Donation to help with costs Read more... ×
AlissaGoesRAWR

The Longshot - 2018/06/02 - First Unitarian Church, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA

pacejunkie punk

@Paola17 I feel you, I’m coming down with a cold today 🤧

You were right behind our group? Were you a part of that nice group with the big case of Philly pretzels? ❤️

Paola17
26 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

@Paola17 I feel you, I’m coming down with a cold today 🤧

You were right behind our group? Were you a part of that nice group with the big case of Philly pretzels? ❤️

Nope, but we were right behind them. In the venue though, you were definitely in front of us though, I do remember that much. 

• Like 1

hym.jarred

can we have our headers back?

Todd
5 hours ago, molly1620 said:

I was on the side he kept trying to stage dive on and eventually people started to refuse to catch him in protest. At one point he almost crashed to the ground and then he switched to the other side of the stage. 

It was also too hot to touch a sweaty dude in leather. :lol:

I felt so bad :lol: I grabbed Savannah and yanked us both out of the way, he nearly hit the floor because of that. Oh well, better him than us!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

grinsoniko
5 hours ago, Paola17 said:

My recap of the day and the show itself:

After a show, I tend to post on here not long after arriving home.
However, due to circumstances, I definitely wanted to recoup a bit longer and also gather all of my thoughts together before contributing to a recap on this forum.

Waiting In Line:

Reveal hidden contents

So Andy and I arrived at 9:15am. There were 15 people with numbers in front of us (I don’t believe it included all of their plus ones). However, it was fine. I was prepared for the church to tell us to move across the street, but since we stayed on the right side of it, we weren’t actually blocking any entrances or a main street. It makes sense, since I believe most people do tend to form the line in front of the main entrance. Anyhow, we made company with the people around us (including Todd and Savannah-lovely to have finally met y’all) and made the best of waiting for 11 hours. It was originally scheduled to thunderstorm most of the day, but if anything, we experienced only 30 minutes of that while in line. The weather was great- we were in the shade, it wasn’t too humid, and there was a nice breeze almost the entire time.

There were definitely some actions that occurred in line that I personally did not feel great about (both amongst people in line and people that arrived closer to the time doors opened.) Just some actions I don’t condone but to each their own.

Now, as for the show…

As stated above, it became clear that not all of the plus ones were accounted for at the start of the line, nor number wise. However, it was still less than what it would have been if everyone did have a plus one. Either way, the group of people we talked to in line managed to get in the 2nd/3rd row, depending on how you want to look at how everyone was arranged (@pacejunkie punk - didn’t realize until you posted your Instagram on here, but it appears you were right in front of us!) The crowd was pretty tight, but it certainly got tighter and there wasn’t room to move by the time The Longshot went up. The promoter had issued an email the day before stating that people could bring their own drinks, but I didn’t even entertain the idea that it meant BYOB, so imagine my surprise when I saw a guy with a cylindrical Tupperware container filled with beer. There were a few people around us that were certainly having a rougher time and became more dehydrated as time went by, so we definitely tried to get them water whenever they came our way. 

For the opener, I definitely enjoyed their set more than I thought I would, considering the mixed reactions I have seen floating around. As much as I appreciated the frontman wanting to interact with the crowd, considering the circumstances, this was not the best location to do so. Didn’t really mind when he walked into it, but when you fall into the crowd and are thrown back on stage (and at one point, he almost completely fell to the floor since most moved out of the way when he did so that particular time), it is clear that this action is not being well received.

For The Longshot themselves… I think we were all attempting to be enthusiastic and in good spirits, as the show went on, especially up front, but it was just incredibly difficult to do with the lack of ventilation. I know a few of us were originally excited that this was going to be the last date of the entire tour, and later on the last date of the East coast tour. I understand that the show had to be pushed back originally and that they still needed to end by 11 (though I believe they ended around 11:10pm ), but that coupled with the breaks needed to be taken by the band and again, the circumstances regarding the climate inside, it is understandable. While there weren’t necessarily many crowd surfers, there few that did partake in them were… I don’t know… Some of them got on stage and tried to dive back in, but like with the opener, for the most part, they were being thrown back on stage (to the girl with heels who crowd surfed multiple times… my head thanks you :P). There was also this one dude who wanted us all to get up on stage during Chasing a Ghost before Billie gave the okay and once he did, he proceeded to use a small girl to push himself up (who was a good 60 pounds, if not more, lighter than her). Yeah, that’s completely punk of you…:P

The highlight of the evening may have been seeing the 3 kids up on stage having a great time (one of them had gone up earlier too). I’m glad they weren’t in the midst of the crowd. I hope they remember this for years to come. I was worried about them though once everyone else started going up on stage.

We got a nice surprise once we stepped outside in the form of a heavy downpour. Yup… all that sweat followed by heavy rain and then being in wet clothes for 3 hours before arriving home and taking a shower… I’m starting to get sick.

Ha! i was the guy with the tupperwear of beer. I brought ice in it originally but just poured the beer there right before going in. Don’t regret it lol at least kept me hydrated for the first 40 mins

Hermione
On 6/6/2018 at 12:45 AM, hym.jarred said:

can we have our headers back?

Hey I've seen you ask this a couple of times now but I don't know what you mean. What headers?

hym.jarred
4 hours ago, Hermione said:

Hey I've seen you ask this a couple of times now but I don't know what you mean. What headers?

like on our profiles lol

Hermione
52 minutes ago, hym.jarred said:

like on our profiles lol

Ohh I hadn't realised they were gone myself. I'll look into it.

• Thanks 1