Could Green Day's new album be coming April 2019? (pure speculation)

legendary

I searched, studied, and make this report. Check the informations below:

The Network: Money Money 2020 - released September, 2003

Green Day: American Idiot - released September, 2004

Foxboro Hot Tube: Stop Drop and Rolling - released May, 2008.

Green Day: 21st Century Breaking - released May, 2009.

The Longshot: Love is for Losers - released April, 2018

Green Day release on April, 2019: Loading....

Ok, you can go crazy now

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That’s assuming that past experience can predict future events.  But I think it will be next spring anyway since they need a minimum of a year to rehearse, record and release an album.

Difference was they were already fully working on American Idiot/21st CB when they did the other side projects, they were part of the creative/experimenting process of making those albums. This time it's just a Billie project and doesn't seem like anything to do with Green Day or that they could be very far along with the next album yet, so I don't think it's really comparable. 

Just now, Hermione said:

Difference was they were already fully working on American Idiot/21st CB when they did the other side projects, they were part of the creative/experimenting process of making those albums. This time it's just Billie and doesn't seem like anything to do with Green Day, so I don't think it's really comparable. 

Except we don’t know how much of the next album they’ve been working on behind the scenes. Apparently Billie’s been writing since the RevRad tour they could have sat down in February and decided which songs would be Longshot and which would be set aside for Green Day. We don’t really know how far along they are.  And even if Longshot is just Billie he’s still the one that needs to be most inspired for the next album so it is likely still part of his creative process for Green Day.  For all we know he could be writing all this time and be ready to go straight to rehearsals when the tour ends.

4 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Except we don’t know how much of the next album they’ve been working on behind the scenes. Apparently Billie’s been writing since the RevRad tour they could have sat down in February and decided which songs would be Longshot and which would be set aside for Green Day. We don’t really know how far along they are.  And even if Longshot is just Billie he’s still the one that needs to be most inspired for the next album so it is likely still part of his creative process for Green Day.  For all we know he could be writing all this time and be ready to go straight to rehearsals when the tour ends.

Yeah they could've been. But with AI/21st CB they'd been off tour and working on the next album and nothing else for literally years and doing interviews about it and stuff so it was confirmed. Just isn't the same situation (as far as we know) imo.

5 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Exactly what I was thinking. Billie is the creative force in Green Day, and I believe he’s had the next GD album in mind since Rev Rad came out. The only factor that could slow things down is if the HBO AI movie is actually in the works. I wish @LaughingClock could give us more clues on that. Is that subtle enough?

Your correct about the month - i'll even tell you the exact release date too Monday 1st April  2019 :lol: ..............

Yes I have insider information, and I'm not going to tell you how I acquired it, and I can confirm that you are right, thank me later

Can we not make sensationalized posts like this? I got excited only to find out its just mindless speculation. 

17 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Can we not make sensationalized posts like this? I got excited only to find out its just mindless speculation. 

You've been on GDC a long time. You should be used to this kind of thing

I don't think they not have nothing prepared for the next year... Billie writes everytime and do It during RevRad Tour. Before Longshot thing appear, Billie and Tré was in OTIS studio again, maybe separating songs that they will using in Green Day and what Billie would using in The Longshot. Obvioulsy the thread is a bunch of coincidences, but I think we are not too far of Green Day next album.

The Network and Foxboro hot tubs both contained all 3 Green Day members. The Longshot is different it’s only Billie. If your including the Longshot you’d have to include Pinhead Gun Powder releases too.

Even if this was a real pattern, it wouldn't apply to this year because The Longshot is a Billie Joe Armstrong project. Mike and Tre aren't involved.

3 hours ago, neverdone2000 said:

Exactly what I was thinking. Billie is the creative force in Green Day, and I believe he’s had the next GD album in mind since Rev Rad came out. The only factor that could slow things down is if the HBO AI movie is actually in the works. I wish @LaughingClock could give us more clues on that. Is that subtle enough?

Hahaha. I promise I know nothing more than what I've told you guys in the first place and that is that he was writing a shit ton of music while on tour and that hitting the studio upon return is one of the first things that would happen. Oh and of course it was nice to hear that the movie was being spoke about.

I didn't know at the time that there would be a greatest hits album with a new GD song on it but that might have settled the straight into the studio rumor but then along came the Coverups and the The Longshot and the enormous amount of great music and great shows in small venues across the county, certainly igniting the passion that apparently and obviously was running through Billie's mind while touring RevRad, one of the tours he just really loved and it seemed everyone did.

As for the musical, he had said that HBO had officially green lit it and that it was going into rewrites. That's a big step in the very long and impossible to guess length of time to see a film from a project you've been following since conception. Again, anyone that followed the Queen biopic knows how long that took and it's tracking (screening for notes).

It has hit a stalemate, after the purchase of the option, as these things tend to do but once action like rewrites start happening, that's real progress towards it. So while to many when I see that I think "wow, this thing is really getting made" and frankly I don't know if that means in 1 or 3 years but barring bad things, it looks like it's being made for sure when it was a "well I hope they make this thing" before. We shall see. If they go into the next tour bedofe discussing it further than Billie has last year with what he said and wasn't shy about it, that HBO green lit it, then it could take a while, or it might be one of the things he wants to do more than touring with  GD first. 

The actual production a film doesn't take that much time. Can be as short as weeks (principle shooting), but pre/production and post can take years with pre always being the bulk of a production. I would say we are getting close to the end of pre-pro.

In an ideal world, for me, they wil wrap pre-pro and re-writes soon, right before the boys get back in the studio and give us 13 or 14, whatever it is. 

Either way, I've been loving everything they do. I've learned to just sit back and give me whatever the mega force that makes one BJA, a unique and creative tool for the universe and say thank you heavens for all of it. From Longview, FOD, Mother Mary, Money Money 20 20, to Turn Me Loose, I love them all and have stopped wondering if I'll like the next thing and just wonder what the next thing is that I will like.

If I had definitive things that I knew, that mattered and would be in line with being okay to leak, I would say something. Think that's been well established but in general, just waiting to see what's next like everyone. :)

No way, my man.
Billie Joe is living the dream with the Longshot and Mike and Tré are having sweet days with their families.
New album won't come before 2020, mark my words.

4 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

There is a question mark and people have posted theories about when albums will come out based on previous numbers/dates many times before to be fair :P. I guess I can add another clue though.

• Hermione changed the title to Green Day's new album coming April 2019? (pure speculation)
6 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Apparently Billie’s been writing since the RevRad tour they could have sat down in February and decided which songs would be Longshot and which would be set aside for Green Day. 

Remember the little video in which Billie was pressing the Longshot vinyl? That was around the same time of the shooting of Back In the USA. He had the same haircut in both videos. So, it was during last fall season. And, according to the guy from the Rockfest, GD was originally supposed to tour this month, but the band cancelled everything. Billie had plan the Longshot a long time before the end of the RevRad tour. 

But I agree that the band might have discussed since February about what is the next step for GD.

And to go back on the topic, I will not get my hopes up just because of a some kind of pattern from previous albums.

Pure speculation is the purest of all the speculations id say.

I think the next Longshot album will be coming out in April 2019

I hate these kind of threads. It's almost like trying to find a cause for conspiracy theory.

I don't think this can even be considered pure speculation, rather a complete guess

19 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I don't think this can even be considered pure speculation, rather a complete guess

I tried :P. If people get overly excited by a thread when it's labelled pure speculation they're beyond help.

join_in_the_internet_circle_jerk_print-r

The thing he's not wrong about is that Billie's side projects do tend do coincide with the next GD album (as they occur when he is feeling juicy) so although he's created a false equivalency, it is correlative. Would not be surprised to see a 2019 GD album.

I'd be very surprised if we saw it next year, the last album to be released less than four years before the previous one (barring the parts of the Trilogy) was Warning, we're coming up to two decades since they had that kind of release schedule.

• Hermione changed the title to Could Green Day's new album be coming April 2019? (pure speculation)

Archived