AlissaGoesRAWR

The Longshot - 2018/05/29 - Foufounes Electriques, Montréal, Canada

Stuart&Ave
7 hours ago, desertrose said:

That video is not from last night.

Edited by AlissaGoesRAWR
Please remove Instagram embeds from posts.
  • Like 1

DadBod
1 hour ago, Alf said:

This is a great find!!! They sounded so good last night. 

pacejunkie punk

That was a phenomenal show. They also did Million Miles Away! Best show so far it was great to see a full video 👍

desertrose

pacejunkie punk

Thanks for your story @blueshadows  I know how you feel about the selfie, I was so focused on getting a photo and so stunned he was standing next to me that it was only after that I realized I don’t remember looking him in the eye and talking to him. With all these people waiting you’re afraid to monopolize his time and your mind goes blank anyway. But I think he gets it, as long as you’re polite.  And you got to see an amazing show (our DC crowd kind of ruined it). Congrats!

• Like 1

desertrose

desertrose

• Like 1

IcyMoffatt

@blueshadows Glad you had a good experience. My day was just a serie of bad lucks and I missed Billie by like one minute.  That tops it all. My friend and I were waiting for him to come back on Ste-Catherine street. He went that way with the rest of the band walking around 11:20 (maybe going to a bar for David's birthday). We were so sure to be able to not miss him, and we were even going from time to time behind the venue just to make sure. But we got unlucky. The last time we decided to check behind, we arrived just when the bus was leaving.:cry:

Stuart&Ave

This show was so awesome! I went there with friends I met 8 years ago at a Green Day show (and that I still see from time to time). I couldn't believe we all managed to get tickets! We arrived at the venue at different times so we drank a beer, talked and sang loudly to the songs we knew while waiting for everybody to arrive.

When we got upstairs (where the show was), we were under the mezzanine at the back and it was really hot. People  were not moving a lot and  all I was thinking was to join the people jumping up and down even if it was only the first band, but I stayed there. Then The Longshot started to play and  one of my friends said "I want to go in the front" and I was like "Me too!", so we went through the people to get where all the action was. I stayed there jumping, singing, bumping into sweaty people, taking care of crowd surfer and being happy when I recognized a friend. I'm quite skinny, but I didn't feel like I could be hurt badly. Everybody seemed to make sure everyone was okay and when somebody fell, he was picked up immediately by 2-3 people. It was really about feeling the moment and the energy, so the show is kind of a blur. I remember some tiny moments and some images but I know the feelings won't fade away as easily. I remember telling to myself "Let's go, do something" whenever a crowd surfer went on  stage and stayed there doing nothing but starring at Billie, I remember feeling a little bit uncomfortable for Billie each time someone kissed him on the cheek (boys or girls) but I guess he didn't care that much. In fact, he seemed so so happy during the show. I've seen Green Day live a few times and I think it was the happiest I saw him. I think he talked about unity and that's what I felt in the crowd. Definitely a memory that I won't forget (especially now with all my bruises, haha).

IcyMoffatt
13 minutes ago, Stuart&Ave said:

Everybody seemed to make sure everyone was okay and when somebody fell, he was picked up immediately by 2-3 people. 

I guess you're talking about me. That was the fault of the damn girl with the red t-shirt who was crowd surfing. Nobody was ready to catch her.

Stuart&Ave
1 hour ago, IcyMoffatt said:

I guess you're talking about me. That was the fault of the damn girl with the red t-shirt who was crowd surfing. Nobody was ready to catch her.

I helped more than one person getting back on their feet; crowd surfers or people falling because of crowd surfers. But yeah, the girl with the red shirt was quite intense. Did you get hurt?

IcyMoffatt
8 hours ago, Stuart&Ave said:

I helped more than one person getting back on their feet; crowd surfers or people falling because of crowd surfers. But yeah, the girl with the red shirt was quite intense. Did you get hurt?

No, not at that moment. But later, she hit me on my left ear (somebody else did hit me on the same place earlier) and she hit the girl to my left twice in like 5 seconds on the nose. I thought the poor girl had her nose broken at first, but she was just feeling pain. No blood nor broken bones. In the case of my ear, I had problem to hear with it the next day, but now I'm fine.

blueshadows

@IcyMoffatt sorry you missed him and got hurt, hopefully you are all ok now. From the side I could see the girl you mentioned was quite intense on the crowd surfing. 

Glad we did make it to the show though. Not sure how it was you but it was very hard for me to get tickets.

So happy Montreal  got included in this tour, I really thought there was not a good chance they'd stop by.

IcyMoffatt
7 hours ago, blueshadows said:

@IcyMoffatt sorry you missed him and got hurt, hopefully you are all ok now. From the side I could see the girl you mentioned was quite intense on the crowd surfing. 

Glad we did make it to the show though. Not sure how it was you but it was very hard for me to get tickets.

So happy Montreal  got included in this tour, I really thought there was not a good chance they'd stop by.

I didn't get a ticket at first. But with hard work, I found somebody who could sell me one. She sold the ticket to a guy last saturday, but he fall ill and had to go to the hospital on monday. So the girl offered me the ticket instead. Later that day, I found one for my friend. 

The girl with the red shirt was annoying me, just like the guy with a GD t-shirt from the trilogy era. During the first band, he was trying to start a mosh pit, but only 2 girls joined him. No one else wanted a mosh pit.

Montreal is known for its punk scene. Billie knows that Montreal will always have sold out shows when he is in town. And since he wanted to do small concerts, les Foufounes Électriques was the place to go (Green Day did play there 25 years ago when the band wasn't as popular as today). On the other hand, I don't think he loves the city enough to spend his day off in Montreal.

desertrose

Stuart&Ave
15 hours ago, IcyMoffatt said:

No, not at that moment. But later, she hit me on my left ear (somebody else did hit me on the same place earlier) and she hit the girl to my left twice in like 5 seconds on the nose. I thought the poor girl had her nose broken at first, but she was just feeling pain. No blood nor broken bones. In the case of my ear, I had problem to hear with it the next day, but now I'm fine.

Well, she was literally running from the stage to land on people so it must be hard to catch her. At least, you seem okay now... I don't know if it's just me, but she seems to be at every show!? 

pacejunkie punk
11 hours ago, jayjaded said:
Literally the nicest and sweetest and he gave me 5 mins of his time and had a drink with me. 22 years in the making this encounter.

And now you know I’m gonna ask what he had to drink (and what you talked about) 😁

IcyMoffatt
12 hours ago, jayjaded said:
Literally the nicest and sweetest and he gave me 5 mins of his time and had a drink with me. 22 years in the making this encounter.

Was it after the Longshot left the Fouf by walking on Ste-Catherine? 

Jaymee!!

Late to the show but Justin and I somehow managed to get 3 tickets to the show using the shitty wifi at Disneyland while we were in Florida and tbh watching them perform was at least 4 times better than watching Green Day. We stuck back next to the sound board for the show since his younger sister is afraid of crowds so we probably had the best experience music-wise, but I was itching to join the pit the whole night. Met Billie and Bill before the show, such casual dudes. 24/10 would recommend this venue and this side project

desertrose

• Love 1

jayjaded
On 6/6/2018 at 9:31 AM, pacejunkie punk said:

And now you know I’m gonna ask what he had to drink (and what you talked about) 😁

It was a beer! I saw a pic from another angle. 

• Thanks 1