3 New Longshot EPs Released on SoundCloud

Jon Benjamin

aaaaaaand have a playlist on itunes made up.  I thought I was going to bed early tonight.  Guess not!

I've got 29 minutes of sweet, sweet Diesel songs to listen to :)

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Return to sender is covers

So Sad about us is a Who Cover

Cant Make it on Time is A Ramones  cover

As Tears Go By Is a Rolling Stones cover

Million Miles away is A Plimsouls Cover

I Am Rock is a Simon & Garfunkel cover (I Am A Rock) 

Million Miles Away is pretty amazing. That's the only one I've listened to so far. I'm guessing much like The Trilogy "the songs just kept flowing" and he can release all of this stuff without any kind of expectations or pressure.

I love that he does stuff like this. It’s a good time being a fan of a band/dude who’s obsessed with making music.

1 minute ago, JardyOfSuburbia said:

Million Miles Away is pretty amazing. That's the only one I've listened to so far. I'm guessing much like The Trilogy "the songs just kept flowing" and he can release all of this stuff without any kind of expectations or pressure.

It's a Plimsouls cover though.

1 minute ago, spider man. said:

I love that he does stuff like this. It’s a good time being a fan of a band/dude who’s obsessed with making music.

:wub:

''Razor Baby'' reminds of Midnight Cowboy theme at some point... :dance:

1 minute ago, disappearingfs said:

''Razor Baby'' reminds of Midnight Cowboy theme at some point... :dance:

I F***ING LOVE ''I've Got My Problems''!

Just now, DookieLukie said:

It's a Plimsouls cover though.

And so it is. I didn't know that, but it still sounded great. I love this little burst of creativity he's having.

5 minutes ago, Schlappy said:

Please tell me fever blister isnt a cover

It isn’t it’s a song he did for the movie Ordinary World along with Devils Kind Body Bag and Ordinary World 

Fever blister sounds insane and I love it. I’ve been hoping he’d release a version of it!

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ''SO SAD ABOUT US''!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE'S SINGING ONE OF MY FAVOURITE BANDS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T BREATHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDD ABOUT US!

3 minutes ago, disappearingfs said:

Return to Sender set it's all covers... Who, Rolling Stones... :-)

But no "Return to Sender"

That'll come later.  This just might be the hippest things Billie's ever done.  Not the best, but the hippest.  

Oh and I can speak from experience about those southern girls.  They are very troubled individuals and are dangerous.  They really do have nothing to lose.   

from what I've been digging around google I've come to the conclusion that the first three tracks on RAZOR Baby seem to be new songs (i could be wrong)

and southern girls is a cheap tick cover

and Bullets are all songs from These Paper Bullets.

I guess.....

Razor Baby (Billie Joe's own demos)

FEVER BLISTERS
RAZOR BABY (MINNESOTA GIRL's Verse)
I'VE GOT MY PROBLEMS
SOUTHERN GIRLS (Cheap Trick's Cover)

Return to Sender (Ironic title, like I send those songs to the writer(s) but sung by me, Lol)

SO SAD ABOUT US (Who's cover)
CAN'T MAKE IT ON TIME (Ramones' cover)
AS TEARS GO BY (Rolling Stones' cover)
MILLION MILES AWAY (Plimsouls' cover)
I AM ROCK (Simon & Garfunkel's cover)

Bullets (Songs off These Paper Bullets)

GIVE IT ALL TO YOU
KEEP ME SATISFIED

:)

21 minutes ago, disappearingfs said:

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ''SO SAD ABOUT US''!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE'S SINGING ONE OF MY FAVOURITE BANDS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T BREATHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDD ABOUT US!

I know, right?!   Green Day caused me to fall in love with The Who many years ago.   Oh, it's such a great cover!!!!

The other covers are awesome too!  

kudos to The Who, The Ramones, The Plimsouls, The Rolling Stones and Simon and Garfunkel for writing such great songs.  Oh and Cheap Trick is cool as well! 

Lots of "The" bands there, haha.  Wonder if that was the inspiration for The Longshot.  Hmmm.  

21 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

It isn’t it’s a song he did for the movie Ordinary World along with Devils Kind Body Bag and Ordinary World 

Oh yeah thats right

Fever Blister is one of the best things ever I love it soooo much. Finally a version by him (Les Skunks does it in the movie but with another singer). The release of these songs from OW is a dream come true for me.

I’m a big Cheap Trick fan and Southern Girls is an awesome cover. Also As Tears Go By and I Am A Rock are amazing picks for covers. 

What a windfall! I hope he puts them on Spotify too but I’m just so glad to hear them.  If he’s not careful, he’s gonna make me so happy I won’t miss Green Day (and I can’t believe I said that but I’m having a good time right now)

I've wanted him to do a cover of Million Miles ever since he performed it on NYE.  I love Southern Girl and I Am a Rock is one of my favorite S&G songs.  

Now if only he would do Dreamcatcher.   :)

Archived