday threads reminded me of the time BlackDynamite aka SilentDuck made a birthday thread for me calling me a bully :lol:  Anyway, he was probably the most hilarious person on this forum and I miss his posts. 

edit: oops was this confession supposed to be anonymous

• Like 1

Beerjeezus
2 minutes ago, Brooklyn Baby said:

Reading about cliques and bullies and birthday threads reminded me of the time BlackDynamite aka SilentDuck made a birthday thread for me calling me a bully :lol:  Anyway, he was probably the most hilarious person on this forum and I miss his posts. 

edit: oops was this confession supposed to be anonymous

We would have known who sent it because of the mention of a bully :P

emmericanidiot
37 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

... can we have some new confessions that aren't as controversial as the topic of cliques, apparently

There’s no ‘controversy’ it’s literally just a discussion 😅

I don't care

"I miss Florence. I hope she is doing great, wherever she is."

"But don't you know that those fans are way better than everyone else because they've gone to 323812739127319 shows??????????"

"I once tried to steal a bead in a bead shop but the owner caught me putting it into my pocket. It literally cost like 10 cents but i guess I figured it'd be an easy steal. Wrong."

"People who complain about a clique are literally just jealous they can't get the rep"

"I reported to the mods that a someone on here has been sexually harassing me through PM and they did nothing. Thanks for nothing!"

"I'm bisexual and I always say I shouldn't have to come out to my parents because straight people aren't expected to come out either and I always said I wouldn't pretend I'm something I'm not if it ever randomly came up, but honestly? I'm not so sure, I'm kind of afraid they would make a big deal out of this, positive or negative"

"I have heard from a good source that Jane Lannister and Billie Hoe got married by the beach....??"

"I don't really like Tré to be honest"

"My bang list is empty because I'm asexual"

"I bang banged your mom https://youtu.be/wvH2iXcM0E4"

• Haha 2