Does Billie Joe go on GDA?

Otis Big

1 hour ago, LaughingClock said:

I wasn’t trying to make a point for you.

Ok

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The BillnTed is Billie thing didn't make sense to me then and doesn't make sense to me now

I mean, it would be very easy for Billie to create an account on here and post some shit to confuse us so this very well may be something he has done

Though it'd also be very easy for anybody to create an account and pretend to be Billie confusing peolple

3 minutes ago, Hermione said:

The BillnTed is Billie thing didn't make sense to me then and doesn't make sense to me now

It Totally does. Who else would join in 2013, never post once and then suddenly drop a video and disappear?

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It Totally does. Who else would join in 2013, never post once and then suddenly drop a video and disappear?

Only Billie Joe Armstrong of course. ;)

Seriously you guys are looking way too much into this. 

The real is he has not a lot of extra time in his life to be posting on fan forums for his band but he, and everyone does occasionally look at what is being said around here.

Some for straight amusement and maybe a drop of “market research”. They love their fans more than any group I’ve ever had an association with and so why wouldn’t they.

THEY DO, occasionally and of course they do. How this is even a question or discussion is like talking about if your car has air conditioning or not. 

Maybe the worst analogy ever bur you get the point.

1 minute ago, Hermione said:

Still don't get it :lol:. Very flimsy evidence

Agreed.

I mean I don't think it matters, it's just funny to me that it took off/is a thing :lol: 

No idea if Billie reads this forum but if he does I hope he can tell how much we love him and Green Day.

Just like anyone we have opinions and preferences, we like this song more than that song, we like this song on the setlist etc...but we're all here (well at least most of us), because we enjoy their music :wub: !

1 hour ago, Hermione said:

I mean I don't think it matters, it's just funny to me that it took off/is a thing :lol: 

I think it's just much more fun to say Bill'nTed is Billie Joe than say it's a random intern at Warner who was asked to "leak" the video. :lol: The conspiracy theory is a lot more enjoyable explanation than being rational when we'll probably never get the answer. 

If any of the band does come on here and read comments, I would just throw out there maybe they could do an all Bsides/never played before show. There are plenty of excellent B sides to choose from as well as songs that have never seen the light of day in a concert format. More than enough to round out a setlist.

10 minutes ago, god61 said:

If any of the band does come on here and read comments, I would just throw out there maybe they could do an all Bsides/never played before show. There are plenty of excellent B sides to choose from as well as songs that have never seen the light of day in a concert format. More than enough to round out a setlist.

Though it may be wishful thinking, I like your style

@brillie and @BillnTed are both actually Billie. Sorted! 

(evidence is overrated) 

Now, how many of the other accounts are actually Billie? Maybe @Fuzz too :lol:

1 hour ago, Goofygoldfish said:

@brillie and @BillnTed are both actually Billie. Sorted! 

(evidence is overrated) 

Now, how many of the other accounts are actually Billie? Maybe @Fuzz too :lol:

I wouldn't be surprised if he's been on here only a handful of times but has multiple accounts due to forgetting (or not bothering to look up) his log in info :lol:.

47 minutes ago, gaslight13 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he's been on here only a handful of times but has multiple accounts due to forgetting (or not bothering to look up) his log in info :lol:.

Haha same, oh Billie if its you do drop some hints ;) 

On 5/12/2018 at 11:56 AM, Hermione said:

Although I could be wrong I always thought it sounded like they were talking about their official site (Idiot Club/the Idiot Club forum) there, if for no other reason than it seems more likely that's the one they'd know about/find/think of/go to first, especially as far back as 2004. Also it depends on how into looking up stuff about themselves they are. They might've visited here occasionally for a laugh but they don't necessarily have any interest in doing it regularly.

Billie was referring to the old GreenDay.com board, which was the Idiot Club's predecessor and also one of the most hostile message boards I've ever seen. I still remember when Billie Joe first mentioned the term "rock opera" before a note of the album had been heard, and the anger on that board was unbelievable. Other than the obvious reasons, one of the attractive things about charging for the Idiot Club was that it helped weed out a lot of the trolls who refused to pay. But I have to thank the toxicity of the old board for giving me a gig with the fan club for the past 13 years (holy shit).

As for the band's involvement on message boards, I wish I had archived the insane shit they were posting on the short-lived board for The Network. What a fun time.

9 minutes ago, LiveGreenDay said:

As for the band's involvement on message boards, I wish I had archived the insane shit they were posting on the short-lived board for The Network. What a fun time.

I feel like I missed out on a lot coming late to this fandom 😢

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I feel like I missed out on a lot coming late to this fandom 😢

Same! Only been a a big fan for 4 or so years. Before that, I enjoyed their music that I could hear on the radio but not more than that.

But then again, better late than never!

9 hours ago, Hermione said:

Like you and the websmasters don't know- you could probably tell us that he logged in for 2 minutes 45 seconds on Tuesday while having his coffee. If Zuckerberg knows how many times I brushed my teeth last week I'd expect you to at least know when Billie logs into this thing ;)

Totally kidding of course- you're the good guys on the internet. But this guy VPutin that keeps posting is starting to worry me- he might be a Russian troll. Look into it.

20 hours ago, LaughingClock said:

Only Billie Joe Armstrong of course. ;)

Seriously you guys are looking way too much into this. 

The real is he has not a lot of extra time in his life to be posting on fan forums for his band but he, and everyone does occasionally look at what is being said around here.

Some for straight amusement and maybe a drop of “market research”. They love their fans more than any group I’ve ever had an association with and so why wouldn’t they.

THEY DO, occasionally and of course they do. How this is even a question or discussion is like talking about if your car has air conditioning or not. 

Maybe the worst analogy ever bur you get the point.

Agreed.

But what's your explanation for the Troubled Times video then? Have you watched it? Maybe it wasn't him who posted it, but he must have something to do with it. It's almost impossible to fake footage like that.

He takes the time to create several Instagram accounts, including closed ones where he only accepts some fans. He takes the time to read (or at least scan) hundreds of fan comments and reply to many of them. Yeah, he is a busy man, and maybe it's unlikely, but not impossible that he took the time to log in here and post a video.

The cool thing is, it will remain a mystery forever :P But I'm a believer.

i-want-to-believe_a-G-8756872-0.jpg

40 minutes ago, Thatsername said:

But what's your explanation for the Troubled Times video then? Have you watched it? Maybe it wasn't him who posted it, but he must have something to do with it. It's almost impossible to fake footage like that.

He takes the time to create several Instagram accounts, including closed ones where he only accepts some fans. He takes the time to read (or at least scan) hundreds of fan comments and reply to many of them. Yeah, he is a busy man, and maybe it's unlikely, but not impossible that he took the time to log in here and post a video.

The cool thing is, it will remain a mystery forever :P But I'm a believer.

I’m not sure you read what I wrote correctly. I said of course he/they read the boards on occasion.

29 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

I’m not sure you read what I wrote correctly. I said of course he/they read the boards on occasion.

Yeah I got that, but I'm saying that there's probably more than just reading :P

On 13/05/2018 at 1:57 PM, herewegoagain said:

lmao did you even read the TT video thread? good times :lol: :sherlock: 

Yeah I read it... makes no real evidence to me that it's Billie. But @BillnTed's profile is so intriguing (especially the joining in March 2013...) that it's scary funny to imagine that it might be him. I meant funny scary. Oh well. :lol:

3 hours ago, Thatsername said:

Yeah I got that, but I'm saying that there's probably more than just reading :P

What like masturbation? Lol

By the way, I truly believe you are the number one Green Day fan in the universe.

On 5/13/2018 at 11:55 AM, Hermione said:

This whole dumb forum doesn't make sense, yet here we are.

18 hours ago, LaughingClock said:

What like masturbation? Lol

Oh God. Now I can never go back to the fangirls thread without thinking about this. :lol:

Archived