Billie Joe's visit to Viggiano

desertrose

1 hour ago, squashie09 said:

The international shipping has to be ridiculous. A small box from the US to English is like $20 USD. I’m guessing hundreds maybe even $1,000. He probably isn’t paying for it though, since it was a gift. 

Out of curiosity, I just got an estimate from fed ex. If the harp is 70 pounds (google estimated 70-90), shipped from Naples to Oakland, is between $500-$900. Actually a bit cheaper than I would have guessed. 

17 minutes ago, gaslight13 said:

Out of curiosity, I just got an estimate from fed ex. If the harp is 70 pounds (google estimated 70-90), shipped from Naples to Oakland, is between $500-$900. Actually a bit cheaper than I would have guessed. 

I was thinking mid hundreds to low thousands.  

• Like 1

That little compilation with Troublemaker playing (the first video) is so cute :lol: 

• Like 1

I love how when he’s standing at the statue pretending to lift the chair his shoulder doesn’t reach the post 😂

• Haha 2

It's kind of a bummer that most likely none of them were actually legit riding the horses on their own. Looks like they were just posing for pictures mostly. Man, I want to see Billie ride a horse for real. Like do some cantering or something. :lol: Haha! I guess maybe none of them know how to ride horses.

Anyway, this whole thing still makes me so happy! :wub:

7 hours ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

It's kind of a bummer that most likely none of them were actually legit riding the horses on their own. Looks like they were just posing for pictures mostly. Man, I want to see Billie ride a horse for real. Like do some cantering or something. :lol: Haha! I guess maybe none of them know how to ride horses.

Anyway, this whole thing still makes me so happy! :wub:

It looked to me like they posed for pics but then did go for a ride. I’ve only been horseback riding twice but both times myself and those I went with had guides with the horses. The average person doesn’t know what the heck they’re doing on a horse so I think that’s normal? He mentioned that hey went riding more than once during the citizenship thing so I’d guess they did.

Yeah they did ride with  guide. There’s some footage in the long recap videos posted here.  They went on a trail.

On 6/28/2018 at 6:13 AM, gaslight13 said:

It looked to me like they posed for pics but then did go for a ride. I’ve only been horseback riding twice but both times myself and those I went with had guides with the horses. The average person doesn’t know what the heck they’re doing on a horse so I think that’s normal? He mentioned that hey went riding more than once during the citizenship thing so I’d guess they did.

On 6/28/2018 at 6:36 AM, pacejunkie punk said:

Yeah they did ride with  guide. There’s some footage in the long recap videos posted here.  They went on a trail.

Oh, yeah I guess that is normal to have a guide when you're inexperienced on a horse? I'm just so used to riding horses on my own I don't really know. Ha

^^And OMG that video! :wub: Billie speaking Italian! Does anyone know what he said?

1 hour ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

Oh, yeah I guess that is normal to have a guide when you're inexperienced on a horse? I'm just so used to riding horses on my own I don't really know. Ha

^^And OMG that video! :wub: Billie speaking Italian! Does anyone know what he said?

Definitely normal, I'd be terrified to go on a horse on my own haha

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

“Beautiful music is the language of God” It’s something that was written in Italian on the wall of the Fiatarone’s music school/shop and he never forgot it. He says it onstage when he plays in Italy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

“Beautiful music is the language of God” It’s something that was written in Italian on the wall of the Fiatarone’s music school/shop and he never forgot it. He says it onstage when he plays in Italy.

Oh, okay. Cool that he's kept that with him after all these years. That's nice for Italian fans! :happy:

• Like 1

On 30/6/2018 at 2:21 PM, pacejunkie punk said:

That's like his go-to phrase when he attempts to speak Italian! Jesus Billie isn't it time to learn something else? :lol:

1 hour ago, iltrenta said:

That's like his go-to phrase when he attempts to speak Italian! Jesus Billie isn't it time to learn something else? :lol:

I think someone in the crowd said it first so he repeated it, haha. I bet he'll learn a phrase or two for next time he goes back. Anything to get more praise for doing almost nothing :lol:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, gaslight13 said:

I think someone in the crowd said it first so he repeated it, haha. I bet he'll learn a phrase or two for next time he goes back. Anything to get more praise for doing almost nothing :lol:

Haha! To be fair he can say thank you and once he said something that could be translated as God damn it or fucking God to a cheering crowd! So let's give him credit for that, he's like one step away from fluency :lol:

• Haha 4

• 3 weeks later...

That's a lot of peppers :lol:. It's really awesome how welcoming and generous the town was, they went above and beyond! Seems like a great place.

• Like 3