Could Green Day's new album be coming April 2019? (pure speculation)

legendary

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Libertine Angel said:

I'd be very surprised if we saw it next year, the last album to be released less than four years before the previous one (barring the parts of the Trilogy) was Warning, we're coming up to two decades since they had that kind of release schedule.

The difference between 21CB and Uno was only 3 years and 4 months. 

7 hours ago, LaughingClock said:

If they go into the next tour bedofe discussing it further than Billie has last year with what he said and wasn't shy about it, that HBO green lit it, then it could take a while, or it might be one of the things he wants to do more than touring with  GD first. 

The actual production a film doesn't take that much time. Can be as short as weeks (principle shooting), but pre/production and post can take years with pre always being the bulk of a production. I would say we are getting close to the end of pre-pro.

In an ideal world, for me, they wil wrap pre-pro and re-writes soon, right before the boys get back in the studio and give us 13 or 14, whatever it is. 

Thank you for this explanation of the process. As I was saying, this is one factor we can’t predict yet, whether the plan is to have the AI movie come out before the next GD album. 

4 hours ago, Grubby Poop said:

Why would you pick such an insignificant day?

It's Hitler's birthday.

On 6/8/2018 at 10:41 AM, legendary said:

Foxboro Hot Tube: Stop Drop and Rolling - released May, 2008

Sorry, I stopped reading here.

On 08/06/2018 at 4:10 PM, pacejunkie punk said:

Except we don’t know how much of the next album they’ve been working on behind the scenes. Apparently Billie’s been writing since the RevRad tour they could have sat down in February and decided which songs would be Longshot and which would be set aside for Green Day. We don’t really know how far along they are.  And even if Longshot is just Billie he’s still the one that needs to be most inspired for the next album so it is likely still part of his creative process for Green Day.  For all we know he could be writing all this time and be ready to go straight to rehearsals when the tour ends.

Is it that likely that Longshot songs could be GD one? They sound nothing like GD so I’d be surprised if they were ever in contention to be on an upcoming album 

Just wait for the inevitable Rolling Stone article that will explain why the new album was released on x date for x reason. 

3 hours ago, Joe. said:

Is it that likely that Longshot songs could be GD one? They sound nothing like GD so I’d be surprised if they were ever in contention to be on an upcoming album 

Not all of them but I think Kill Your Friends for example sounds like the perfect Green Day song. I’m surprised that ended up on The Longshot album. 

Just now, pacejunkie punk said:

Not all of them but I think Kill Your Friends for example sounds like the perfect Green Day song. I’m surprised that ended up on The Longshot album. 

I'm kind of disappointed that Longshot isn't a bigger project. These songs deserve more exposure. 

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I see what you mean but glad that was put on the Longshot album 

8 minutes ago, Joe. said:

I see what you mean but glad that was put on the Longshot album 

I’m not, I mean I’m glad to not have to wait a year or more for it but it would have had wider exposure on a GD album than it does now. First time I heard it it gave me the same thrill and joy I had from hearing Bang Bang for the first time.  It rocks and it’s dark and funny in the way I want Green Day to be again. 

On 6/8/2018 at 4:47 PM, Libertine Angel said:

I'd be very surprised if we saw it next year, the last album to be released less than four years before the previous one (barring the parts of the Trilogy) was Warning, we're coming up to two decades since they had that kind of release schedule.

Precedent in time is not the best indicator. Precedent in action is what to look at.

The unsasnwered qussrions are a) how far is Billie going with his current successful side project and b) when he decides to turn his attention to his main band, will it be straight to music or movie, or both. 

One thing is for sure, actually a couple things, don't look to the past to figure out what any Billie, let alone this new, more driven version will produce. We've seen what he can do when he's forcing if, but when he's as musically tapped as he is now, I honestly don't care what form the music is coming from, be it with Kevin and Jeff of Mike and Tre, I'm happy. Don't get me wrong, I'll still take a GD album and tour over any side project but when they are as good as The Network and The Longshot, I'm good.

So we really have no idea. For all we know, they have a track list for the next album and for all we know, they don't know a single song, so trying to guess is a fool's game.

If GD come out with another album, it will be between 2019-2021. If I had a gun to my head, I would see early fall of 2020 but I would not at all be surprised if it was late 2019. Not even a little surprised. Depends what everyone is doing.

Good news is, FOR ME, The Gorillaz new album The Now Now is sounding awesome, and will be out soon!!! I won't post it but go check out the video to "Humility" it was shot with 2D and Noodle at Venice Beach! 

I just love music.  It is like drugs for the soul.

I don't really care if the Longshot songs don't get more exposure honestly, as long as I get to hear them not fussed :lol:. I don't think any of them exactly have huge hit written on them anyway even though they are amazing. If it was Green Day we wouldn't have this whole awesome secret little thing and the small intimate shows :wub:, I think these songs are better suited to being performed that way and this is what they were meant for.

Yeah there's nothing to read on the tea leaves between dates of releases. People have tried to make estimates based on past releases in the past and it's wrong most of the time. The band isn't on a schedule. "Oh it's been 4 years, we better time that new one to release at this point."

1 hour ago, Hermione said:

I don't really care if the Longshot songs don't get more exposure honestly, as long as I get to hear them not fussed :lol:. I don't think any of them exactly have huge hit written on them anyway even though they are amazing. If it was Green Day we wouldn't have this whole awesome secret little thing and the small intimate shows :wub:, I think these songs are better suited to being performed that way and this is what they were meant for.

Yes, I agree. I said more exposure but what I meant was LONGSHOT IN EUROPE OR GTFO!!!

I have a hard time believing a new green day album will come out before late 2019 at the earliest. It still feels like they just finished the revrad tour and i think they can see that the extra time off they took between trilogy and revrad benefited them. My best guess would be we'll start to hear about a new album in late 2019 and then get it in early 2020 though im probably wrong.

2019 would've seen reasonable without The Longshot. I think The Longshot album/tour has delayed it until 2020 at the earliest.

And I honestly don't think the AI movie will happen for another while because there's no reason for me to think otherwise. This damn movie has been talked about forever and nothing's happened yet. Until we know something's happening with that, there's no reason for us to think something will happen.

I did some crazy math and got a release date guess together, but I have no idea how to find it now.   I can never get the search feature on here to work for me.   

Whatever and wherever my date is, it is correct.   But just to be safe, I'll do some more crazy math down further on this post!  

I hope that The Longshot isn't meant to hold us over for a longer period of time without new Green Day, and that is similar to other side projects that lead into the new material.   As long as we don't get 5 years of silence, I think we will all make it okay.  

Let's do the worst case scenario, at least as bad as it's gotten previously.   There was 4 years, 7 months and 24 days between Idiot and Breakdown.  

If they waited that long to release Green Day XIII then it would come out on..............May 31st, 2021.   Yikes!     Not sure we could make it!   

Of course all their other releases were closer together, with an average of around 2.56 years between all their albums.  The back to back dates of the trilogy dropped the average, so it's more like 3 years, 3 months for 'normal' releases.   

If we go by their average, then the next album will come out November 29th, 2019.   ..........But that's WITH the Trilogys short time span included.   

Without those short spans, we're looking at a January 10th, 2020 album. 

Anyway, Rev Rads 2nd anniversary is around the corner, so i am confident we will start hearing rumblings of new songs being worked within the next 6 months.  

No way. The band are enjoying their free time more than ever. I don't mind if they hurry up to record a new one. Heck, even they can tour w/o a new record, just for the sake of playing rarities and such

I have very reliable sources that have confirmed that it will be released sometime after June 2018. I feel terribly about sharing this highly confidential inside information against my sources' wishes, but I'm only here to advance the best interests of GDC. Hopefully this helps clarify everything.

1 hour ago, TimmyChunks said:

I have very reliable sources that have confirmed that it will be released sometime after June 2018. I feel terribly about sharing this highly confidential inside information against my sources' wishes, but I'm only here to advance the best interests of GDC. Hopefully this helps clarify everything.

Thank you so much, hope you don't get in trouble for sharing this top secret info!!!

7 hours ago, TimmyChunks said:

AWESOME!!!!!! New GD album after June!!!! 19 more days to wait!!!!  WOO HOO!!!!

The longest gap between albums was AI and 21CB. And 21CB is my favourite album of all time. So, if GD want to spend a lot of time on the next album, I'm fine with that as long as it's a truly great Green Day album! Billie seems to be writing lyrics all the time. The longer they leave it, the more I'll be expecting from it. I might get impatient in the meantime but I'll be really excited whenever it comes.

Yeah, also American Idiot took at ton of time to produce. It's true that a good album doesn't always hinge on time, sometimes quite the opposite is true, but I do think there is a certain correlation, something that is especially true the older the musician and/or band in question is.

I'm just going to be honest and say: I don't have a clue. Personally, a release late 2019 seems the earliest date possible to me, but even then it's pushing it. That is of course, depending on which kind of album they even intend to produce. A significant part of my expectation is a more elaborate album than RevRad, produced in the studio together with a producer. That would certainly take some time. But that's just my baseless subjective hope and wish, not what they are actually objectively going to do. At this point, they may already know / have an idea (such as Tre's new drum set might indicate) what kind of album they want to produce, but they may as well haven't put any significant thought to it. I mean, they just had a reasonably well performing album with a generally good response, both from critics and from fans. And they played to more than 1.2 Million people over the span of just over a year. The release of the album isn't even 2 years ago. All we knew at this point 2 years ago is that they were in the studio. And the end of the full scale world tour (well, except for Japan/Oceania) is barely more than half a year ago. Maybe this album/tour cycle gave them the motivation to jump right into the next album. Maybe it exhausted them and they sought to step on the brakes a bit. I know that Billie went head first right into the next project, but going on tour with the Longshot most likely isn't even half as stressful as it is with Green Day, because both the live shows and the album itself don't have to meet the same expectations and public scrutiny. That's an important thing to consider. I'm sure they've learnt on several occasions in the past that public opinion really gets to you, even if it's just a loud minority. People fiercely attacked the last Linkin Park album and as tragic as it is, you bet Chester Bennington was more than aware of it. So again, we just don't know what they're thinking and/or doing right now (apart from Billie). But that's the whole fun of it, I guess. I too admit to getting excited by every little ''announcement'', hint etc. that may or may not point to a new GD album, but in the end: All I know is that I don't know nothing... 

...and that's fine ...yee-ha!

• Hermione changed the title to Could Green Day's new album be coming April 2019? (pure speculation)

Archived