Green Day fans launch campaign to get 'American Idiot' to No.1 for Donald Trump’s UK visit

pacejunkie punk

Question- how can you track how much AI is being streamed on Spotify? 

England won- I think its fair to say that 3 lions will be number 1, but I'll still be happy to see AI in the charts. 

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Due to the promotion from this campaign, BOBD and WMUWSE have both re-entered the UK top 40 alternative on iTunes.

It's already slipping back down the iTunes chart. It's at #12 now (down from #8 when I checked this morning), and the other version is at #21 (down from #16).:(

It’s at #18 as of today’s chart update.

As expected, Three Lions is currently comfortably at #1 (much to the frustration of Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) 😂

Come on guys, lets get it into the top 10! 

It's really too bad the campaign didn't join up with the Trump baby balloon people.  I'm seeing that story everywhere.

I never thought I would see the day when American idiot and three lions were both near the top of the charts at the same time 😂😂

Kerrang!, The Dail Mail and many other outlets are covering this, so hopefully it’ll pick up momentum as we near the end of the week.  It may be 18th, but it’s supposedly only 4000 downloads from the top ten.

The fact that it's trending on Twitter made me smile big time.

With the AI campaign doing better than I expected, and how well we're doing in the World Cup (even though I don't like football), for the first time in forever, I'm actually starting to feel so fucking proud of my country. :wub:

My grandma mentioned it. That also is a indication for a bump. 

With Trump’s latest comment about the UK being in turmoil and it being easier to co operate with Russia than us, American Idiot has jumped up to #5 on iTunes 😂

Looks like Trump has unintentionally promoted the campaign.  It’s now #1 on Amazon, #1 on Google Play and has climbed up to #3 on iTunes.

3 minutes ago, tomdsjames said:

Looks like Trump has unintentionally promoted the campaign.  It’s now #1 on Amazon, #1 on Google Play and has climbed up to #3 on iTunes.

This is awesome. Looks like now that the major media has picked up the story it’s been timed perfectly. 

Being Liberal (1.6 million followers) had the Huffington Post's article on it on their Facebook page today.  I've also seen it in Consequence of Sound, NME, Billboard, Newsweek, etc.  Glad to see that word's picked up on it!

7 hours ago, Second favourite son said:

Kerrang!, The Dail Mail and many other outlets are covering this, so hopefully it’ll pick up momentum as we near the end of the week.  It may be 18th, but it’s supposedly only 4000 downloads from the top ten.

HAHAHAHA oh god, the comments here are so wonderfully daily mail :lol: 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5936603/amp/Green-Days-American-Idiot-climbs-UK-charts-result-campaign-Trumps-visit.html

19 minutes ago, Montclare said:

Being Liberal (1.6 million followers) had the Huffington Post's article on it on their Facebook page today.  I've also seen it in Consequence of Sound, NME, Billboard, Newsweek, etc.  Glad to see that word's picked up on it!

CNN picked it up too 

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/10/entertainment/green-day-song-trump-visit-trnd/index.html

The more people bitch about it the more publicity it gets - win win :D

8 minutes ago, The Disappearing Boy said:

‘The song has always been cr@p and the band are cr@ p too, typical student left wing rubbish..!’

This would work brilliantly on a promotional poster for the next album :lol: 

In the meantime though, we’d better all get back to our degrees before our Corbyn poster-making party this weekend 😛

7 minutes ago, ¡Jenn! said:

The more people bitch about it the more publicity it gets - win win :D

There are A LOT of comments already!

Archived