Does Billie Joe go on GDA?

Otis Big

It would take a strong backbone and a thick skin to not be influenced by anything you read on here but I think he could do it (be on here out in the open that is). Other GD members and crew have been on here from time to time I think it would be cool if it weren’t such a worst kept secret.

That was the cool thing about The Fuselage, the official Lost message board. The creators, writers and cast nearly all came on there fairly regularly to post and answer fan questions. You really felt like you were all part of one family and important to the show. Green Day has a similar community feel it would be great to have something like that here. Over there, they had a VIP forum where the cast and creators would post with each person given their own thread. They pretty much stayed there.

Maybe @Fuzz can propose such a scheme to the powers that be? 😉

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, SHART said:

Nah but just in case

NOKFADONTHESETLIST

10 minutes ago, Eric said:

Nah but just in case

KEEPKFADONTHESETLIST

ADDDIRTYROTTENBASTARDSANDLAZYBONESTOSETLIST

It's funny because the likelihood of Billie knowing what the hell KFAD hidden between other words refers to would be zero :P 

9 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It would take a strong backbone and a thick skin to not be influenced by anything you read on here but I think he could do it (be on here out in the open that is). Other GD members and crew have been on here from time to time I think it would be cool if it weren’t such a worst kept secret.

That was the cool thing about The Fuselage, the official Lost message board. The creators, writers and cast nearly all came on there fairly regularly to post and answer fan questions. You really felt like you were all part of one family and important to the show. Green Day has a similar community feel it would be great to have something like that here. Over there, they had a VIP forum where the cast and creators would post with each person given their own thread. They pretty much stayed there.

Maybe @Fuzz can propose such a scheme to the powers that be? 😉

Trouble is they have an official fanclub with a forum that people pay for. And they do literally nothing even for that (or they haven't since their Jeff Matika show interviews almost 5 years ago anyway) so the prospects don't look good :P. I guess these days they already interact with fans more than ever before through Instagram so that's pretty much their interacting with fans on the internet covered.

Of course Billie comes on here. How else does he know what his favorite fan wants. 

1 hour ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

Would it make a difference in the things you post?  Would you be less honest, or at least less critical if he were on here everyday, responding to things we talk about?  

It could make a difference to the fan girl thread, I for one would have pretty hot cheeks!  

Siurely everyone on here loves their music or have I stumbled on a masochists club and I’ve not noticed 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Hermione said:

Although I could be wrong I always thought it sounded like they were talking about their official site (Idiot Club/the Idiot Club forum) there, if for no other reason than it seems more likely that's the one they'd know about/find/think of/go to first, especially as far back as 2004. Also it depends on how into looking up stuff about themselves they are. They might've visited here occasionally for a laugh but they don't necessarily have any interest in doing it regularly.

They obviously know of GDA/GDC as it's a big fan site that their management has been in contact with, and they've met a few of the GDA team, and Tre's mentioned looking at his GDA info page before and there's the tweet above from Billie after meeting Andres etc. But as far as GDC goes other than Bill Schneider visiting to post info at times and Mike's screenshot there isn't really any evidence of Billie or Tre visiting the forum at all or of any of them visiting regularly as far as I know.

They most definitely don’t check it regularly and my point was that they do take a gander at the forums.

This one and others, including reddit.

That’s the point.

No, he/they don’t do it religiously like us morons.

8 hours ago, Alan86 said:

think this is the one people thought was taken from GDC

Pretty sure I did that.

I made that pic in like 3 mins on here when Dos came out. Literally spent 5 mins on it from a prior pic. I had no idea he posted it. Ha.

I could be wrong but can someone that knows how, it would have been under my “crock6000” moniker unless it changes retroactively but I’m 90% sure I made that in a rush as a joke.

If you don't hear from me in the next 20 years it means I'm still looking for that photo of Mike looking at gdc 

1 hour ago, Hermione said:

Trouble is they have an official fanclub with a forum that people pay for.

There seems to be an issue with Idiot Nation nowadays though.  It's said this since at least December when I tried, but couldn't, renew my membership- "Thank you for stopping by to check out Idiot Nation, the Official Green Day Fan Club! The site is currently being worked on and we won’t be accepting new members during this time. If you would like us to reach out to you with updates regarding the status of the site, please leave us your information below.If you are already a member of Idiot Nation you still may log in and enter the site as you normally would. Thanks!"

And there's way more activity here than on that forum.  I remember when the Troubled Times video was posted here, people were joking about them switching their fan club from IN to GDC.

From the image above that Mike posted on one of my quick C4D things that I used to do on here occasionally. I am looking at it on what computer I think it would be on but I could only find a few of them.  I have like 7 computers.

34i4qau.jpg

This was the only ones I could find.  See how I put GDC in the comp.  Was doing something similar. I'll find it.

12 minutes ago, Montclare said:

There seems to be an issue with Idiot Nation nowadays though.  It's said this since at least December when I tried, but couldn't, renew my membership- "Thank you for stopping by to check out Idiot Nation, the Official Green Day Fan Club! The site is currently being worked on and we won’t be accepting new members during this time. If you would like us to reach out to you with updates regarding the status of the site, please leave us your information below.If you are already a member of Idiot Nation you still may log in and enter the site as you normally would. Thanks!"

And there's way more activity here than on that forum.  I remember when the Troubled Times video was posted here, people were joking about them switching their fan club from IN to GDC.

Oh really? Probably about time since they haven't done anything for ages. I wonder if they'll launch a "new site" again (like when they changed from Idiot Club to Idiot Nation) to get people signing up (and do stuff at first but then stop again once they've made some ££ :P)

Definitely more activity here now haha. I don't know about in the past though, don't even know if the official GD forum was fanclub only or not in 2004.

10 hours ago, LaughingClock said:

I am amazed anyone thinks all of them don’t.  First of all, yes, for sure they do and even on the Heart like a hang grenade they speak directly about it jokingly:

37:04 “I’m ready to take that message board down!

10 hours ago, Hermione said:

Although I could be wrong I always thought it sounded like they were talking about their official site (Idiot Club/the Idiot Club forum) there, if for no other reason than it seems more likely that's the one they'd know about/find/think of/go to first, especially as far back as 2004. Also it depends on how into looking up stuff about themselves they are. They might've visited here occasionally for a laugh but they don't necessarily have any interest in doing it regularly.

Yeah, the HLAG comment was almost definitely directed at the official site. GDC didn't exist yet. GDA has a small forum, but I'm fairly confident they didn't know about it considering it wasn't even the biggest Green Day message board at the time.

10 hours ago, Hermione said:

They obviously know of GDA/GDC as it's a big fan site that their management has been in contact with, and they've met a few of the GDA team, and Tre's mentioned looking at his GDA info page before and there's the tweet above from Billie after meeting Andres etc. But as far as GDC goes other than Bill Schneider visiting to post info at times and Mike's screenshot there isn't really any evidence of Billie or Tre visiting the forum at all or of any of them visiting regularly as far as I know.

The fun thing about that tweet was that he sent it before they met me. We were sitting upstairs waiting for a Foxboro show when it went out. I had met Bill and Chris Dugan though.

They know about the sites, not sure they read the forums. I know they read GDA, or used to, because when we met Tre the first thing he said was "you guys got my equipment page all fucked up" or something along those lines. Which was both embarrassing and still fucking cool.

9 hours ago, jengd said:

It could make a difference to the fan girl thread, I for one would have pretty hot cheeks!  

Siurely everyone on here loves their music or have I stumbled on a masochists club and I’ve not noticed 😂😂😂

I hardly ever go over the fan girl thread.  Maybe I should.  I did just have an imaginary conversation with Billie where I asked him to guess my favorite album and he immediately kind of rolls his eyes and guesses "American Idiot" correctly.  We have a good laugh, and he's only mildly annoyed.  

The Trilogy gets a lot of hate on here....most of the other releases are pretty well liked on here.  Revolution Radio gets the second most, and the other albums may get a jab here and there.   

This threads got me thinking about if Green Day had a contest where a fan could spend time in the studio with them, that would be AMAZING.   Maybe do some backing vocals on a song or something!!!!!!!!!!!!       But to be there for the moment when they create a new sound or discover a song......EPIC.  

Anyway.  

Didn't we have an Album 13 thread?   That's what I want to talk about.  

2 hours ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

I did just have an imaginary conversation with Billie where I asked him to guess my favorite album and he immediately kind of rolls his eyes and guesses "American Idiot" correctly.  We have a good laugh, and he's only mildly annoyed.

Lol! What? :lol:

I highly doubt that Billie ever comes here. I'm sure all of them are always extremely busy and when they do have free time they will spend it elsewhere such as on Instagram or Twitter and interact with fans through those platforms. It would be really cool if he did, though. :thumbsup: 

4 hours ago, Fuzz said:

The fun thing about that tweet was that he sent it before they met me. We were sitting upstairs waiting for a Foxboro show when it went out. I had met Bill and Chris Dugan though.

Oh I had no idea, that's great haha. The other great thing is that photo of a load of the GDA team with Billie, all saying "fuck you Andres" (or "fuck Andres" can't remember which) because you weren't there :lol: 

11 minutes ago, brillie said:

sometimes I give myself the creeps

You give me the creeps too :blink:

5 hours ago, Fuzz said:

Yeah, the HLAG comment was almost definitely directed at the official site. GDC didn't exist yet. GDA has a small forum, but I'm fairly confident they didn't know about it considering it wasn't even the biggest Green Day message board at the time.

They know about the sites, not sure they read the forums. I know they read GDA, or used to, because when we met Tre the first thing he said was "you guys got my equipment page all fucked up" or something along those lines. Which was both embarrassing and still fucking cool.

They do scan the forums on occasion. Who wouldn’t? My point on the HLAHG reference was to show they do, not which one. 

Besides, that 2012 image I put up on GDC that was on Mikes IG, I made as a joke here and had no idea until today that he posted it on his IG and this was the only place it existed.

14 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

They do scan the forums on occasion. Who wouldn’t? My point on the HLAHG reference was to show they do, not which one. 

Besides, that 2012 image I put up on GDC that was on Mikes IG, I made as a joke here and had no idea until today that he posted it on his IG and this was the only place it existed.

There is also the possibility that someone else who was active on this forum at the time saw your picture, took a screenshot of it an posted it on Instagram, then Mike saw it on Instagram and reposted it himself. I like to think he was on here though and took that screenshot himself.

36 minutes ago, Alan86 said:

There is also the possibility that someone else who was active on this forum at the time saw your picture, took a screenshot of it an posted it on Instagram, then Mike saw it on Instagram and reposted it himself. I like to think he was on here though and took that screenshot himself.

Ok, I’ll be clear. On occasion, they look at the forums, especially this one. Definitely. Without a doubt.

11 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

Ok, I’ll be clear. On occasion, they look at the forums, especially this one. Definitely. Without a doubt.

That wasn't my point but ok

Billie after reading GDC:

a15851244caba585e08a320cddc748e3.jpg

Actually, that would be the best reaction he may have had after reading it. :lol: And I'm sure he has read it, even just a bit, or at a low frequency... anyways that's very brave of him.

I don't get precisely why some of you are convinced @BillnTed is Billie, but I just checked his profile, he has only posted twice, after joining in March 2013... seems relevant :D

Spoiler

:runaround::runaround::runaround:

4 hours ago, brillie said:

sometimes I give myself the creeps

Billie?

Nah... someone pretending to be Billie

Spoiler

Or is it?

16 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Billie?

Nah... someone pretending to be Billie

Reveal hidden contents

Or is it?

the world may never know:lol:

Billie reading the fangirls thread:

tumblr_ouzkj79_Pr_A1u0sr9fo2_250.gif

43 minutes ago, Kuromignonne said:

I don't get precisely why some of you are convinced @BillnTed is Billie

lmao did you even read the TT video thread? good times :lol: :sherlock: 

4 hours ago, Alan86 said:

That wasn't my point but ok

I wasn’t trying to make a point for you.

2 hours ago, Kuromignonne said:

I don't get precisely why some of you are convinced @BillnTed is Billie, but I just checked his profile, he has only posted twice, after joining in March 2013... seems relevant :D

Reveal hidden contents

:runaround::runaround::runaround:

You must go check the topic he created and read it all. Billie released the Trouble Times video he made just like a subversive piece of art. Bill & Ted is his favorite movie and JayJameson is Spiderman's boss (Billie loves Spiderman).

Archived