Green Day ranked 193rd out of 214 current Rock and Roll HOF Inductees

BucksCoEric

Just came across this article that ranks every current rock and roll hall of fame inductee and Green Day was ranked 193rd out of 214. *cough cough bullshit cough*

Heres what they said about Green Day

"193. Green Day (2015)

They were inducted by Fall Out Boy, an honor in itself. (My Chemical Romance apparently had a conflict.) These guys were originally fartsy, not artsy, in the post-Nevermind brat-punk explosion. Then they grew up, respecting their elders and devising ever-more ambitious, if slightly boring, opuses. They are so mainstream now they have a hit Broadway show, and I think history is going to forget them."

Somebody has their panties in a knot it appears.

Heres the link to the full article:

http://www.vulture.com/2018/05/rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-artists-ranked-from-best-to-worst.html

Dude, just look at what he wrote about Queen lol, holy jesus...

213. Queen — John Deacon, Brian May, Freddie Mercury, and Roger Taylor (2001)

When popularity is factored in, Queen is the most overrated band in the history of pop music. This preposterous aggregation looked and sounded awful from the beginning, their music a pastiche of pastiches of things no one in the band were inclined to understand, all of it culminating in “We Will Rock You.” Queen haters love to say the song is appropriate for a Nuremburg rally, but you can also sort of see Leni Riefenstahl giving it a listen, cocking her head and saying, “Nein. A little too much.” Their popularity in the U.S. went down quickly after their heyday, but they remained unaccountable super-duper-stars in the U.K. and in time became the rock equivalent to the beloved ugly toy you had when you grew up. (...)

Oh, and he had this to say about Deep Purple: 

202. Deep Purple — Ritchie Blackmore, David Coverdale, Rod Evans, Ian Gillan, Roger Glover, Glenn Hughes, Jon Lord, and Ian Paice (2016)

More ‘70s lumpen rock. Deep Purple had two, maybe two-and-a-half, good songs. Their reputation today rests on just one (“Smoke on the Water”). (Without it, what are they? Uriah Heep?) And the band immediately lost all its interest after the departure of Blackmore. Even among ‘70s warhorses, I don’t quite get why a band like Deep Purple are in before, say, the Doobie Brothers, who, leaving aside their name, had a fierce guitar attack early on and quite a few strong singles before almost accidentally falling up into superstardom as Michael McDonald’s pop instincts came to the fore. (...)

...to which I say::fuckyou:

Elvis shouldn’t be in the top 10 or even 20... I’d put Prince at Elvis’s spot 

"I think history will forget them" lol who pissed in this guy's cornflakes

10 hours ago, Alf said:

Queen is on number 213.. so what this guy know about rock?

Well he's got RUN DMC at #26 which I am a fan of RUN DMC but the reasons he has them listed at 26 is not completely true.  RUN DMC stood on the shoulders of many before them.

Check Berry #1 in front of The Beatles is pretty goofy and where he has Queen just nullifies everything and should have made this single person's ridiculous list on a stupid publication a "Random News" entry.  It's a horrible list.

52 minutes ago, ¡Jenn! said:

I agree with you that history will not forger GD for quite a while for no other reason other than the fact that they have a catalog with hits all over it more than pretty much any band in history.  There are not any bands I can think of off hand that have had 30 years worth of albums that each have charted to some degree or heavily and that not only charted but oft did better than the albums before it.

Not Bowie, not Queen, not The Beatles, not nobody.  To sell that fact short is one of the greatest shames of all time and I don't think Green Day get the credit for the fact that they have indeed done that.  History has a way of forgiving things that people in the present don't like.

Lmao. I was about to say he has Bon Jovi last so I'll give him that at least. But NWA ranked even lower than Green Day at 207 cancels it out.

Lol, funny that he writes "There shouldn’t be a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame." If this is your opinion, there shouldn't be a text about it either. :lol:

18 hours ago, ¡Jenn! said:

I feel like thats a weird thing to say about green day considering the diversity in age you see at green day shows. Just as an example, at the last show i went to in august, the two women to my right were in their 50s, the couple to my left looked to be in their 30s, another two girls down the row looked around my age of 20ish, and the kid who got invited to play on stage was 14. 

Why are you guys giving this clickbate fool, fotter?

On 5/24/2018 at 10:21 PM, Smitty said:

I feel like thats a weird thing to say about green day considering the diversity in age you see at green day shows. Just as an example, at the last show i went to in august, the two women to my right were in their 50s, the couple to my left looked to be in their 30s, another two girls down the row looked around my age of 20ish, and the kid who got invited to play on stage was 14. 

At the most recent Longshot show the ages seemed to range from 9 to 60+. It’s a rare and amazing thing.

I dont understand why anyone would waste their time writing this brainless drivel, let alone read it.

Archived