“Sweet Children” Demo Version to Be Released on the Upcoming Turn It Around Soundtrack

Todd

I wish they'd say how many copies of the vinyl they are selling.
Might ask on twitter about it.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/30/2018 at 10:27 PM, Paola17 said:

I wish they'd say how many copies of the vinyl they are selling.
Might ask on twitter about it.

2000 on blue vinyl. Looks like there will be two other colors as well.

Looks like the primary distributor is Interpunk. Go get your preorders through them! 

“HEADS UP EVERYONE!! You are going to want to know about this! We have possibly the most exciting PUNK ROCK release in many years!!
It called "Turn It Around: The Story Of East Bay Punk" and its being released on June 22 as a FILM DOCUMENTARY on BLU-RAY/DVD and also as a SOUNDTRACK with 35 bands/songs that will blow your mind. The soundtrack will be on Limited Double Blue Vinyl LP, and Limited Double Cassette.

To pre-order or to get much more info, like full description and you are expecially going to want to see the 35 song track list on the soundtrack... just click right below on the one you want to learn more about first.
Pre-order now because we are offering discounted pricing for the next 2 weeks only -thru June 11th.

► FILM/DOCUMENTARY on BLU-RAY/DVD combo
https://www.interpunk.com/item.cfm?Item=246636
► SOUNDTRACK on Limited Double Blue Vinyl LP
https://www.interpunk.com/item.cfm?Item=246634
► SOUNDTRACK on Limited Double Cassette
https://www.interpunk.com/item.cfm?Item=246635

Here is a condensed summary of the Soundtrack and Film:

SOUNDTRACK
This compilation inspired by the documentary Turn It Around: The Story of East Bay Punk is a sprawling collector’s edition double album and a perfect audio companion to the film. Ninety minutes of music over thirty-five rare, unreleased and / or out-of-print tracks from bands like Green Day, Rancid, Neurosis, NOFX, Operation Ivy, Crimpshrine, Mr. T Experience, Jawbreaker, Pinhead Gunpowder, Filth, Blatz, Sweet Children, Isocracy and many more. This album is must-have vinyl for both new and old fans of the early East Bay punk music scene.

FILM DOCUMENTRY
The full-length theatrical cut of the film (2 hours and 37 minutes), five deleted scenes and more. This combo pack is a must-have item for any music documentary enthusiast or fan of East Bay punk.

It explores Northern California’s pivotal role in the evolution of punk rock —the loud, intense and anti-authoritarian philosophy of music and politics that arose in the late 1970s. Early San Francisco Bay Area punk pioneers like the Dead Kennedys, Avengers and Flipper, as well as the Maximum Rocknroll fanzine helped take the punk underground global. The Film features a diverse spectrum of musicians and artists who have all been impacted by or participated in the California San Francisco Bay Area punk music scene of the 1970s, 1980s, and 1990s. The documentary’s cast reflects the deep renowned diversity of the creative community surrounding California’s Bay Area by featuring interviews with past and current members of 924 Gilman, Maximumrocknroll, Dead Kennedys, Avengers, Flipper, Green Day, Rancid, Lookout Records, Neurosis, Operation Ivy, Crimpshrine, Jawbreaker, NOFX, Primus, Metallica, Bikini Kill, AFI, Bad Religion, Guns ’N’ Roses, Fugazi, 7 Seconds, Dicks, Subhumans, and many, many more.

This is going to be one of those rare releases that you don't just want to hear about it, you'll want to own it!

SAVE SOME CASH by clicking below to pre-ordering now at Interpunk (choose to pay NOW with PayPal or credit card now, or just before your order ships using you credit card)
https://www.interpunk.com/item.cfm?Item=246636

At Interpunk, any size music order ships anywhere in the USA for just $3.99, with reduced shipping to the rest of the world.

Thank you for shopping at interpunk.com and for supporting small and independently owned businesses like ours. It keeps the world more unique... more colorful...and less controlled...“

Darn, I was hoping for New Regulations by Downfall since it was featured in the movie and trailer. It's already out there, but I'd like a better-quality version. Oh, well. It's pretty cool as it is though. Definitely getting it.

3 hours ago, Jollyroger118 said:

When is this being released?

June 22nd :) 

9 hours ago, Insomniac186 said:

Darn, I was hoping for New Regulations by Downfall since it was featured in the movie and trailer. It's already out there, but I'd like a better-quality version. Oh, well. It's pretty cool as it is though. Definitely getting it.

I can help with this one! Best quality you'll find is here -- and it's free too! : https://verysmall.bandcamp.com/album/four-two-pudding-compilation-1989-1993

8 minutes ago, Insomniac1984 said:

any chance of a digital release for the ost???

No digital download, iTunes, Spotify, or anything. It was too messy to get all of the rights to release it that way. The movie will be on iTunes eventually though

9 hours ago, Todd said:

No digital download, iTunes, Spotify, or anything. It was too messy to get all of the rights to release it that way. The movie will be on iTunes eventually though

How about a CD so we can upload it to iTunes ourselves?

Green Day and Turn It Around pages on facebook  put on some ads about the release of the doc and it seems we are getting a digital release:

Of course, the would announce it the day after I preordered, canceled the interpunk order.. only to find that 1234 go doesn't ship to canada.. :(

the bundle was cheaper too :(

edit:

nevermind.. Canada has appered on the shipping list..  oddd

17 hours ago, Todd said:

Just curious, will it also stream on Amazon, Netflix, etc? I want this movie to be seen by other people than just GD fans

Hmm, so it appears they aren't selling the blue vinyl at 1234 go... not sure how I feel about the gold.

Edit: Okay, since I like the idea of the blue vinyl better, I ordered it... whoops.
Thank goodness for credit cards.

Double edit: Crap, I may have fucked up... what's the difference between buying it via midheaven and interpunk? They both state a blue colored vinyl.

13 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

How about a CD so we can upload it to iTunes ourselves?

No CD either. Just tape and LP. 

6 hours ago, Paola17 said:

Hmm, so it appears they aren't selling the blue vinyl at 1234 go... not sure how I feel about the gold.

Edit: Okay, since I like the idea of the blue vinyl better, I ordered it... whoops.
Thank goodness for credit cards.

Double edit: Crap, I may have fucked up... what's the difference between buying it via midheaven and interpunk? They both state a blue colored vinyl.

No difference other than price :P I cancelled my interpunk order when I saw how much cheaper everything was on 1-2-3-4’s site. 

59 minutes ago, Todd said:

No CD either. Just tape and LP. 

No difference other than price :P I cancelled my interpunk order when I saw how much cheaper everything was on 1-2-3-4’s site. 

Says digital downloads coming soon

1 hour ago, Todd said:

o difference other than price :P I cancelled my interpunk order when I saw how much cheaper everything was on 1-2-3-4’s site. 

Thank you so much. I assume Interpunk is receiving this from Midheaven... and I did see the 1234 name on the Midheaven sites as well. Do they distribute to 1234 as well?

1 hour ago, WhiteTim said:

I just saw that and came here to correct myself. Looks like they wanted to make it right before it became a bigger problem! That’s great news for everyone. 

41 minutes ago, Paola17 said:

Thank you so much. I assume Interpunk is receiving this from Midheaven... and I did see the 1234 name on the Midheaven sites as well. Do they distribute to 1234 as well?

1-2-3-4 would the be the primary distributor, I’d assume, since it’s on their label? Not sure how any of that works. 

15 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

After some of the other comments from the Turn It Around FB page I think they mean digital downloads of the movie only, not the soundtrack. They were quite specific in saying no cds or downloads of the soundtrack, and when asked if they would change their mind, said ‘Nyet. We prehistoric, yo.’  This amuses me and disappoints me in equal amounts. 

21 minutes ago, proud_ginge said:

After some of the other comments from the Turn It Around FB page I think they mean digital downloads of the movie only, not the soundtrack. They were quite specific in saying no cds or downloads of the soundtrack, and when asked if they would change their mind, said ‘Nyet. We prehistoric, yo.’  This amuses me and disappoints me in equal amounts. 

Not even a CD though? No way I can possibly play these 😢

27 minutes ago, proud_ginge said:

that Nyet meaning not yet doesn't mean no 

At least I have a decent double cassette deck! Shame that I'd probably only buy the cassette for the Sweet Children demo tho.

That is super duper punk rock of them to not put the music out on cd or in mp3 format!

11 minutes ago, Eric said:

That is super duper punk rock of them to not put the music out on cd or in mp3 format!

probably some of the bands involved in this project think this way, yes... and that's why we are not getting a cd or mp3

I think CDs are just not in fashion right now. I haven't bought a new CD in ages. Just like 10 years ago they weren't making new albums on cassettes because they weren't in. You guys have to stay current, vinyl and cassette are both "in" these days. 

56 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

that Nyet meaning not yet doesn't mean no 

That gives me a teeny bit of hope, I read the nyet as the Russian no.

I think maybe they intended them to be heard the way they were when they were first created, on vinyl and cassette. I would love a digital copy as well though. 

Archived