Green Day artifacts in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

AlissaGoesRAWR

Growing up in northern Ohio, I had surprisingly never visited the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland. As Green Day became closer to their eligibility year, I vowed I wouldn't go until they got in — and luckily for me, it didn't take long! :happy: I can't believe it's been three years already.  

I've visited twice since then and I recently realized that I've never compiled my photos of all the Green Day artifacts I found in one spot on the forum. So I figured this thread could serve as an ongoing record and discussion of anything else Green Day-related that pops up there in the future, since many of the exhibits are updated or changed often.

So if you've ever visited Cleveland (though honestly, why would you? :lol:) and found something I haven't posted here, please reply with your own photos!

Note: If you want to read some of the exhibit descriptions, you can zoom in on the actual-sized photo by clicking it twice.

Regular exhibits:

Rolling Stone collage:

May 2015

pThUYqx.jpg

Signature wall:

May 2015

GStwyz2.jpg

Guitar exhibit:

October 2017

gzFelyQ.jpg

zQZNWfm.jpg

gPbSUtl.jpg

"The Songs that Shaped Rock & Roll" database:

October 2017

TOgVDhz.jpg

hXkJclc.jpg

HCKIp2H.jpg

DIY exhibit:

October 2017

cDjTCnc.jpg

LsFTjW0.jpg

Inductees wall:

October 2017

hmpB7ts.jpg

"50 Years of Rolling Stone" special exhibit:

October 2017

M3c5zTX.jpg

tDZeNy8.jpg

VxRbbEM.jpg

XEHOy0q.jpg

Induction exhibit (May 2015):

0CWJnRS.jpg

JqEGaku.jpg

SDCH49e.jpg

9jiMQ4v.jpg

TLdwBkh.jpg

O5I8urE.jpg

9q5ifr8.jpg

ZnUAnsg.jpg

pJRdzhm.jpg

3W4UZTO.jpg

OamYq8N.jpg

8tXNaTc.jpg

JJjPd9r.jpg

pi97NYs.jpg

RY0gvkN.jpg

MsuvNEB.jpg

Promotional stuff:

Souvenir cup from All Access Cafe (sorry Mike, you weren't included):

October 2017

51s2FzR.jpg

CpjHThd.jpg

Food truck:

October 2017

hgZqURb.jpg

Bookmobile (September 2017):

LbC6ZiU.jpg

avULCW0.jpg

OKBbBlq.jpg

aXoFC2I.jpg

bjN91nd.jpg

9EQ6NRq.jpg

tQ6Mn6k.jpg

HYnkXun.jpg

v0VLwMe.jpg

Great pics. I was just there in April but I think I saw all the things that you did. Oh except they had Tre’s custom drum skins with his cartoon drawings on them and a notebook from the sound engineer at Gilman Street. You can see those pics if you scroll through here (and I bought a cool shirt):

Thanks for posting!

The shoes with the Woodstock outfit tho.:wub:

10 minutes ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

Thanks for posting!

The shoes with the Woodstock outfit tho.:wub:

They’re not displayed anymore. Sucks I really wanted to see how small they were 😂

41 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

They’re not displayed anymore. Sucks I really wanted to see how small they were 😂

How much of a hoarder is someone when they keep muddy shoes for 20+ years? 🤔

Wow I had no idea there's been that much Green Day stuff there, awesome! Billie Joe's homework is the best thing.

1 minute ago, squashie09 said:

But those shoes are iconic!:wub:

1 minute ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

But those shoes are iconic!:wub:

True! 😬

36 minutes ago, squashie09 said:

I actually wondered about that. Did someone stash them away at the time thinking they’d be important one day or were they just dumped with a pile of stuff and found years later.  Considering how they kept the Bookmobile with little regard for posterity I’m guessing the latter. Pretty cool that they survived though along with the outfit.

5 hours ago, SHART said:

@AlissaGoesRAWR thanks for posting.  Do you have any of the promotional cups in your collection.

You’re welcome! 

I only bought that one that I have pictured here — and only because it has Billie Joe and Tre on it. :lol:  

Although it has local food that tastes pretty good, the cafe is extremely overpriced. We weren’t going to buy a drink at all but then Brandon saw the boys were on it and decided we didn’t have a choice. I’m not sure if they’ve made new cups since then but they all looked like that when we were there in October.

Not sure if it’s clear from the photos but the cup is a collage with several artists on it from their induction performances.

1 hour ago, Hermione said:

Wow I had no idea there's been that much Green Day stuff there, awesome! Billie Joe's homework is the best thing.

Agreed! The first time I read the line about making people happy, I teared up a bit. It was so sweet. 

12 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Great pics. I was just there in April but I think I saw all the things that you did. Oh except they had Tre’s custom drum skins with his cartoon drawings on them and a notebook from the sound engineer at Gilman Street. You can see those pics if you scroll through here (and I bought a cool shirt):

I wish I could've seen the drum skins — those are great! I love "friend ships" and "martial law." Too funny.

2 hours ago, disappearingfs said:

Thank you for your marvelous reportage. L-L-Love you.

No problem, it's what I do!:hi:

It's not at the Hall of Fame, but around Cleveland's welcome information boards, there's sometimes pics of the band featured. I know there was one in front of Progressive in February. I think someone on here posted pics before!

21 hours ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

So if you've ever visited Cleveland (though honestly, why would you? :lol:)

LEBRON of course! 

BTW thanks for posting this! This is super cool!

4 minutes ago, The Great Saiyaman said:

LEBRON of course! 

BTW thanks for posting this! This is super cool!

We're going to see him lose tomorrow actually! :lol:  And you're welcome!

Posted some pictures I took last week when I went and visited. 

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 5/18/2018 at 7:44 AM, pacejunkie punk said:

I went yesterday. I bought the same shirt. Billies guitar wasnt there anymore cause the exhibit was taken down but i saw their signatures and their promotional cup

• 3 months later...

In 2007 every band that had played on a main stage at a warped tour had stuff in a warped tour display... I don't know what Green Day had in there specifically and I don't think we took phots of stuff but it was probably something warning related.

Archived