The Longshot Has Postponed Their West Coast Tour

Squashie

On instastory one of their tour crew mentioned in his post that taking time at home til they head to the New York on the 20th  So at least the rest of the tour is still on.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Todd said:

lots of knowledge

damn, how do you know all of this? :lol:

Have they ever played in unsafe conditions? I know they fled form their Boston show in 94 when the cops showed up, but not sure on anything else.

(Not counting Woodstock)

6 hours ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

Have they ever played in unsafe conditions? I know they fled form their Boston show in 94 when the cops showed up, but not sure on anything else.

(Not counting Woodstock)

1992/12/29 - Mayfair Theater, Ventura, California

Metalhit: "Ventura had a venue which was great had a half pipe inside but eventually the beach nazis had to kill it, there was a wild shooting at a Green Day gig of all things."

Ventura County Reporter: "There were lots of shows at the Mayfair. The shows were well-attended, but times were different. There were lots of gangs/skinheads making some shows kind of scary. All the bands that were going to be huge in a few more years played at the Mayfair: NOFX, Pennywise, The Offspring all had shows there. There was the infamous Green Day riot when a gang got kicked out of the show, came back, busted through the back door and started hitting people with pipes, ending the show before Green Day played."

The Sound Alarm: "Another one of our most memorable back stage moment was when we supported Green Day on Christmas Eve and the bill was stacked with names like Strung Out, Jughead's Revenge & yours truly [Citizen Down]. Throughout the night fights were breaking out. We could hear them from backstage, and you can just smell the tension in the air. We finally hit the stage and by the 3rd song a brawl broke out and we stopped so they could gather themselves. So we start playing again and the crowd starts getting into our music, then I look to my left and only see guys with pipes and crowbars! So I turn for one second to signal the band and to my surprise when I looked back they were beating people with these pipes! Shortly after that, we heard gunshots outside and then sirens. Needless to say, the show was over. Green Day and Jughead's Revenge were bummed they didn't get to play, thanks to 'The Rumble on Christmas Eve.'"

14 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Can we all just appreciate for a minute how amazing Billie is that he actually went to the venue to tell the fans in person? He didn’t have to do that but it tells you the kind of person he is that he did. ❤️

Class move all the way- look, I can't pretend to know the man even though sometimes it feels like I do since I've been a huge fan for well over half my life. But especially during recent years I've noticed he's demonstrated a pattern of tremendous respect and admiration for the fans. And it goes beyond him- his family is great and the tour people around Green Day are also fantastic people (super welcoming and genuine). And as much as some people like to give Matika a hard time, I know he's an A+ person too, as I mentioned during a heartwarming story about him during the tour last year (when he made sure a disabled fan had the night of his life).

I don't know them, but what I've experienced firsthand and seen secondhand has all led me to believe that Billie and everyone he associated with are positive people.

Music aside, which is the first reason I'm a fan and why I'm here, I'm so happy they make it easy to like them so much. I feel like I really connect with guys like Billie because they embody the beliefs important to me.

They say you should never meet your heroes, but I think Billie and the rest of the gang are an exception.

9 hours ago, Todd said:

I'm gonna stop there... but that 5 shows thing is bullshit :lol: 

...Would you mind doing more? This is oddly super interesting lol

7 hours ago, tdlyon said:

...Would you mind doing more? This is oddly super interesting lol

Sure :P

They cancelled TWENTY ONE dates in Europe 96 due to exhaustion. 

1998/06/21 KWOD’s Really Big Show, Arco Arena, Sacramento, California - Cancelled due to Mike getting attacked by the Third Eye Blind guy the previous night

(A LOT of these cancelled shows have been due to Mike’s injuries lol)

1998/07/03 Civic Memorial Auditorium, Fargo, North Dakota - Cancelled due to Tre’s foot infection

1999/02/09-1999/02/22 Green Day dropped out of 5 shows where they were supposed to be opening for the Rolling Stones so they could work on Warning instead

And that’s about where my research is stopped at. I only have the first 1,068 shows cataloged so far :lol:  

Thanks @Todd 

I seem to recall one other from the early nineties in Europe where Billie tripped over a roadie onstage and sprained an ankle or tore some ligaments or something and I think they cancelled a show for that?

"Only the first 1,068 shows..." that must be one helluva spreadsheet you've got going, @Todd

Saw this post and seems that the rest of the tour is called off. and will play un-played dates in June. maybe this guy has more inside knowledge?

Maybe he just means the west coast dates  but isn’t being specific. They haven’t said anything about the rest of the tour. Which crew guy said they were picking up again in NY on the 20th?

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Maybe he just means the west coast dates  but isn’t being specific. They haven’t said anything about the rest of the tour. Which crew guy said they were picking up again in NY on the 20th?

Josh Berl https://www.instagram.com/joshberl/ (it's in his stories which deletes in a couple hours).

I asked him he responded saying it’s only the west coast dates:

Otisserie:

“Just the west coast. All other dates remain.”

I don’t understand why media and people from the tour can’t be more careful with their wording. And I’m not even going to a show because I live in the Midwest. But articles are saying “Longshot tour cancelled”, which isn’t even close to being accurate. And why do people close to the band use the phrase “remaining dates” instead of west coast dates? Just a pet peeve of mine when changing the wording could mean the difference between giving accurate and inaccurate information. 

1 minute ago, neverdone2000 said:

I don’t understand why media and people from the tour can’t be more careful with their wording. And I’m not even going to a show because I live in the Midwest. But articles are saying “Longshot tour cancelled”, which isn’t even close to being accurate. And why do people close to the band use the phrase “remaining dates” instead of west coast dates? Just a pet peeve of mine when changing the wording could mean the difference between giving accurate and inaccurate information. 

Same. They even contradict themselves in the articles. Headline says "cancelled" article body says "postponed". If I had tickets to one of these shows, I'd be so confused.

1 hour ago, squashie09 said:

"Only the first 1,068 shows..." that must be one helluva spreadsheet you've got going, @Todd

How'd you know?

image.png

9 minutes ago, Todd said:

How'd you know?

Are you willing to share your work for us? :shifty: 

1 minute ago, Smoldering Panda said:

Are you willing to share your work for us? :shifty: 

Nope. Not until I finish it in 10 years :lol: 

54 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

Yeah, at least he responded promptly to clear things up but they have to know how freaked people are right now, especially those of us with hotels and flights.

To be fair I'm sure if any other dates were postponed the band would mention it asap. Probably best to just rely on the band as the info source on this to avoid extra stress.

7 hours ago, Todd said:

Sure :P

They cancelled TWENTY ONE dates in Europe 96 due to exhaustion. 

1998/06/21 KWOD’s Really Big Show, Arco Arena, Sacramento, California - Cancelled due to Mike getting attacked by the Third Eye Blind guy the previous night

(A LOT of these cancelled shows have been due to Mike’s injuries lol)

1998/07/03 Civic Memorial Auditorium, Fargo, North Dakota - Cancelled due to Tre’s foot infection

1999/02/09-1999/02/22 Green Day dropped out of 5 shows where they were supposed to be opening for the Rolling Stones so they could work on Warning instead

And that’s about where my research is stopped at. I only have the first 1,068 shows cataloged so far :lol:  

Well no band wants to open for The Stones.  I've heard soooo many bands talk about how terrible that gig is.  An overwhelming percentage of the crowd only want to hear Rolling Stones and will absolutely hate whoever is opening for them.   Opening for them doesn't get your band attention, it only pisses off the hordes of angry old people who want 4 hours of Oldies.  Haha.

Go work on Warning, by all means!

15 hours ago, desertrose said:

Woo!
Hope this means everything seems to be looking up.

9 hours ago, LaughingClock said:

Srwy

Que?

Archived