Billie Joe played small private concert in Cannes 6/20/18

desertrose

Nice! Pretty cool to get so many photos of it considering it was a private event.

But as long as Billie is one country away from me I can't relax :lol: 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That tiny clip of Waiting that was posted earlier though.:wub: Beautiful. I need to hear more.

46 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Ick. Private show at an advertising conference - punk af

Ehh they get their entertainment and he gets $$$ and to play a little show with his son, no one loses. Plus if he was going off on Trump like that it must've been a reasonably cool group of people. He might've even done it because he's friends with someone there.

I’m sure it was all about the money but that’s fine. He gets a nice trip out of it and it enables him to do things like the Longshot tour for the real fans where he makes no money. 

32 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I’m sure it was all about the money but that’s fine. He gets a nice trip out of it and it enables him to do things like the Longshot tour for the real fans where he makes no money. 

And not charge too much for regular GD shows. If he's making extra money from someone other than us I'm not complaining :lol: 

35 minutes ago, Hermione said:

And not charge too much for regular GD shows. If he's making extra money from someone other than us I'm not complaining :lol: 

Especially all these rich people and suits. He’s like our Robin Hood isn’t he? 😄 He takes from them so he can give to us 💕

Soooooo... he chucked his guitar into the pool at the end of the set.

IMG_20180621_160936.jpg

:lol:

2 minutes ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

Soooooo... he chucked his guitar in the pool at the end of the set.

How punk of him.

Good thing he's got a vast supply of them...

5 minutes ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

Soooooo... he chucked his guitar in the pool at the end of the set.

Well, I'm sure a made a lot of money with this night. He can afford to buy a new guitar. :lol:

I would love to hear all these I love acoustic versions and theres not enough of them out there. Waiting sounded beautiful.

7 minutes ago, Jollyroger118 said:

I would love to hear all these I love acoustic versions and theres not enough of them out there. Waiting sounded beautiful.

When I Come around sounded soooooo slow

4 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

When I Come around sounded soooooo slow

I haven't come across a clip of it but good. I wish he had more different sounding acoustic versions of his songs. He writes such great lyrics and really could do a fantastic job with acoustic versions if he'd stop trying to play them as if he didn't notice that someone swapped his electric guitar for an acoustic. 

10 minutes ago, gaslight13 said:

I haven't come across a clip of it but good. I wish he had more different sounding acoustic versions of his songs. He writes such great lyrics and really could do a fantastic job with acoustic versions if he'd stop trying to play them as if he didn't notice that someone swapped his electric guitar for an acoustic. 

It’s the first clip here (try not to stab your eyes out over “billyjoelarmstrong”)

13 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It’s the first clip here (try not to stab your eyes out over “billyjoelarmstrong”)

Oh I saw this without sound on earlier. Sounds like it would be great if there wasn't so much off key singing over it, haha. 

So...based on his instagram post about being in Italy now, sounds like that was probably a big factor in him agreeing to do this. Get live nation to pay for the flight to/from Europe, earn some extra money, and fly to Italy for next to nothing in comparison. Sweet deal. 

2 hours ago, gaslight13 said:

Oh I saw this without sound on earlier. Sounds like it would be great if there wasn't so much off key singing over it, haha. 

So...based on his instagram post about being in Italy now, sounds like that was probably a big factor in him agreeing to do this. Get live nation to pay for the flight to/from Europe, earn some extra money, and fly to Italy for next to nothing in comparison. Sweet deal. 

He’s clever and resourceful. 🙂

2 hours ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

Here's a video of said guitar throwing::lol::wub:

https://streamable.com/d1fl3

Great :lol:. I'm sure he was itching to throw something in that pool, irresistible with it right there. 

3 hours ago, gaslight13 said:

In my opinion popping to the UK for a Longshot show on the way back would also be a very cost effective move :thumbsup:

24 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

So apparently that guitar was rented and cost $5,000!

https://pagesix.com/2018/06/21/green-days-billie-joe-armstrong-throws-5k-guitar-in-the-pool-after-cannes-performance/

Some more info about the show in there too.

He's such a little shit.:lol::wub:

That was a nice article too (aside from referring to Good Riddance as “Time of Our Lives" and getting Joey's name wrong lol). I love hearing about those little stories and anecdotes that he tells at shows. The part about 80 is sweet. I love how he's like "I was a dork" - mate, you still are.:lol::wub:

29 minutes ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

He's such a little shit.:lol::wub:

That was a nice article too (aside from referring to Good Riddance as “Time of Our Lives" and getting Joey's name wrong lol). I love hearing about those little stories and anecdotes that he tells at shows. The part about 80 is sweet. I love how he's like "I was a dork" - mate, you still are.:lol::wub:

I guess throwing bottle rockets at her is the modern equivalent of pulling a girls’ pigtails 😄 to let you know you like them.

Seems to be a annual thing that the organizer pulls in a big talent. It's great that Billie played there though!

Archived