I don't care

Confessions

Moriarty
20 minutes ago, E X H A U S T E D said:

I mean... small parts are not for anyone 3 and under, due to choking hazards. Perhaps it’d be all too easy to choke on a Billie(‘s dick shaped)-dildo.

(also, this is a Green Day fan community. It seems unrealistic to expect people not to fangirl. Not to mention, if you don’t like it, you can simply not read it.)

to be fair, you’d probably just swallow it.

oh there’s fangirling and then there’s just plain creepy, and more often than not it crosses the line. thankfully i don’t kill many of my brain cells by reading it, i was just recently shown it again so it’s fresh on my noggin. 

(also for clarity, i didn’t send that confession in)

Beerjeezus
23 minutes ago, Moriarty said:

there’s just plain creepy,

Like debating how you'd choke on a Billie Joe dildo :sick:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

emmericanidiot
2 hours ago, Moriarty said:

oh there’s fangirling and then there’s just plain creepy, and more often than not it crosses the line. thankfully i don’t kill many of my brain cells by reading it, i was just recently shown it again so it’s fresh on my noggin. 

(also for clarity, i didn’t send that confession in)

I was the one who made him read it, because I have been reading that thread for a while now and we've been talking about why it's ok to act like that towards someone you don't even know. I was like it when I was first on gdc like however many years ago (8? 9?) but 'fangirling' wasn't really a thing then, and now I'm grown up with my own relationship (even though that doesn't affect my ability to find a celebrity attractive) I can see that a lot of what I said/felt back then was pretty unhealthy. The fangirls thread is very weird imo and seeing mods/admins encouraging some of the behaviour (but then saying it 'crosses a line' when the line is so blurred who even knows whats appropriate or not 🤫) is just as weird. Like sure yeah you can be infatuated with someone and you can like their personality but some of you are, like, in love and that seems so unhealthy to me 🤷‍♀️.

(Also not me who sent anything in mainly because I've heard about the drama this kind of thing caused last time and it's asking for trouble)

EDIT: Just because you've posted in the fangirls thread doesn't imply you're not intelligent

Edited by emmericanidiot

Moriarty
1 hour ago, Jane Lannister said:

Like debating how you'd choke on a Billie Joe dildo :sick:

a very clear joke. really didn’t think that would need explaining but here we are

• Like 1

Beerjeezus
11 minutes ago, emmericanidiot said:

I was the one who made him read it, because I have been reading that thread for a while now and we've been talking about why it's ok to act like that towards someone you don't even know. I was like it when I was first on gdc like however many years ago (8? 9?) but 'fangirling' wasn't really a thing then, and now I'm grown up with my own relationship (even though that doesn't affect my ability to find a celebrity attractive) I can see that a lot of what I said/felt back then was pretty unhealthy. The fangirls thread is very weird imo and seeing mods/admins encouraging some of the behaviour (but then saying it 'crosses a line' when the line is so blurred who even knows whats appropriate or not 🤫) is just as weird. Like sure yeah you can be infatuated with someone and you can like their personality but some of you are, like, in love and that seems so unhealthy to me 🤷‍♀️.

(Also not me who sent anything in mainly because I've heard about the drama this kind of thing caused last time and it's asking for trouble)

EDIT: Just because you've posted in the fangirls thread doesn't imply you're not intelligent

I honestly don't see how mods/admins are encouraging the thread? They're literally wiggered about it most of the time.

1 minute ago, Moriarty said:

a very clear joke. really didn’t think that would need explaining but here we are

Pls.

• Like 1

Hermione
34 minutes ago, emmericanidiot said:

Well the confession said it's "full of morons" :P. I'm not into the "in love" stuff myself but ehh, it can be a bit over the top but seems fairly harmless. As for the rest I think it's just appreciating their looks and their provocative antics on stage in a lighthearted manner. The line's drawn at posting fantasies/descriptions of doing stuff with them so it's really just people talking about them being hot (since you know, they look good and do sexually suggestive things in their performances, and people tend to find musicians attractive). If anyone sees a post that they think violates GDC's guidelines they're free to report it but I really don't think there's anything extreme in there. 

20 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I honestly don't see how mods/admins are encouraging the thread? They're literally wiggered about it most of the time.

Pls.

Because I state that Billie is ho as hell maybe? :P I don't even know when the last time mods had to step into something in the thread though. And other than drawing the line at sexual fantasies or speculation about the band's private lives being posted, making sure it says more discussion based rather than totally a picture thread, as well as not a spam thread (all things that are expected in every thread) no one's been wiggered.

Also there's always been groups of "fangirls" on GDC (it was the "MILFs" when I joined) and people having a fangirl when something fangirl-worthy happened. It's just more contained with the thread now. 

• Like 2

emmericanidiot

Everyone's allowed an opinion, hence why I would never actually post in that thread and call anyone out on anything, the only reason me/others are talking about it now is because the subject got brought up 🤷‍♀️ and also while i'm at it, the 'clique' thing mentioned a couple of pages ago is totally true too, like when I came back on here i thought i would be instantly 'in' because my boyfriend is here but noooooooope, that's not how it works and i can say from my point of view it's kind of shitty.

Beerjeezus
17 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Because I state that Billie is ho as hell maybe? :P I don't even know when the last time mods had to step into something in the thread though. And other than drawing the line at sexual fantasies or speculation about the band's private life being posted, making sure it says more discussion based rather than totally a picture thread, as well as not a spam thread (all things that are expected in every thread) no one's been wiggered.

Also there's always been groups of "fangirls" on GDC (it was the "MILFs" when I joined) and people having a fangirl when something fangirl-worthy happened. It's just more contained with the thread now. 

You're not wrong. :P Personally I don't feel comfortable posting in that thread (now who's wiggered ha! :lol:) but I agree it's mostly just harmless fun.

3 minutes ago, emmericanidiot said:

Everyone's allowed an opinion, hence why I would never actually post in that thread and call anyone out on anything, the only reason me/others are talking about it now is because the subject got brought up 🤷‍♀️ and also while i'm at it, the 'clique' thing mentioned a couple of pages ago is totally true too, like when I came back on here i thought i would be instantly 'in' because my boyfriend is here but noooooooope, that's not how it works and i can say from my point of view it's kind of shitty.

Eh. Sorry you feel this way but yeah it takes a while for people to get to know you. It's not 'clique' but the way human interaction works. When you enter a new group of people it usually takes a while to fit in. It's totally normal.

• Like 1

Hermione

Idk, like there used to be a very clear clique of people on here who literally went around being nasty to people and trying to be objectionable as possible and talking about how great they were compared to everyone else. Now it's like, a group of friends who post Billie gifs and stuff. I simply haven't seen anyone being nasty or exclusionary recently so I don't really know what could change to make it more welcoming.

• Like 2

DeJennsitized
6 minutes ago, emmericanidiot said:

Can you explain the clique thing? I genuinely don't get it. What's the difference between someone being 'in' and someone not? Sometimes two people will reply to each other in a thread with in-jokes and i can see why that would be annoying but that's just friendship and it can be ignored fairly easily 

emmericanidiot

Was literally only referring to the one my bf seems to be in, only on here, not in real life. I'm not aware of any others 🤷‍♀️ that's why i said i expected to be 'in' that one.

Beerjeezus

Clearly a low quality clique :P

Hermione

I'm just not aware of any cliques (other than maybe the group of friends who talk to each other a lot several of which are fangirl thread visitors). Completely unaware there was any kind of clique that males are in on GDC currently. Is there any particular area of the forum that this cliqueiness is displayed? Maybe I'm missing it but if not I honestly think it's just that some people are more well known or recognisable or talk to each other more than others because they've been around longer or posted more or formed friendships. I just post away and reply to whoever posts something I'm interested in replying to, I can't see it from a newcomer's point of view but the impression I get is that that's what most people are doing in most threads. 

• Like 3

I don't care

"I love Billie Joe Armstrong and I'm sick of being ridiculed for it."

"Part of me wonders what the state of GDC be if Ceadog and his gang was still around."

"I have been harsh on GDC a lot, but it's nothing that compares to the cliques outside GDC. Imagine being so self entitled you steal/take the Christie sign from Christie Road?"

Sonia.

I kind of wish some of Ceadog and his gang were around :lol: they could be harsh, but they were great

EDIT; to clarify, I mean they were entertaining and kept the place more lively. I'm not glorifying when they acted a bit like bullies

Trotsky

Ehh, sign stealing isn't unusual. Especially not for Fucking, Austria and that city named Hell, forgot where that is. At least the Christie Road sign is only stolen probably once or twice.

• Like 2

Beerjeezus

the next person to say "clique" should get banned imo

fukingcounterstrike

Anyone wanna let me into their clique? :unsure: 

Beerjeezus
8 minutes ago, fukingcounterstrike said:

Anyone wanna let me into their clique? :unsure: 

Only if you pass the test

Billie Hoe
1 hour ago, Trotsky said:

Ehh, sign stealing isn't unusual. Especially not for Fucking, Austria and that city named Hell, forgot where that is. At least the Christie Road sign is only stolen probably once or twice.

Not to make a drama out of this because it's already enough of a drama elsewhere, but I think it's extremely selfish either way to take that sign, when you consider how many fans are actually going there all the time to take pictures with it... That sign looked extremely old and a lot of the font has flaked off, so I don't think that could have happened to a sign that has been replaced several times and is relatively new. Stealing random city and road signs is one thing, because they get replaced soon after and it really doesn't matter if you steal the original or something else, because it's what's on it that matters. But that Christie Road sign was apparently a little harder to find I've heard (who knows if it will even be replaced) and has a lot of memories attached to it - signs can be replaced, rememobilia not really. It won't be the same with a new sign. It's not theirs to take. Just something to consider

(I didn't send the confession though.)

• Like 4

Hermione

To be fair when Green Day were younger they would've stolen a sign like that without a thought about whether it was significant or easily replaced in a second. The band is a bunch of former vandals who to this day will encourage vandalism so it's kind of par for the course that some of their fans will be too. Seems a crazy thing for fans of Green Day to get that bothered over.

Billie Hoe
3 minutes ago, Hermione said:

To be fair when Green Day were younger they would've stolen a sign like that without a thought about whether it was significant or easily replaced in a second. The band is a bunch of former vandals who to this day will encourage vandalism so it's kind of par for the course that some of their fans will be too. Seems a crazy thing for fans of Green Day to get that bothered over.

Yeah true, they would have, but it's still shitty for other fans who wanted to do the trip imo🤷 I think it sucks

• Like 2

Hermione
12 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

Yeah true, they would have, but it's still shitty for other fans who wanted to do the trip imo🤷 I think it sucks

I mean I'm not a fan of stealing/vandalism but like, Green Day are kind of champions of it so I can't really get too angry that Green Day fans acted the same way. I think it's just something that comes with the territory. And they can still take a picture with the tracks or whatever, it's not that terrible just to lose one of many photo ops on a trip.

Hermione

Yeah whoever did it it was dumb of them and also dumb to brag about it. I just can't work up much anger over a sign though. Especially when Green Day have done many far dumber things not only as teens but also when well into adulthood.