AlissaGoesRAWR

The Longshot - 2018/06/02 - First Unitarian Church, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA

W Axl Rose
7 minutes ago, Paola17 said:

Finally got a ticket! 
Will be trying for a second one as well.
However, I am more than satisfied with this single purchase

Sweet. Persistence pays off. It says off sale now so I'm thinking that's it.

My friend said the Baltimore show made you put the names of both attendees. I filled this out so fast that I didn't see a place to do that for Philly. 

• Like 2

JardyOfSuburbia

Wow. Got tickets without even thinking about how I'm going to get there, where I'll sleep and all that.

All well. I'll figure it out. Can't wait!

• Like 3

Paola17
1 minute ago, JardyOfSuburbia said:

Wow. Got tickets without even thinking about how I'm going to get there, where I'll sleep and all that.

My place is open if you're okay with an air mattress!

And yup, the site is officially stating that it's sold out now.

• Like 1

JardyOfSuburbia
Just now, Paola17 said:

My place is open if you're okay with an air mattress!

And yup, the site is officially stating that it's sold out now.

I might have to take you up on that. Thanks! Still figuring out how this will all work, but I'll let you know.

molly1620

Got ticket's this morning. I was afraid these smaller website servers weren't going to be able to handle the traffic but it was actually easier to do than ticketmaster! 

• Like 1

pacejunkie punk

Got my Philly ticket!! I’m there 🎉🎉🎉

• Like 2

grinsoniko

awesome!! good to know everyone was able to get tickets, excited for the show and to meet you guys there!

• Like 2

James11693

I was lucky enough to get a pair, congrats to everyone else able to get some!

• Like 2

AlissaGoesRAWR
56 minutes ago, JardyOfSuburbia said:

You should've came to Washington DC with us! :o

I'm sure @Laura! can give you some suggestions though... her parents used to live in Philly.

Paola17
1 hour ago, JardyOfSuburbia said:

I might have to take you up on that. Thanks! Still figuring out how this will all work, but I'll let you know.

Sweet!

So it seems as if a flight is $148... might be the best option considering bus and Amtrak tickets are at least $50.

You can also drive - there are a lot of parking lots in the area I live in that go between $24-$30 for 24hrs.

• Like 2

Laura!
21 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

I'm sure @Laura! can give you some suggestions though... her parents used to live in Philly.

I’d be happy to, @JardyOfSuburbia! Let me know if you’d like tourist tips!

Philly is definitely a city to check out!

desertrose

From Yelp:

o.jpg

11/11/2017

This is a great place I really didn't expect the concert to be at a church but the venue was spacious even though it's probably was the smallest that I have been to. The restroom were clean for a while and had multiple stalls so there never was really a line. Lighting could be a problem for lowlight shots but other than that it's well lit at times. There aren't any fancy lights but the ones used were not to bad. Sound quality is very loud and impactful due to the small space. Terms of conditioning there are ceiling fans even though they weren't used. As always expect heat especially in closed space surrounded by people

A unique and great place to go to a show. In the basement of the church. Stage and space are large but still intimate. For that reason seeing bigger bands here is pretty special. Everyone running the place was super cool and chill. I had zero problems with anyone running it, which is a first for a place for shows is not run by slum lords or jerks.

This place was hotter than sin, though. I felt disgusting and smelled bad. Which tends to happen with hundred something people are squished into a basement together with little ventilation. It was alright though for the fact that they let you leave and come back in and our of the venue.

• Like 1

W Axl Rose

That has to be the smaller part of the venue. I thought there were two parts ,a small one and one that holds 700?

pacejunkie punk
5 minutes ago, W Axl Rose said:

That has to be the smaller part of the venue. I thought there were two parts ,a small one and one that holds 700?

That’s actually the bigger part. The smaller part is the upstairs church area with the pews.

Maddie86

I got a ticket to Baltimore and my friends were supposed to buy tickets and they didn't so now I really wish I had a ticket to this show instead :(

• Sad 1

W Axl Rose
7 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

That’s actually the bigger part. The smaller part is the upstairs church area with the pews.

Interesting. So they have to load things in through the front and down the stairs? I'm not sure where I got the 700 number from but from the few pics I've seen it doesn't look like they can even fit that many down there.

Todd
5 hours ago, Kyle Serlington said:

I got a ticket to Baltimore and my friends were supposed to buy tickets and they didn't so now I really wish I had a ticket to this show instead :(

It's not too late, right? Maybe someone will have extras to sell. You should follow the thread in case that happens

• Like 1

Maddie86
6 hours ago, Todd said:

It's not too late, right? Maybe someone will have extras to sell. You should follow the thread in case that happens

yeah I will definitely keep an eye on it! I dunno how someone would sell me one though with the way ticketfly had this set up

W Axl Rose
7 minutes ago, Kyle Serlington said:

yeah I will definitely keep an eye on it! I dunno how someone would sell me one though with the way ticketfly had this set up

You didn't have to provide the name of both concertgoers for this show. Only the purchaser had to provide his/her name so on the rare chance someone had an extra they would bring you in as their plus one.

Maddie86
4 hours ago, W Axl Rose said:

You didn't have to provide the name of both concertgoers for this show. Only the purchaser had to provide his/her name so on the rare chance someone had an extra they would bring you in as their plus one.

oh nice! I guess I would still be stuck with my ticket for Baltimore though, unless the website gives refunds, but my guess is that they don't

grinsoniko
2 hours ago, Kyle Serlington said:

oh nice! I guess I would still be stuck with my ticket for Baltimore though, unless the website gives refunds, but my guess is that they don't

Hey, just noticed on the FB event page for that show, there is a guy selling his extra ticket. nobody has replied to him yet, might be good to reach out to him.

JardyOfSuburbia
On 4/27/2018 at 11:29 AM, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

I didn't know we were all aiming for a specific show!

On 4/27/2018 at 11:37 AM, Paola17 said:

Sweet!

So it seems as if a flight is $148... might be the best option considering bus and Amtrak tickets are at least $50.

You can also drive - there are a lot of parking lots in the area I live in that go between $24-$30 for 24hrs.

I will be driving there. I love road trips :) I'll let you know when I figure everything out. Thanks!

LaughingClock
On 4/21/2018 at 5:37 AM, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

No problem. 

And oh, no, they mean lining up outside the venue the day of the show to get the best spot in the pit (until some jackass inevitably shoves in front of you, making the whole process pointless). 

That was funny! I might be around Virginia on a business trip so I might be able to make this one too. I too would like to say hi to The Todd.

• Like 1

pacejunkie punk
4 hours ago, LaughingClock said:

That was funny! I might be around Virginia on a business trip so I might be able to make this one too. I too would like to say hi to The Todd.

Oh hey, if you make this one you’ll see me there too 🙂

• Love 1

LaughingClock
1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Oh hey, if you make this one you’ll see me there too 🙂

Sweet!!!