“Sweet Children” Demo Version to Be Released on the Upcoming Turn It Around Soundtrack

Todd

The tracklist has been leaked for the Turn It Around soundtrack. The demo version of “Sweet Children” is being included. This was recorded for an unreleased demo session in early ‘89 at 924 Gilman when the band was still called Sweet Children, and it has never been released or bootlegged before. 

Although there are a few third-party preorders on the web already, the official announcement has yet to be made. I will be waiting for the official pre-order webpage to launch sometime this week. It appears the soundtrack will be released on blue vinyl and a double cassette that comes with a reissue of Aaron Cometbus’ legendary Lest We Forget compilation from 1991. Release date is June 22nd.

Information for the cassette can be found here:

https://midheaven.com/item/turn-it-around-the-story-of-east-bay-punk-lest-we-forget-by-va

Information for the LP here:

https://midheaven.com/item/turn-it-around-the-story-of-east-bay-punk-ost-by-va

Here is the full tracklist:

1. Crimpshrine - Another Day
2. Fang - I Wanna Be On TV
3. Christ On Parade - Thoughts Of War
4. Special Forces - Berkeley Hardcore
5. Corrupted Morals - Be All You Can Be
6. Neurosis - United Sheep
7. Sewer Trout - Wally And Beaver Go To Nicaragua
8. The Lookouts - Mendocino Homeland
9. Isocracy - Hippie Man
10. Soup - Control
11. Sweet Children - Sweet Children (Demo)
12. MTX - At Gilman Street
13. Sweet Baby - She’s From Salinas
14. Kwik Way - Pacifica On Saturday
15. Kamala And The Karnivores - Back To Bodie
16. Jawbreaker - Equalized
17. Crimpshrine - Summertime
18. Operation Ivy - Hedgecore
19. Beatnigs - Television (Radio Edit)
20. Operation Ivy - Unity
21. Filth - The List
22. Blatz - Berkeley Is My Baby
(And I Wanna Kill It)
23. Econochrist - Epidemic
24. Spitboy - Sexism Impressed
25. Yeastie Girlz - Yeast Power
26. Nuisance - Dragonfly
27. Monsula - Firecracker
28. Pinhead Gunpowder - Losers Of The Year
29. Pansy Division - Luv Luv Luv
30. The Potatomen - On The Avenue
31. Jawbreaker - Condition Oakland
32. NOFX - I?m Telling Tim
33. Rancid - Journey To The End of the East Bay
34. Green Day- Welcome To Paradise (Kerplunk)
35. The Armstrongs - If There Was Ever a Time

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That looks like an awesome soundtrack but I’m still waiting to see the movie. When is it coming out on DVD already?

And LP and cassette? I can’t play either of those. How about CD or streaming? Why the hell is this movie so inaccessible in every way? 😭

5 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

That looks like an awesome soundtrack but I’m still waiting to see the movie. When is it coming out on DVD already?

And LP and cassette? I can’t play either of those. How about CD or streaming? Why the hell is this movie so inaccessible in every way? 😭

Dvd/Blu Ray has the same release date! I’m just more excited about the soundtrack :D it will probably be available for stream. I haven’t seen any preorder leaks for a CD though. 

22 minutes ago, Todd said:

Dvd/Blu Ray has the same release date! I’m just more excited about the soundtrack :D it will probably be available for stream. I haven’t seen any preorder leaks for a CD though. 

Cool! Just preordered the DVD. Thanks!

Before anyone else pre-orders from a third party, I just want to emphasize it might be best to wait for the official announcement and pre-orders from the official store! They might have some cool bundles. It will probably be the cheapest way to get these too :) 

9 minutes ago, Todd said:

Before anyone else pre-orders from a third party, I just want to emphasize it might be best to wait for the official announcement and pre-orders from the official store! They might have some cool bundles. It will probably be the cheapest way to get these too :) 

Oh I just did Amazon prime. You can still cancel anytime up until it ships so I’ll be okay. I’m not interested in any bundles but I’m curious to see what they’ll have.

6 hours ago, Todd said:

Such a lie they never told me nothing 

11 hours ago, Todd said:

The tracklist has been leaked for the Turn It Around soundtrack. The demo version of “Sweet Children” is being included. This was recorded for an unreleased demo session in early ‘89 at 924 Gilman when the band was still called Sweet Children, and it has never been released or bootlegged before. 

Although there are a few third-party preorders on the web already, the official announcement has yet to be made. I will be waiting for the official pre-order webpage to launch sometime this week. It appears the soundtrack will be released on blue vinyl and a double cassette that comes with a reissue of Aaron Cometbus’ legendary Lest We Forget compilation from 1991. Release date is June 22nd.

https://midheaven.com/item/turn-it-around-the-story-of-east-bay-punk-lest-we-forget-by-va

9. Isocracy - Hippie Man
10. Soup - Control
21. Filth - The List
(And I Wanna Kill It)
26. Nuisance - Dragonfly

I'm such a freaking brat for wanting more but it kinda sucks that Stay isn't on the soundtrack. I'm so happy though, this is the first time we're getting a new release from when John was in the band since 1990!! :runaround:I really hope the full Sweet Children demo comes out someday!

On 5/28/2018 at 10:27 AM, Todd said:

9. Isocracy - Hippie Man
10. Soup - Control
21. Filth - The List
(And I Wanna Kill It)
26. Nuisance - Dragonfly

Killer track list!  and so many of those bands were mentioned by Billie during their induction into the hall of fame.  I'll have to go check out these bands now!

7 minutes ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

Killer track list!  and so many of those bands were mentioned by Billie during their induction into the hall of fame.  I'll have to go check out these bands now!

Almost every one of those bands is great! Obviously, not sure if our music taste is the same, but if it is, you won't be disappointed! :P lol

Ooo I'm very tempted to get the vinyl. I do like cassettes too, but might as well add another vinyl to my small collection that I still can't play yet because I don't have a record player...

Can't wait til it's officially announced!

Edit: the vinyl isnt as pricey as I thought it'd be... sweet 

4 hours ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

So many? Maybe they were cut from the pro-shot, but I only remember him naming 3 or 4. Crimpshrine, Sewer Trout, and Nasal Sex if I recall properly. 

3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I hope they put it on Spotify.

I’ve been longing for some Monsula on Spotify. That would be great!

2 hours ago, Todd said:

So many? Maybe they were cut from the pro-shot, but I only remember him naming 3 or 4. Crimpshrine, Sewer Trout, and Nasal Sex if I recall properly. 

You can consult my video if you really want to fact-check. I’m too lazy to watch it all again right now. :P 

(Translation: I’m in post-concert mourning mode and I’ll get all weepy and such... :()  

That’s exciting news about the track, by the way. I assume it’ll be available somehow for those of us who use 21st-century technology to listen to music? :lol:  

The version we have already sounds like a demo version :lol:. But this is still cool :P 

3 hours ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

That’s exciting news about the track, by the way. I assume it’ll be available somehow for those of us who use 21st-century technology to listen to music? :lol:  

At the very least, someone (maybe even Todd) will rip it from the vinyl or cassette and post it online for people who use 21st century technology to listen to. :P

3 hours ago, Clean Cut Asshole said:

At the very least, someone (maybe even Todd) will rip it from the vinyl or cassette and post it online for people who use 21st century technology to listen to. :P

I can’t do that! If it’s available for sale, we can’t share it here. 

14 minutes ago, Todd said:

I can’t do that! If it’s available for sale, we can’t share it here. 

You should know me well enough to know that I know that, dude. :P I was thinking uploading it to YouTube or something. That's why I said "post it online" and not "post it here".

3 hours ago, Clean Cut Asshole said:

You should know me well enough to know that I know that, dude. :P I was thinking uploading it to YouTube or something. That's why I said "post it online" and not "post it here".

Ah, gotcha ;) 

It will be an interesting thing to hear. A good tracklist overall, as well. Exciting stuff ^.^*

Honestly, I'd say the track list is pretty good. It's kinda useless to me since I have most of the original releases these songs came from, but this would definitely be a good starting point for someone just getting into this stuff!

Archived