Green Day fans launch campaign to get 'American Idiot' to No.1 for Donald Trump’s UK visit

pacejunkie punk

1 hour ago, Smoldering Panda said:

Is it the aim to get number 1 on the official chart or the rock chart?

It hasn't really left the rock chart much since it came out (415 weeks on the chart as of the current week) so that wouldn't be much of an achievement :lol:.  The aim is for number 1 on the official chart,  where it previously peaked at number 3 (their highest charting position in the UK if you don't include the cover with U2)

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, tomdsjames said:

It hasn't really left the rock chart much since it came out (415 weeks on the chart as of the current week) so that wouldn't be much of an achievement :lol:.  The aim is for number 1 on the official chart,  where it previously peaked at number 3 (their highest charting position in the UK if you don't include the cover with U2)

Oh yeah, I mean Mr Brightside has stayed in the chart forever since it's release. :lol:

I actually prefer Billie’s suggestion (in response to a troll that said he was just supporting it for the money) to blast the song everywhere instead of buying it. Since most people own it already or can stream it, it’s a much more achievable goal to tell people to go anywhere Ttump is likely to be that week and play the song out as loud as possible. Let him hear it everywhere he goes, it would be much more impactful on the public and media, and more in the spirit of Green Day because it’s actually kind of funny.

Wow the daily mail article comment section is funny, maybe the reason why selling American flags would make loads of money is because people want to burn them 

^^^ Gotta love Mike. What a wingman. Every time Billie makes a political post and gets overwhelmed by trolls Mike steps in with backup.  💚💚 Rock solid.

This campaign is all over the mainstream media in my country now. It's so nice to see GD getting some attention, even if they don't make it to number 1 for Trumps UK visit. American Idiot (the album) is more relevant than ever, it's like the prediction of a nightmare that finally became true. It deserves to be heard more than ever.

3 hours ago, Alan86 said:

Just read an article on “The Mirror” about this. They referred to the “Green Day Frontman Billie-Joe Saunders :lol:

:lol: OMG what is wrong with people?

5 hours ago, Thatsername said:

:lol: OMG what is wrong with people?

A lot of these articles are wiriten by AIs or copied from other articles 

On 4/28/2018 at 11:29 AM, luketrebilliemike said:

Wow the daily mail article comment section is funny, maybe the reason why selling American flags would make loads of money is because people want to burn them 

Slow your role cowboy. Good Americans hate trump (a majority). Don’t talk about burning my flag and expect me not to say fuck you to you and anyone that burns our flag. Either burn all flags and make one or respect the people, hate the leader.

When your boy was in bed with Bush during the Iraq war days, you would never catch me saying burn the Union Jack for protest. That’s ISIS shit there. And although you might see an upside down flag on a stage or maybe even someone burning one on a screen (maybe) that’s for visual stimulation to the content. American Idiot is a patriotic song. It says I’m not a part of that red neck far right racist America but actually being a person burning a flag is a very different thing. Our constitution allows it, but if I ever saw someone.... anyway, Billie, Mike and Tre are patriots, not a hater of America and they love the US and especially Cali.

Talking about burning a flag in efege is an act of most terrorist orginzations, not our strongest ali.

Trump is all of our problems, not just Americans. Playing American Idiot to Trump is funny. Burning an American flag in protest (in a non-art form) is fighting words from Britain to America and not something any level minded person would want.

11 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Plot twist: Trump is a Green Day fan 

Well, he did enjoy the musical.

11 hours ago, Montclare said:

Well, he did enjoy the musical.

@luketrebilliemike

"I feel like going negative is just throwing fuel on the fire. I feel like the government is trying to create a culture war between us in a lot of ways. They're trying to get between your average citizens based on red and blue. I think we're in a crisis mode right now. For me, it's important to get back to fundamentally what it feels like to be an American. We all come from different backgrounds, but we come together and create this world. It's like a microcosm for the rest of the world. I want people to feel unity when they come to a show. At the same time, I'm not going to puss out on saying what I feel about him and his administration." - BJA

On 5/2/2018 at 4:54 AM, Thatsername said:

This campaign is all over the mainstream media in my country now. It's so nice to see GD getting some attention, even if they don't make it to number 1 for Trumps UK visit. American Idiot (the album) is more relevant than ever, it's like the prediction of a nightmare that finally became true. It deserves to be heard more than ever.

Yeah, I love that Germany hates him more than anyone.

The media is eating it up.  

With the way he loves the media, there is no way he doesn't know that fucking Europe hates him.  He is not a man that doesn't like to be disliked.  ***So in a sense it already had an effect.

Anyhow, the hammer is coming down soon.  The only concern is if he refuses to be questioned and ignores a subpoena from Mueller because if he does, he will cause a Constitutional crisis and it will have to wait until probably the Supreme Court.  Bill Clinton when he was about to be subpoenaed did the right thing to avoid a crisis.  He put himself in harm's way to avoid a crisis for the country.  That's what is called being a patriot.

The odd thing is there is a benefit to Trump. Our system is obviously fucked up if he was able to be elected, especially with 3 million votes less.  We are a country of people, not space.  It should matter how many people in the fucking country vote for the President. The whole separation of state is not for the president, he's federal and represents every person in this country.  The electoral college is fucking redic and needs to go.  

But because our system is so divided that it's become a sport to some.  It's red vs blue not Dem vs GOP and we needed to have a revolution in our government. I thought it would come one day but I think that Trump might serve like a natural disaster to America.  Like a forest fire that cleans out the forest for new life.  Or a hurricane.  These things are all necessary evils in mother nature to keep the eco system clean. 

I now look at Trump as the necessary evil to clean the system.  Think about the fact that the guy that made a law in a state banning transgender people from using the bathroom of their choice in a public restroom, and that guy was elected to a term after that and in that same district that elected a transgender woman who had never served public office and was single in a HIGHLY red state and red district.  There is a blue wave that is happening and god willing will continue through the midterms so progressives can take back the house and maybe a miracle will happen and we can take the Senate.  Either way, Senators are retiring and quitting like the plague so while the Senate wasn't even mathematically in play before, now it is, however unlikely.

I would bet my balls to a dollar on the House though.  Every run off election that has happened since Trump has started dismantling this country has been blue and in states where Trump won by up to 85% of the votes, really red states with GOP governors and senators, are being just barely reelected.  In some district of Montana, there was a 47% swing on the vote.  So progressives are moving in and the younger generation is going to be so far left because of Trump that I feel safe for my daughter.  

And by the way, while America is weak, China is taking notice. Nobody on any news cycle has said this that I heard anyway, and yet it seems so obvious.  Kim Jun goes to China about a month ago in secret and has a meeting with their dictator.  Do they call him president? I don't know but either way, they know it's time to pounce and become the next super power which has been brewing for decades but if they wanted to, now is the time.  But North Korea was complicating things.  So I purport that China told NK who exists because China lets them exist, told them "lay off the nukes, or we will annex you asses and make North and South Korea, South Korea. Oh and by the way, go make nice with South Korea while you're at it".  A change like Kim did was amazingly astonishing and important but didn't just happen.  I have always wondered why people in power that have the ability to be good to their people choose not to.  With happy people comes prosperity, wealth, and happiness.  For a second, I thought, maybe he just wants to be a good guy all of a sudden but then I remember every documentary and book I've read on North Korea and no, the man is a deranged psychopath with not a god complex, he truly believes he is a deity, who has no moral compass of any kind and if he was allowed to, he would try and nuke the US and SK and Japan for that matter.  I'm glad they are SAYING that they are going to denuke but something is fishy.

8 hours ago, LaughingClock said:

Slow your role cowboy. Good Americans hate trump (a majority). Don’t talk about burning my flag and expect me not to say fuck you to you and anyone that burns our flag. Either burn all flags and make one or respect the people, hate the leader.

When your boy was in bed with Bush during the Iraq war days, you would never catch me saying burn the Union Jack for protest. That’s ISIS shit there. And although you might see an upside down flag on a stage or maybe even someone burning one on a screen (maybe) that’s for visual stimulation to the content. American Idiot is a patriotic song. It says I’m not a part of that red neck far right racist America but actually being a person burning a flag is a very different thing. Our constitution allows it, but if I ever saw someone.... anyway, Billie, Mike and Tre are patriots, not a hater of America and they love the US and especially Cali.

Talking about burning a flag in efege is an act of most terrorist orginzations, not our strongest ali.

Trump is all of our problems, not just Americans. Playing American Idiot to Trump is funny. Burning an American flag in protest (in a non-art form) is fighting words from Britain to America and not something any level minded person would want.

Meant no offensive,  I wasn’t planning to burn anything or even endorse it, I just saw a lot of comments their saying they will make more money off selling flags than selling the song, which seems unlikely for enough people to buy it to show their support to trump, as the anti trump feelings is high in the uk. It seems more likely for people to buy them for protest reasons. Around a Million people signed a petition to stop him coming. maybe I shouldn’t have read the comment section on the daily mail, only old conservatives who hate everyone the Mail.     

I’m totally with you that it doesn’t help the protests and increases the echo chamber and social devide. 

4 minutes ago, luketrebilliemike said:

Meant no offensive,  I wasn’t planning to burn anything or even endorse it, I just saw a lot of comments their saying they will make more money off selling flags than selling the song, which seems unlikely for enough people to buy it to show their support to trump, as the anti trump feelings is high in the uk. It seems more likely for people to buy them for protest reasons. Around a Million people signed a petition to stop him coming. maybe I shouldn’t have read the comment section on the daily mail, only old conservatives who hate everyone the Mail.     

I’m totally with you that it doesn’t help the protests and increases the echo chamber and social devide. 

Fuck yeah brother!  One love.

Green Day should perform American Idiot live in London on the day ! 

2 hours ago, AimieeSmith said:

OMG. This.

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, AimieeSmith said:

Billie should plan a Longshot tour in Europe in July, fly all of the GD crew out to London to do an AI performance on the day Trump comes over, and then have his visit to Viggiano while he's over here. Very, very unlikely to happen, but I can dream.

So just something interesting news on people following the investigation.

Brilliantly, and lying Trump (as I’m sure Giuliani told him to do) because it is brilliant in the slimy sinister con-man way.

Ofher than poll numbers there was nothing illegal about him having an affair (actually there is but it’s civil and a state law, adultery is actually a civil crime in 46 states I think) but anyway he had Cohen pay her the money to protect him from the news while he was running which counts as a campaign contribution which is limited to $1500 and that was $130,000.  So without anything else, the proof that Cohen paid her off shows illegal campaign contribution.

So now all of a sudden he is saying he paid him back, and get this, IN INSTALLMENTS and through NDAs (non-disclosure agreements) so there is no proof of the crazy premise. Yes, a billionaire is paying back 130k in installments to his lawyer covertly?’!? 

I mean is there a fucking idiot in the world somewhere that would believe this stupid shit. The answer is scary and mostly red stupid fucking Americans voting against themselves and interests.

But it is hard to refute the trutfullness for civil liability which is not “beyond a reasonable” like criminal, civil is has a standard of “propnderate of the evidence”. Beyond a reasonable doubt is a 99% proof burden and it’s about 60% on civil burden of proof.

Actually, is the act of illegal campaign contributions a criminal or civil offense? If it’s criminal, no reasonable person would believe this but if it’s civil, that part of the case probably won’t see daylight (but he has plenty of other problems) but it’s crazy that we know we have a sitting president that is a criminal and a thief and probably a quasi-rapist and pedo.

UGH. Where my lawyers at? Can one of you fix whatever I got wrong there in the legal matter. 

I realize that not many people are interested in this but the topic is trump and this news wasn’t unimportant so I thought I’d post it. It’s actually fascinating to me.

54 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

So just something interesting news on people following the investigation.

Brilliantly, and lying Trump (as I’m sure Giuliani told him to do) because it is brilliant in the slimy sinister con-man way.

Ofher than poll numbers there was nothing illegal about him having an affair (actually there is but it’s civil and a state law, adultery is actually a civil crime in 46 states I think) but anyway he had Cohen pay her the money to protect him from the news while he was running which counts as a campaign contribution which is limited to $1500 and that was $130,000.  So without anything else, the proof that Cohen paid her off shows illegal campaign contribution.

So now all of a sudden he is saying he paid him back, and get this, IN INSTALLMENTS and through NDAs (non-disclosure agreements) so there is no proof of the crazy premise. Yes, a billionaire is paying back 130k in installments to his lawyer covertly?’!? 

I mean is there a fucking idiot in the world somewhere that would believe this stupid shit. The answer is scary and mostly red stupid fucking Americans voting against themselves and interests.

But it is hard to refute the trutfullness for civil liability which is not “beyond a reasonable” like criminal, civil is has a standard of “propnderate of the evidence”. Beyond a reasonable doubt is a 99% proof burden and it’s about 60% on civil burden of proof.

Actually, is the act of illegal campaign contributions a criminal or civil offense? If it’s criminal, no reasonable person would believe this but if it’s civil, that part of the case probably won’t see daylight (but he has plenty of other problems) but it’s crazy that we know we have a sitting president that is a criminal and a thief and probably a quasi-rapist and pedo.

UGH. Where my lawyers at? Can one of you fix whatever I got wrong there in the legal matter. 

I realize that not many people are interested in this but the topic is trump and this news wasn’t unimportant so I thought I’d post it. It’s actually fascinating to me.

I know we’re going to be called on being off topic so before we are, let me just say I’m fascinated by both investigation, Mueller & the Cohen one. It’s like watching a train wreck in slow motion. I’m with you. How people can continue to support this “president” when he is so obviously a liar and a criminal is baffling. My theory is that there is a sub group of people in the US who feel that their way of life is threatened because we are becoming more and more “non-white”. Nothing scares them more and Trump is the first politician to directly confirm their inner feelings that basically amount to racism/nationalism/fear of progression. There’s no avoiding the change that is happening in this country when it comes to multiculturalism, but this group will fight it to the end. It’s very ugly and a very shameful period in our history. Trump will go down though, and he’ll take a lot of people with him. So to kind of bring it back, I hope Billie, Mike, & Tre continue to speak out and not hold back. History will look favorably on anyone who does. 

Oh, and sorry I don’t have any legal clarifications 😐

2 hours ago, neverdone2000 said:

I know we’re going to be called on being off topic so before we are, let me just say I’m fascinated by both investigation, Mueller & the Cohen one. 

(REMOVED FOR THOUGHTFULLNESS) :)

Oh, and sorry I don’t have any legal clarifications 😐

Great post. If talking about Trump in a thread about Trump (yes, it’s EXACTLY about playing American Idiot) but I think (and I’ve been trying to be conservative on posting here, like started spoilering (just leaned that word) my videos and stuff but yeah, talking about Trump in here is quite on topic, I think anyway.

One of the great thing about this place is the free sharing of ideas through global and real communication.

Its necessary.

Anyhow, channel your frustration and anger and look at the longer picture (especially if you have or will have a child). Our bloated government was bound to implode and that’s what’s happening. Like the hurricane or forest fire examples. Those things kill and destroy plenty and are scary as fuck sometimes. But tornados, flash floods, forest fires, hurricanes and anything like that is a necessary device for maintaining a clean and vibrant eco system. They exist in nature for a reason.

I truly believe Trump is that but it’s time to put out the fire and THATS WHY playing American Idiot everywhere he goes to a psychopathic, narcasstic, mysogonist maniac is absolutely neccesary and discussing the reasons why it’s funny and wise to do is because of these reasons. 

To not be allowed to discuss the problems with Trump in this thread hits every illogical button I have. That’s a bridge too far but nobody said that. :)

Archived