3 New Longshot EPs Released on SoundCloud

Jon Benjamin

9 hours ago, inthehallwaynow said:

a soundcloud with 11 tracks you say!?

LAnd now the boy has a SoundCloud account so, who knows.... :P

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've fixed the thread title to be a little more accurate to the material. We now know these are real EPs and not leaked demos :) 

This is a lot of new material. He's spoiling us with this rapid release schedule.

Billie: *@this place as he drops a bunch of sick tunes out of nowhere* lmao watch this

IMG-20180127-_WA0004.jpg

Is it greedy to want all 3 EP's (plus the original Longshot EP) and the full Longshot LP on vinyl.....

4 minutes ago, StillBreathing said:

Is it greedy to want all 3 EP's (plus the original Longshot EP) and the full Longshot LP on vinyl.....

& a t-shirt

Wow, it’s clear that I should not go to bed anymore, waking up like this is dangerous for my heart :runaround:

Fever blister :runaround::runaround::runaround:

You guys know how we hassled him for Devil's Kind? Who's game for doing the same for Dreamcatcher? even though there is no evidence it's even recorded at all... BILLIE YOU OWN OTIS DUDE. COUGH UP!!

I am so ready for a full release of that song, in any capacity. I have been since I was literally 10 years old. 

What a good thing to wake up to! I am totally in love with Fever Blisters. Can’t wait to get my ass home later and download all these :wub: 

Im gonna apologize to Insomniac because i always kinda made fun of it for having a lotta "what the fuck did billie say? i couldnt understand it..." moments on it. Im sorry because Razor Baby is much worse in that regard to me >.<

Is it just me or is the soundmixing on Razor Baby so bad its literally 90% impossible to understand a word that Billie's singing? xD

6 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

I'm freaking about "Southern Girls." I can't even imagine Billie writing it. Like nothing I've ever heard from him.

It’s actually one of the first times I’ve heard a song by him / Green Day where I immediately thought: damn, this really is different to standard GD, but also really GOOD!:runaround:I mean just the guitar town on this alone is sick af... Such a shame it’s a cover... Still, there’s nothing to say he couldn’t explore that kind of musical territory more, it would be amazing if he did holy shit! At the moment I’m really rocking out to Fever Blisters and that song! 

Anyone have HQ images of the album covers handy? Wanna use them for my iTunes library

I think it’s not actually a bad thing that most of these are covers. I mean they’re all rather good covers to start with  (I really like As Tears Go By for example, lovely guitar sound! ) and more importantly, in a lot of cases the sound of songs Billie / Green Day have covered over the years  (Ramones, The Who etc.) has also gradually seeped into their original work. I’d really love that to be the case with Soul Sisters! 

Man, he'll be renting out a MySpace next.

But great songs! Soundcloud is a great platform for DIY tracks like these. :D 

What a gift on a Monday morning :wub: My commute just got a million times better listening to these.

I can't pick a favourite, the Million Miles Away and Southern Girls covers though, wow... definitely won't get bored of those easily.

Damn, this is escalating so quickly! Almost every day brings something new, I love it! 

People always want them to go back to their roots - I don't think we will get any nearer than with this Longshot project. Billie/Green Day basically went from writing punk rock operas, performing at award shows and on television to releasing covers on soundcloud.. which - at first glance - sounds like a failing career but is more like the beginning of a much more creative and free process of writing and making music.. which is absolutely fantastic! 

And way healthier. I was always thinking about how Billie is able to cope with the media and public appearances considering his severe anxiety. I'm neither a doctor nor a therapist - and absolutely not in the position to judge - but I think alcohol definitely helped him but also made him kinda megalomaniacal. Because dropping a second, bigger rock opera after AI for sure is insane. 

The sound of the Trilogy was definitely a step back from the previous two records, but considering the promotion they were definitely again aiming for the big success. Not saying they were only making it for the money, but they sure wanted to make something huge out of it. RevRad was the first 'sober' record and was kinda lowkey, considering they recorded it without telling the label etc. 

I guess you could say Billie, Mike & Tré are done with all this big 'mainstream' fame. They sure love playing shows and I'm pretty sure they will never stop wanting to fill the big stadiums. But I also think they definitely want to focus more on making music and having fun whilst doing & performing it rather than topping Dookie, AI or 21st. 

Archived