Billie Joe played small private concert in Cannes 6/20/18

desertrose

16 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I guess throwing bottle rockets at her is the modern equivalent of pulling a girls’ pigtails 😄 to let you know you like them.

I've let off my fair share of bottle rockets and I'd never want one shot AT me. What an ass (and I say that with love) :lol:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

So apparently that guitar was rented and cost $5,000!

https://pagesix.com/2018/06/21/green-days-billie-joe-armstrong-throws-5k-guitar-in-the-pool-after-cannes-performance/

Some more info about the show in there too.

This isn't the first time he's trashed rented gear, no? Hall of fame 2012, didn't he smash a rented guitar as well?

54 minutes ago, squashie09 said:

This isn't the first time he's trashed rented gear, no? Hall of fame 2012, didn't he smash a rented guitar as well?

The one he threw in the air after Letterbomb, was that rented? It didn’t look like it got that damaged so maybe they repaired it.

I like that acoustic version of Waiting, it reminds me of the Replacements!

Probably preferable to break/pay for rented guitars than to break/have to repair his own that he cares about. $5000 though, damn :lol: 

I remember when someone in the crew (Bill Schneider I think) said he usually tries to throw them in a way that they don't get too damaged if they're ones he cares about haha. Just not throwing them obviously not being an option.

1 hour ago, squashie09 said:

I've let off my fair share of bottle rockets and I'd never want one shot AT me. What an ass (and I say that with love) :lol:

I’m not all that familiar with bottle rockets but is that something someone can realistically do repeatedly outside a club at another person? Seems like too much is involved. And like she’d come beat him up if he did, not take a liking to him. I’m picturing him doing the thing where you twist a water bottle till the cap flies off at someone. Something a lot of guys did in my high school. I wonder if that’s what he means.

10 minutes ago, gaslight13 said:

I’m not all that familiar with bottle rockets but is that something someone can realistically do repeatedly outside a club at another person? Seems like too much is involved. And like she’d come beat him up if he did, not take a liking to him. I’m picturing him doing the thing where you twist a water bottle till the cap flies off at someone. Something a lot of guys did in my high school. I wonder if that’s what he means.

A bottle rocket is a firecracker. It’s small with a short fuse and a long stick that you’re supposed to anchor in a bottle. They “fly” when lit.

Black-Cat-Bottle-Rocket_grande.jpg?v=147

6 minutes ago, squashie09 said:

A bottle rocket is a firecracker. It’s small with a short fuse and a long stick that you’re supposed to anchor in a bottle. They “fly” when lit.

Black-Cat-Bottle-Rocket_grande.jpg?v=147

Thank you. You’re more helpful than google 😂. I thought they were smaller like that but when I searched it to check the internet lied. This makes more sense.

He just will not shut the hell up about trump. Im not a major trump fan by any means and express your opinion and all but sweet feathery Christ enough is enough sometimes. 

8 hours ago, Cunt said:

He just will not shut the hell up about trump. Im not a major trump fan by any means and express your opinion and all but sweet feathery Christ enough is enough sometimes. 

It'll be enough when Trump leaves office and crawls back into the cesspool he came out of. 

11 hours ago, Cunt said:

you wouldn't like Michael Stipe or Mike Mills then. #fuckdonaldtrump 

12 hours ago, Cunt said:

Green Day is a political band and always has been. If you don't like it, too bad.

4 hours ago, gaslight13 said:

It'll be enough when Trump leaves office and crawls back into the cesspool he came out of. 

1 hour ago, o_O said:

you wouldn't like Michael Stipe or Mike Mills then. #fuckdonaldtrump 

39 minutes ago, Eva said:

Green Day is a political band and always has been. If you don't like it, too bad.

Yes I know Green Day is a political band and I have no problem with that I laughed my ass off when he yelled “Kill donald trump!” At the show in salt lake. But the thing is that Billie says some borderline stupid shit when it comes to trump sometimes. At this point he is beating a dead horse we all know he hates trump. It’s just like when someone keeps on telling you how much they hate Green Day. “Okay fucking cool! I get it you don’t need to keep telling me!”

3 hours ago, Cunt said:

Yes I know Green Day is a political band and I have no problem with that I laughed my ass off when he yelled “Kill donald trump!” At the show in salt lake. But the thing is that Billie says some borderline stupid shit when it comes to trump sometimes. At this point he is beating a dead horse we all know he hates trump. It’s just like when someone keeps on telling you how much they hate Green Day. “Okay fucking cool! I get it you don’t need to keep telling me!”

Green Day don’t have the power to put children in internment camps. With those who do, it’s not a matter of knowing Billie’s or anyone’s opinion, it’s a matter of speaking up against horrifying actions taken by people in power. If we go silent, this kind of thing won’t just continue, it will escalate. 

1 hour ago, gaslight13 said:

Green Day don’t have the power to put children in internment camps. With those who do, it’s not a matter of knowing Billie’s or anyone’s opinion, it’s a matter of speaking up against horrifying actions taken by people in power. If we go silent, this kind of thing won’t just continue, it will escalate. 

Where the hell has this outcry been for the past 20 years? It’s not just a trump problem. It’s a government problem

46 minutes ago, Cunt said:

Where the hell has this outcry been for the past 20 years? It’s not just a trump problem. It’s a government problem

No doubt we have a govt problem, but it is also very very much a Trump problem. And I don’t care how late people are to waking up, as long as they finally are. Anyway, we’re getting off topic. The last thing I’ll say is just that I’m glad he calls out bullshit when he sees it. That’s just part of the deal with him. It’s nothing new. 

4 minutes ago, gaslight13 said:

No doubt we have a govt problem, but it is also very very much a Trump problem. And I don’t care how late people are to waking up, as long as they finally are. Anyway, we’re getting off topic. The last thing I’ll say is just that I’m glad he calls out bullshit when he sees it. That’s just part of the deal with him. It’s nothing new. 

And if it seems he’s doing it more frequently lately, that’s only because there’s so much more bullshit. 

1 hour ago, Cunt said:

I can’t let this go. It is most certainly a Trump problem because in May of 2018 Sessions announced the policy of prosecuting every person who crosses the borders as criminals, therefore separating children from their parents in mass numbers we have never seen. Previously crossing the border was a misdemeanor and families were put in detention centers together until their asylum request was processed or they were deported. The psychological damage that this administration has inflicted on the over 2000 children that were forcibly taken from parents rests on no one but them. Read the stories from doctors who have been treating these children. It’s horrific and inhumane. Every week it’s something more horrifying with the current president, and that’s why Billie is speaking out. We all should be.

8 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

I can’t let this go. It is most certainly a Trump problem because in May of 2018 Sessions announced the policy of prosecuting every person who crosses the borders as criminals, therefore separating children from their parents in mass numbers we have never seen. Previously crossing the border was a misdemeanor and families were put in detention centers together until their asylum request was processed or they were deported. The psychological damage that this administration has inflicted on the over 2000 children that were forcibly taken from parents rests on no one but them. Read the stories from doctors who have been treating these children. It’s horrific and inhumane. Every week it’s something more horrifying with the current president, and that’s why Billie is speaking out. We all should be.

52 minutes ago, gaslight13 said:

It was a bush problem, a Obama, problem, and a Clinton problem. So don’t try to pin everything on trump. And if these families don’t want to be separated then don’t enter the country illegally. If you want to do something stupid and illegal you better be ready for face the consequences 

Just now, Cunt said:

It was a bush problem, a Obama, problem, and a Clinton problem. So don’t try to pin everything on trump

Did you even read my post? What just happened with prosecuting every person that crosses the border and forcibly removing children from their parents in enough numbers to open children only detention centers has NEVER happened before, under any administration, period. Here you go: http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2018/jun/19/matt-schlapp/no-donald-trumps-separation-immigrant-families-was/

32 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

Did you even read my post? What just happened with prosecuting every person that crosses the border and forcibly removing children from their parents in enough numbers to open children only detention centers has NEVER happened before, under any administration, period. Here you go: http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2018/jun/19/matt-schlapp/no-donald-trumps-separation-immigrant-families-was/

Yeah trump trumps policy is shit, but Obama deported more illegal aliens than any other president. We all could go at this crap all day long and find 50,000 internet leaks to prove our points. 

21 minutes ago, Cunt said:

Yeah trump trumps policy is shit, but Obama deported more illegal aliens than any other president. We all could go at this crap all day long and find 50,000 internet leaks to prove our points. 

This is my last response because I know it’s off-topic, but the child separation thing is next-level shit that crosses the line into human rights abuses and we never thought we’d see something like that in this country. We’re on a slippery slope to a very bad place with this president, and it’s freaking out a lot of people. I think that’s why Billie won’t stop speaking out about it. 

On 6/21/2018 at 7:17 PM, Jollyroger118 said:

Anyone know the setlist?

Back on topic - 

This is what I've gathered from the clips and articles

01 - American Idiot
XX - When I Come Around
XX - Waiting
XX - I Fought the Law (Crickets Cover)
XX - Unknown (Ramones Cover)
XX - Unknown (David Bowie Cover)
XX - Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)

Archived