Billie Joe's visit to Viggiano

desertrose

5 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

Heartwarming...however as much as I love watching all of this, I kinda wish he wouldn't be surrounded by filming mobs all the time. I mean, it has to be distracting during a vacation :lol:

I kinda want to watch the videos posted here but I'm reluctant to because it feels like I'm stalking him for that reason lol

• Like 2

5 hours ago, duckez said:

I kinda want to watch the videos posted here but I'm reluctant to because it feels like I'm stalking him for that reason lol

Yes, I kind of feel like that too, even though I know this was supposed to be public - but I have to say it has an effect on me - it totally does make me want to visit Italy :lol:

8 hours ago, duckez said:

There was probably 50-100 people actually following him around on this trip, and professional cameras as well as people’s phones. So you would be watching something that he knew was very public, if that helps.

• Like 3

Billie Joe Armstrong yesterday at the Ristorante Marina Grande of Amalfi. As he writes Amalfi News the American singer arrived in Naples on Saturday's day to visit then viggiano, a small country of three thousand inhabitants in the province of power, town of origin of his greats.

After visiting viggiano the green day frontman then decided to spend a few hours of vacation even on the amalfi coast which, in these days of late June, saw many vips coming.

In the company of Jason White, second guitarist of green day, and their wives, Billie Joe Armstrong has tasted some mixed specialities (squid parm, pecorino bagnolese; local tuna tartare, red shrimp water, Capers, oregano , spuma di bufala; tubettone con scorfano alla puttanesca; SPAGHETTI GENTILE IGP POMODORO SAN MARZANO DOP; Capriccio Marina Grande, tortino al cioccolato valrhona caraibe 66 %, gelato fior di latte) fermandosi poi amabilmente a conversare con Gianpaolo Esposito Owner Del Ristorante On the sea together with brother Enzo,

Together they talked a little about California considering they live near San Francisco.

https://www.google.it/amp/s/amalfinotizie.it/billie-joe-armstrong-amalfi-cantante-green-day-cena-marina-grande/amp/

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I didn't realise it was going to be such a big official event, didn't think we'd even need a thread for it at first :lol:.

:P:thumbsup::lol:

I love Adie caption. She seems to have enjoyed the trip as much as Billie. :wub:

https://www.instagram.com/stories/highlights/17912500186195389/
(Copy and paste the link in your navigator.)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, IcyMoffatt said:

:P:thumbsup::lol:

Oh yes and @IcyMoffatt did know we'd need a thread :D 

Looks like he and Adrienne had a lovely time, both their captions about it are really sweet.

• Like 3

About 4:40 in Billie talks about how he and Joey started researching his family history. 

• Love 2

Those first 3 videos mostly recap Billie's trip to Viggiano, but they show a bit of new images we didn't see yet.

Longer video of BOBD on the harps:

• Like 2

New and «already seen» photos

The girl also wrote an article. Nothing new, except the part about the visit of the cathedral. Billie asked to spend some time alone there and in silence.

http://www.lasiritide.it/art.php?articolo=15694

Edit:

Integral interview of Billie after he got the citizenship:
https://www.gazzettadellavaldagri.it/billie-joe-armstrong-dei-green-day-il-suo-intervento-integrale-a-viggiano/

• Like 2
  • Love 2

It looks as if they left Italy today (video from the Naples airport).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, squashie09 said:

Wouldn't that be an interesting sight at the check-in counter.

Attendant: "Sir, what is that?"

Billie: "A harp."

Attendant:

Billie:

I’m picturing Billie carrying the harp while 80 is stuck with all their bags, haha. 

God I can’t even imagine what it cost to ship that thing but seems like it was a smart move.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, gaslight13 said:

I’m picturing Billie carrying the harp while 80 is stuck with all their bags, haha. 

God I can’t even imagine what it cost to ship that thing but seems like it was a smart move.

The international shipping has to be ridiculous. A small box from the US to English is like $20 USD. I’m guessing hundreds maybe even $1,000. He probably isn’t paying for it though, since it was a gift.