Jump to content
Time to vote in the GDC Awards 2018! Voting closes tomorrow, October 18th so get your votes in now! Read more... ×
TreCoolmemes

Should Green Day Make A New Live Album

Recommended Posts

TreCoolmemes

I love awesome as fuck, as well as Bullet in the Bible. I also went to see Green Day in Sydney During the rev rad tour. I would love to relive it so, should Green Day make a new live DVD?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Christian's Inferno!

I'm 100% sure we've had this conversation before, probably multiple times. But I don't really see the point. Most of the songs would just be live versions of songs we already have live versions of

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alf

A live DVD from the Rough Trade show would be fantastic

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thatsername
2 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I'm 100% sure we've had this conversation before, probably multiple times. But I don't really see the point. Most of the songs would just be live versions of songs we already have live versions of

Honestly, I don’t get the „we already got the same songs live“-argument because it’s just not true. The amazing live performance of Forever Now alone would justify a new live DVD (or pro footage online or whatever), and they played several other RevRad songs. And there are other songs that we didn’t get on AAF or BIAB, for example Letterbomb, which is a shame because it is one of the best and most energetic live songs on their set in my opinion. 

Plus, the energy and love and interaction on stage was unique this tour, you could tell that it was a really special tour for them and the fans. I get that you don’t earn any money with live DVDs anymore, fine, but then they could have allowed the summer festivals to stream their shows, at least parts of it. They are (one of) the greatest live bands out there, they don’t have to hide, I just don’t understand the management strategy behind decisions like that, if there even is such a thing as a strategy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joe.
1 hour ago, Hermione said:

Ahh it's not just about which songs though, every performance is a bit different.

I'd love if they released a DVD of an actual whole GD show instead of with a load cut out. Awesome as Fuck has like half the show (including most of the most entertaining songs) cut plus it cuts around WAY too much so it's annoying to watch. And there were so many better 21st CB shows to choose from too. A well shot full show from this tour, when the band has been so full of joy on stage and on top form, would be great. 

Or they could switch it up and put out one of the smaller shows from the start of the tour, a DVD of a show in a smaller venue would be different. Anything would be good really, it's kind of a crime how little live footage they've released of the last tour in this day and age when it doesn't even have to be on a DVD. I don't get the logic of releasing virtually nothing online or on their fansite etc to promote how good their shows are and keep fans entertained.

It's frustrating how little they've allowed to be online - but do many bands release live DVDs anymore? Now so many festivals put full streams up on YouTube I've not seen many (if any) bands release a live DVD in the last few years.

Itd be cool if they did what Metallica do, which is film the whole show and then put a couple songs up on social media and YouTube for every gig.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thatsername
8 minutes ago, Joe. said:

It's frustrating how little they've allowed to be online - but do many bands release live DVDs anymore? Now so many festivals put full streams up on YouTube I've not seen many (if any) bands release a live DVD in the last few years.

The Rolling Stones released their 2016 Havana Moon performance, The Who played Tommy in its entirety in the Royal Albert Hall last year and released it. Those are awesome concert movies and I wish we would get something like this from Green Day. Doesn’t have to be a DVD, but giving us (almost)  nothing at all is just frustrating. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Christian's Inferno!
44 minutes ago, Thatsername said:

Honestly, I don’t get the „we already got the same songs live“-argument because it’s just not true. The amazing live performance of Forever Now alone would justify a new live DVD (or pro footage online or whatever), and they played several other RevRad songs. And there are other songs that we didn’t get on AAF or BIAB, for example Letterbomb, which is a shame because it is one of the best and most energetic live songs on their set in my opinion. 

Plus, the energy and love and interaction on stage was unique this tour, you could tell that it was a really special tour for them and the fans. I get that you don’t earn any money with live DVDs anymore, fine, but then they could have allowed the summer festivals to stream their shows, at least parts of it. They are (one of) the greatest live bands out there, they don’t have to hide, I just don’t understand the management strategy behind decisions like that, if there even is such a thing as a strategy. 

I mean, I know there's plenty of performances of the RevRad songs but really, how much of the live album will consist of RR songs? Probably 4 or 5 tracks. The rest will most likely be performances of songs we already have live versions of on BIAB and AAF. Besides, there's plenty of live performances of old and new songs available on YouTube.

I'm not against a live album, I just wouldn't see the point in it tbh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kaylubd

Yes - to get live recordings of the RevRad songs. But I think it should be from one of the club tours since they pulled out some older songs on that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
disappearing_boy_39

Their stage show hasn't changed much since AAF so it would be a bit redundant. If they make a live album/DVD featuring songs that are different than the ones on the other DVDs, I'd be in!

I rather see a compilation featuring rare footage of different songs over the years. Or studio footage of them working on RevRad (similar to ¡Cuatro! or HLAHG).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eva
27 minutes ago, disappearing_boy_39 said:

Their stage show hasn't changed much since AAF so it would be a bit redundant. If they make a live album/DVD featuring songs that are different than the ones on the other DVDs, I'd be in!

I rather see a compilation featuring rare footage of different songs over the years. Or studio footage of them working on RevRad (similar to ¡Cuatro! or HLAHG).

I don’t know. I saw them in DC last March and the show for RevRad had a whole different vibe than when I saw them in 2009 during the 21CB tour. I think it’d still be worth it personally.

I mean, for all you nerds that buy live DVDs of them. :P 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eric

No.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Christian's Inferno!
6 minutes ago, Eric said:

No.

Thanks for your insightful post. It's very much appreciated :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
o_O

i'd also like if it's at least 3/4 RevRad/Trilogy and the other 1/4 being unplayed songs they're finally getting to perform. i'd like a live album of insomniac (as that's my favorite album) but i doubt that will happen anytime soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Too Dumb to Die(s)

If only to hold us over til ALBUM 13, sure.   

You know what a cool bonus would be?  A new song, sure.  But on the live dvd that surely comes with it, the band films a clip of them performing the song in the studio and then possibly some teasers of other new or unreleased songs.  

How long is The Longshot Tour going on?  I think that once that is totally over and done with, GDA will get quiet for a while as Green Day sneak into the studio and get to work doing what they do best. 

They'll take their time in the studio - not a year, but anywhere from 4-11 months - before dropping the greatest album the world has ever heard!  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nick.

I would love an intimate live set similar to when VEVO did Live in London: Fall Out Boy when they returned from hiatus. If you haven’t seen it check it out. It was well shot, and better than any concernt filming I’ve seen in a while. It would be awesome to see this done with Green Day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nightlife

I've said it before but I'll keep repeating it until it happens. They NEED to release a proper live dvd without the bullshit filters in both audio and video. I want something clean that just shows what an incredible show they put on. No need for filters of any kind! With lots of backstage footage. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eric
1 hour ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Thanks for your insightful post. It's very much appreciated :thumbsup:

Thanks for always being there for everything I post... must have a wonderful life to have your phone alert you everytime I post on GDC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alan86
1 hour ago, Eric said:

No.

This 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eric
25 minutes ago, Alan86 said:

This 

Alan gets it. We get this topic soooooooooooooo much. Why should I put much effort than a big fucking N-O!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hermione
11 minutes ago, Eric said:

Alan gets it. We get this topic soooooooooooooo much. Why should I put much effort than a big fucking N-O!

No you don't want one or no it wouldn't be a wise decision for the band?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eric
8 minutes ago, Hermione said:

No you don't want one or no it wouldn't be a wise decision for the band?

No, I do not think they should release one. Whats the point if we would basically get a bunch of the same live songs again and again? If people really want the footage of the most recent tour on an outdated DVD, there is so much fan recorded material on YouTube. The quality is pretty good for something I am sure most will only return too a very limited amount of times. Just a waste of money for Green Day imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
disappearingfs

I sold Awesome as F**k months ago. I couldn't stand those edited recordings. Bullet in a Bible and their old live EPs are marvelous. That said: NO. They should reflect on how they want Green Day to sound :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eva
1 hour ago, disappearingfs said:

I sold Awesome as F**k months ago. I couldn't stand those edited recordings. Bullet in a Bible and their old live EPs are marvelous. That said: NO. They should reflect on how they want Green Day to sound :-)

they’re like 40 I’m sure they can think about the future of their music in a hypothetical sense and have their management put out a video of a concert at the same time 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
disappearingfs
1 hour ago, Eva said:

they’re like 40 I’m sure they can think about the future of their music in a hypothetical sense and have their management put out a video of a concert at the same time 

They're almost 50 but... yes, their ''crew'' could put out every concert ever, it's just that I don't feel the need for it, after another greatest hits... I don't know, but of course I understand and respect who wants it :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×