Jump to content
AlissaGoesRAWR

The Longshot - 2018/06/02 - First Unitarian Church, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA

Recommended Posts

AlissaGoesRAWR

https://www.r5productions.com/event/1687154-the-longshot-philadelphia/

 

THE LONGSHOT

THE TRASHBAGS

SAT, JUNE 2, 2018

Doors: 7:30 pm / Show: 8:00 pm

FIRST UNITARIAN CHURCH

$27.50 - $30.00

ON SALE
FRI, APRIL 27, 2018
10:00 AM EDT

This Event Is All Ages

2 ticket limit for this event per household, customer, credit card number and email address. Tickets are will call only. Purchaser must be present with valid government issued ID.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jimmy Strummer

THIS HAD TO HAPPEN AFTER I MOVE AWAY FROM SOUTH JERSEY!!!!! :cry::cry::cry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paola17

@Todd ?? Would this be a possibility for you??


Oh my god. So glad I didn't have to wait long for the dates closer to yours truly :dance:

Now to decide between this and NYC... or both 
RIP wallet

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Todd
1 hour ago, Paola17 said:

@Todd ?? Would this be a possibility for you??


Oh my god. So glad I didn't have to wait long for the dates closer to yours truly :dance:

Now to decide between this and NYC... or both 
RIP wallet

Yes, going :D 

 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Strummer said:

THIS HAD TO HAPPEN AFTER I MOVE AWAY FROM SOUTH JERSEY!!!!! :cry::cry::cry:

Guess I won't be able to creep you out at this show, too :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
molly1620

Does anyone think there is going to be any pre-sales for these shows? I'm stoked for the small venues! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
grinsoniko

Flying fro Miami for this one! Hoping to score tix on friday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Q-Man

Either going to this or one of the NYC ones. I hope getting tickets isn't going to be too difficult.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smitty

Yooooo i'm excited. Anyone have any idea for how many tickets theyll sell?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pacejunkie punk

This is me. Hope I can get a ticket, gonna try my hardest. Who wants to be my line buddy?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paola17

Now the question is - can I have the day off work so I can line up or...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
grinsoniko

These will not be available to buy online??

Edited by grinsoniko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlissaGoesRAWR
1 hour ago, grinsoniko said:

These will not be available to buy online??

Will call means you pick them up the day of the show. They won’t mail you tickets or give you e-tickets to cut down on price-gouging and scalping. But you still order them online ahead of time. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Laura!

Considering flying up to see this one if flights are cheap enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
grinsoniko
2 hours ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Will call means you pick them up the day of the show. They won’t mail you tickets or give you e-tickets to cut down on price-gouging and scalping. But you still order them online ahead of time. 

Ok thanks, thats what I thought but was confused since I saw some people saying they will line up to buy them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlissaGoesRAWR
8 hours ago, grinsoniko said:

Ok thanks, thats what I thought but was confused since I saw some people saying they will line up to buy them.

No problem. 

And oh, no, they mean lining up outside the venue the day of the show to get the best spot in the pit (until some jackass inevitably shoves in front of you, making the whole process pointless). 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pacejunkie punk
1 hour ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

No problem. 

And oh, no, they mean lining up outside the venue the day of the show to get the best spot in the pit (until some jackass inevitably shoves in front of you, making the whole process pointless). 

How early would you say people start lining up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlissaGoesRAWR
2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

How early would you say people start lining up?

For this? I have no clue, honestly. :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paola17
3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

How early would you say people start lining up?

Can't say. However, seeing as how it should be warm weather and it is a weekend, I may arrive around-if not, before-noon. I do like the area-great for people watching and because it's in the middle of the city, there are a lot of small shops, food options, and drugstores nearby. 
The stage is decently wide as well.

Edit: Okay, I was able to drop my shift at work. I'm going to be quite salty if I don't snag a ticket :P
With that being said, I will most likely be attempting for two (either for a friend or if they can't attend, someone on here)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pacejunkie punk
3 hours ago, Paola17 said:

Can't say. However, seeing as how it should be warm weather and it is a weekend, I may arrive around-if not, before-noon. I do like the area-great for people watching and because it's in the middle of the city, there are a lot of small shops, food options, and drugstores nearby. 
The stage is decently wide as well.

Edit: Okay, I was able to drop my shift at work. I'm going to be quite salty if I don't snag a ticket :P
With that being said, I will most likely be attempting for two (either for a friend or if they can't attend, someone on here)

Fingers crossed we get tickets. Line buddies!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hearts4444

Is anybody looking for somebody to go with to this concert?.  I don’t want to go by myself.  I live in Connecticut. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pacejunkie punk
1 hour ago, Hearts4444 said:

Is anybody looking for somebody to go with to this concert?.  I don’t want to go by myself.  I live in Connecticut. 

If I can score a ticket, I’ll hang out with any GDCers who are there on line.  I’ll probably be by myself too.  Not traveling from your way though if you’re looking for someone to road trip with, I wasn’t sure which you meant by your post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
James11693

I think this is the largest place they're going to play so hopefully tickets arent too hard to get

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paola17

According to what I've seen and witnessed, it says the place holds about 600. Maybe a tad more.
 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
W Axl Rose
12 hours ago, James11693 said:

I think this is the largest place they're going to play so hopefully tickets arent too hard to get

I give Billie props for the credit card/ID thing but it won't stop scalping. Anyone who gets in can still sell their plus one on Craigslist for way more than $30 and the person who buys the spot just has to go in with the original buyer. Still other than limiting sales to one per person with credit card/ID entry I'm not sure how much more they could do. I brought my Daughter to her first GD show last year at Wrigley Field so I'm trying to bring her to this too and I'm fairly confident I won't have to worry about her being pushed by drunk morons who know only know Longview. This is truly quite the first world problem to have ,if I can get into the show and drive 7 hours each way to do so. Still I hope everyone from here gets in :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gaslight13
12 hours ago, Paola17 said:

According to what I've seen and witnessed, it says the place holds about 600. Maybe a tad more.
 

I've only ever been to this venue once and it wasn't at all what was implied online (ie cap 600). The show I saw was in a room with pews in it and fit like 50 people. I'm guessing this wasn't the main venue space that you find online and just a special thing, but I'm a little concerned it could be that again. I doubt it but hard to know for sure. It'll either be the biggest or the smallest on the tour, I guess.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×