Could Green Day's new album be coming April 2019? (pure speculation)

legendary

7 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

Aren't they touring their classic albums all the time when most of what they play is dookie and idiot? Meh. If old material tour is what they want to do then they'd better do it with rare stuff.

Definitely BITCH status😑

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Jane Lannister said:

I can't help it - say greatest hits and I get WIGGERED

So if GD toured doing albums front to back you would be disapponted with that. 

Just now, The Insider said:

So if GD toured doing albums front to back you would be disapponted with that. 

Yeah, I'd go through all stages of grief and eventually buy a ticket while still feeling pissed about it but unable to resist then I'd complain about it forever.

Seeing them do albums front to back is meh tbh. I saw Dookie and it was cool but since they already play half that album anyway and the bit they don't already play takes like 25 minutes it doesn't even make the show very different. None of their albums are anywhere near long enough to fill a show so they'd have to either play extra songs (making it similar to a regular show) or play more than one album front to back, and if those two were Dookie and AI (which I'm guessing they would be) again it wouldn't be that far from a regular show.

A tour based on albums front to back or biggest hits would work for some bands but Green Day's regular show already showcases their two biggest albums and their biggest hits very thoroughly so it isn't really worth them doing it imo. If it included playing albums other than Dookie and AI in full maybe, but I can't see that happening.

2 hours ago, Hermione said:

Seeing them do albums front to back is meh tbh. I saw Dookie and it was cool but since they already play half that album anyway and the bit they don't already play takes like 25 minutes it doesn't even make the show very different. None of their albums are anywhere near long enough to fill a show so they'd have to either play extra songs (making it similar to a regular show) or play more than one album front to back, and if those two were Dookie and AI (which I'm guessing they would be) again it wouldn't be that far from a regular show.

A tour based on albums front to back or biggest hits would work for some bands but Green Day's regular show already showcases their two biggest albums and their biggest hits very thoroughly so it isn't really worth them doing it imo. If it included playing albums other than Dookie and AI in full maybe, but I can't see that happening.

Exactly. The main difference from a regular show would be taking away the tiny amount of surprise element that comes with the chance they might play a couple rare songs. Dookie + AI would be the most boring Green Day show ever and playing any other album in full would only happen in Billie's nightmare :P I admit I'd bitch a bit less if the whole album in full was Nimrod or Insomniac but I'd still prefer them incorporating these songs into their regular setlist and switching it up a lot more than playing it in album order & creating another never changing setlist.

Being that the Longshot was just Billie, and FBHT was all three GD members, I don't know if the pattern is applicable. A lot of bands have patterns for album releases though, like Three Days Grace (before Adam Gontier left) was every three years starting in '97. So, possibly you might have just figured out the GD formula!

6 hours ago, Hermione said:

Seeing them do albums front to back is meh tbh. I saw Dookie

Stop it - I've seen  Dookie in full - I've been to a Foxies show bla bla bla.😈😍

11 hours ago, Hermione said:

My guess is they would do Dookie and either Insomniac or Kerplunk front to back

5 hours ago, AndrewUnknown said:

That sounds like.... not that plausible. RevRad was basically Dookie, some AI, mostly RevRad except for Too Dumb to Die and Bouncing Off the Wall (which they never played unfortunately) and they didn’t play those songs but Youngblood (not a single) was on every set. So static. The tours are basically “greatest hits” and the “surprises” are like Paper Lanterns and Going to Pasalacqua.... Those are great songs but are not surprises. It would be so cool if they actually surprised us and made the set cool with newer stuff. Or imagine Green Day covering the Longshot or FBHT in a big stadium. That would be amazing. Although I like those songs and those bands being saved for small clubs and to remain special and sacred. I don’t know. Green Day has such a huge catalog. It’s like they can tour every day for years and years and it could always be different. I don’t think they’d stick to just one classic album.

8 hours ago, AndrewUnknown said:

That would be cool. But I just can't imagine a whole tour doing it and selling it on that idea. Seems more like something they could pull out at random shows.

13 hours ago, The Insider said:

Stop it - I've seen  Dookie in full - I've been to a Foxies show bla bla bla.😈😍

But still I would've preferred if they'd skipped Dookie and played KFAD :ga:

12 hours ago, AndrewUnknown said:

That would mean the live debut of "No One Knows",  "Westbound Sign" and the fan favorite "Panic Song" which would be EPIC.   

I know it would never happen (much like ANY of our dream set lists) but I would love to see Shenanigans played in full.  THAT would be a fun show!  "Haha You're Dead" as the encore, wow.  

I complain about them not playing this song or that song just like we all do, but really Green Day have played more of their discography than a lot of bands. There are only about 12 studio album tracks they've never debuted live, and of course most of those are from Dos and Insomniac.  

Back on topic, April could be a good time for the new album.  It's right around the 30th anniversary of them changing their name to Green Day, so it would be a great time for them to celebrate with both a new album and rip roaring through some older material at the same time......of just adding a few new songs to the show, whatever floats their boat.  

10 hours ago, Hermione said:

That would be cool. But I just can't imagine a whole tour doing it and selling it on that idea. Seems more like something they could pull out at random shows.

No, the selling point would be the 25th anniversary of Dookie.

Green Day shows tend to be around 2 and a half hours, so I’ve heard, and Dookie and Kerplunk combined would be about 75 minutes. So my guess is that they first half of the show would be a greatest hits type of thing where they play a normal setlist with out any Dookie or Kerplunk, and they play the entirety of both albums second half. 

EDIT: it genius really. Not only will people come for just Green Day, but long lost fans from the 90s might be encouraged to come from the idea of Dookie being played fully.

32 minutes ago, AndrewUnknown said:

Dookie and Kerplunk combined would be about 75 minutes. 

This is true of the album length only. You forget during a live show Billie has the ability to turn a 3 minute song into a 12 minute song very easily. 😂

So turning 75mins into 150mins would be easy work for him.

27 minutes ago, Alan86 said:

This is true of the album length only. You forget during a live show Billie has the ability to turn a 3 minute song into a 12 minute song very easily. 😂

So turning 75mins into 150mins would be easy work for him.

That is true, however amongst all those extended songs, it's more easy to overlook those few songs that he plays with no or very few changes live. So, I think you have to add some time, but I wouldn't double the playing time haha

But, I'm a bit biased, because the one thing I'd really like to see would be Dookie and AI to be played front to back again, or for them to draw one album to play front to back from a list of those celebrating an anniversary: AI, Dookie, 21CB. That would also be cool.

21CB (the song specifically) has gone way too long without being played...

I'm still wounded that we didn't get more Nimrod songs for the 20 year anniversary.

5 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

21CB (the song specifically) has gone way too long without being played...

Absolutely. Such a great opening song to a show but I guess it would work well to as first encore song too.

51 minutes ago, Montclare said:

I'm still wounded that we didn't get more Nimrod songs for the 20 year anniversary.

They didn't even get the year right for the Dookie anniversary. Doing stuff for anniversaries isn't their strong suit :P 

I agree that 21st CB in full would be epic. I dunno though, they'd have more to consider with a "classic album" tour than just whether it would be cool to do or attract business in the short term. Becoming a "greatest hits" touring act isn't necessarily the best PR for a band that still wants to put out new material and stay current. I still think they already cover playing classic songs/albums well enough in their regular shows that it wouldn't be particularly worthwhile for them.

58 minutes ago, Hermione said:

They didn't even get the year right for the Dookie anniversary. Doing stuff for anniversaries isn't their strong suit :P 

I agree that 21st CB in full would be epic. I dunno though, they'd have more to consider with a "classic album" tour than just whether it would be cool to do or attract business in the short term. Becoming a "greatest hits" touring act isn't necessarily the best PR for a band that still wants to put out new material and stay current. I still think they already cover playing classic songs/albums well enough in their regular shows that it wouldn't be particularly worthwhile for them.

That too. I don't want them to do it for selfish reasons because I don't enjoy knowing what exactly will happen next in a show but I also don't want them to do it because it's as if they were admiting they're old farts :P

55 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Lol I’m probably just forcing myself to think of justification for a tour next year because I want to see them live so god damn badly

13 hours ago, Hermione said:

Weak effort😋

20 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

old farts :P

She is on holidays atm & I miss her😑

They did play 21CB in full a few times when it was released. It would've been cool if they did that with RevRad too. Hearing a brand new album in full live would be much more exciting than hearing AI or Dookie in full live, especially when half of it is just the same stuff they play live anyway.

8 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

They did play 21CB in full a few times when it was released. It would've been cool if they did that with RevRad too. Hearing a brand new album in full live would be much more exciting than hearing AI or Dookie in full live, especially when half of it is just the same stuff they play live anyway.

Agreed. I'm sorry some revrad song have never been played. The chance they'll pull them out later is minimal and it's a crime we may never hear BOTW, Outlaws or Say Goodbye live. :(

Just now, Jane Lannister said:

Agreed. I'm sorry some revrad song have never been played. The chance they'll pull them out later is minimal and it's a crime we may never hear BOTW, Outlaws or Say Goodbye live. :(

Yeah BOTW would've been a killer live song!

Archived