Could Green Day's new album be coming April 2019? (pure speculation)

legendary

3 hours ago, The Insider said:

She is on holidays atm & I miss her😑

She's not an old fart and can't defend herself :dry:

1 minute ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Yeah BOTW would've been a killer live song!

Yes!!! I'd prefer it over Youngblood. At least they could have alternated the two from show to show.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Agreed. I'm sorry some revrad song have never been played. The chance they'll pull them out later is minimal and it's a crime we may never hear BOTW, Outlaws or Say Goodbye live. :(

They’ve played Say Goodbye live, just not the entire song.

I still find it weird how Green Day was so opposed to playing their new songs this past tour. With the Trilogy, they were eager to play new stuff, with Mike even saying "Fuck the past" in regard to fans asking them to only play the hits. Then they did just that. As a musician myself, I can't fathom not being eager and excited to play your new music.

8 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

I still find it weird how Green Day was so opposed to playing their new songs this past tour. With the Trilogy, they were eager to play new stuff, with Mike even saying "Fuck the past" in regard to fans asking them to only play the hits. Then they did just that. As a musician myself, I can't fathom not being eager and excited to play your new music.

especially when your new music was fairly solid, unlike almost 100% of the fucking trilogy

Just now, Brooklyn Baby said:

especially when your new music was fairly solid, unlike almost 100% of the fucking trilogy

The small club shows they played trilogy songs looked great compared to the small club shows which was suppose to be about RevRad songs......

1 hour ago, Jane Lannister said:

She's not an old fart and can't defend herself :dry:

huh - we are old farts - older than BJ anyway😋😎

6 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

When they did it with the trilogy it was in small clubs, and even then they were super scared and anxious about what the audience reaction would be. And then on the regular tour they went back to the usual thing of just playing a few select new songs.

I don't think it's so much that they don't want to play new music as that they just have different priorities and different things that get them going about playing music live. When they play lots of hits it doesn't seem to be just to begrudgingly please the crowd, it seems more like they genuinely love getting the crowd reaction from playing well known songs more than anything else and they don't mind so much which songs they play to get it, aside from occasionally feeling like fuck it lets do something different and doing so. They've already put the new songs out on the album and played them tons of times themselves so maybe they already feel like they've played it enough.

Also this isn't a new thing, they've done it with every album/tour. Even on the Dookie tour it was always the same select songs played and some never seeing the light of day. It's just how they operate.

6 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

every tour since Dookie they've always plays 6-7 songs from the most recent album and they've kept that tradition up 

I thought Dookielukie was mainly talking about the club shows in Cuatro (I maybe wrong) & when they did the small club shows for RevRad they kinda did a generic setlist - in fact photocopied it for the most part😉

35 minutes ago, The Insider said:

I thought Dookielukie was mainly talking about the club shows in Cuatro (I maybe wrong) & when they did the small club shows for RevRad they kinda did a generic setlist - in fact photocopied it for the most part😉

Different situation tho also at those secret trilogy shows they didn’t play all the trilogy songs when you break em down they did about 6-7 from what would turn out to be each album I think for those early ones I think they were testing the songs hence why they did like 2-3 songs that turned out not be used 

I think the trilogy thing with playing the new songs in small clubs was just an experiment they wanted to try as a new way of debuting songs, it wasn't about changing the way they did setlists. Or if it was they obviously didn't like it much as they didn't change the setlist style in the main tour and haven't done it again since.

Anything is possible. Kind of difficult to nail down a specific time other than their typical album release cycle. Which is 3 to 4 years.

45 minutes ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

Anything is possible. Kind of difficult to nail down a specific time other than their typical album release cycle is 3 to 4 years.

You could look at their previous release dates.

Starting with 39 Smooth

Released: April 13, 1990

Kerplunk -  December 17, 1991

Dookie - February 1, 1994

Insomniac - October 10, 1995

Nimrod - Released: October 14, 1997

Warning - Released: October 3, 2000

American Idiot -= Released: September 21 (my birthday), 2004

21CBD - Released: May 15, 2009

Trill - September, November, December

RevRad - Released: October 7, 2016

Of course, this is no indicator of anything but that WAS.

* The only thing I would say about this is that a summer release is almost a NO GO so we are looking at late fall (possibly early Spring) or October and I promise this, it will happen during this cycle but I can't say when and when I say I can't say I mean I don't know.

6 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

You could look at their previous release dates.

Starting with 39 Smooth

Released: April 13, 1990

Kerplunk -  December 17, 1991

Dookie - February 1, 1994

Insomniac - October 10, 1995

Nimrod - Released: October 14, 1997

Warning - Released: October 3, 2000

American Idiot -= Released: September 21 (my birthday), 2004

21CBD - Released: May 15, 2009

Trill - September, November, December

RevRad - Released: October 7, 2016

Of course, this is no indicator of anything but that WAS.

* The only thing I would say about this is that a summer release is almost a NO GO so we are looking at late fall (possibly early Spring) or October and I promise this, it will happen during this cycle but I can't say when and when I say I can't say I mean I don't know.

I was referring more to their recent release schedules. 

1997 to 2000

2000 to 2004

2004 to 2009

2009 to 2012

2012 to 2016

all around 3 to 4 years apart from one another.

11 minutes ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

I was referring more to their recent release schedules. 

1997 to 2000

2000 to 2004

2004 to 2009

2009 to 2012

2012 to 2016

all around 3 to 4 years apart from one another.

Right and you were correct but you also said "kind of difficult to nail down a specific time other than their typical album release cycle is 3 to 4 years." which you were correct about and I was not refuting, in fact it's pretty dead on but I was just showing that you can indeed get a little more info from the current past in that it's USUALLY a fall release (especially as of late or very early winter) but NEVER once summer and occasionally spring.

I am not saying that this is a definite indicator but it is an indicator none-the-less.  THat's all. You are indeed correct.  RevRad was released in Oct, 2016 and I think it's a safe bet that they will release something a little bit earlier this season and more like the AI to TCB (they release earlier when they are having fun and success), OCT 2019 sounds plausible considering they will be doing tours with projects to practice songs and figure ones out (don't know if you guys have noticed but that has always been their MO) and as Billie told you guys, he's practicing with these guys and teased the FBHT and maybe, maybe not, we all shall see.  But what I am SURE of, is that we will have an album by no later than 2019 fall and maybe JUST MAYBE earlier but wouldn't count on it.

If it wasn't for The Longshot, babies, and some other factors you guys aren't discussing, we could have had the shortest time frame from album to album.  That's all I can really say but there is a lot going on in the world of Green Day and all I can say is I promise happiness in the near future.

Also an aside, since I have it uploaded. Billie is still the only person LISTED as an attached cast for St. Jimmy in the upcoming release of AI, the Musical which is still in deep development and was given some more love since the success of Queen's Bohemian Rhapsode, the flick. "Known for 'The Simpsons'"...Still cracks me up.  Quite a jump, from being known for The Simpson's one line and then Broadway and then this.  Nice to be a rock star.  There is more movement on the film than what IMDBpro is currently showing.  I will let you know when I have specifics that I am allowed to share.

2m83904.jpg

10 hours ago, LaughingClock said:

If it wasn't for The Longshot, babies, and some other factors you guys aren't discussing, we could have had the shortest time frame from album to album.  That's all I can really say but there is a lot going on in the world of Green Day and all I can say is I promise happiness in the near future.

The way you wrote that makes it sound like there is drama within the Green Day "family." Thanks for the other intel though!

If they release any album in 2020, be it Green Day or some other project, they MUST reference Money Money 2020!

If not a Network album, at least a song that is Network-y.  

Maybe Green Day could wear the masks for a bit, have some fun with it.  

2 hours ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

If they release any album in 2020, be it Green Day or some other project, they MUST reference Money Money 2020!

I always think about that when I listen to The Network nowadays. 😂 It feels so weird to finally be approaching 2020, which I will always associate with Money Money 2020.

5 hours ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

If not a Network album, at least a song that is Network-y.  

Maybe Green Day could wear the masks for a bit, have some fun with it.  

I kind of agree but they just never seem to look back at stuff in that way. Maybe I should say revisit.

5 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

I want to hear all about the drama :happy:

Ftr, I said nothing about drama. 

51 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

If it's not drama, what is it?

Green Day is working on stuff and will release an album at some point. Top secret insider info :sherlock:

Archived