'Love is for Losers' Official Music Video

Squashie

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Those teeth. Omg.

Am I the only one on team fucked up teeth? They’re too perfect now. I don’t think I’ll ever get used to them. :lol: 

That aside, I liked the video. Simple but effective. 

The old teeth were cute but the new ones aren't bad and it's worth it for the happiness it's given him and extra smiling :D. I think maybe they look more extreme when he's just had them cleaned/polished or whatever, every few months they seem to suddenly look extra white and new again lol.

1524333504-shot.jpg

Is it just me that think that camera shot is weird ?
Distorted, poorly framed and too close to BJ... looks cheap to me.

19 minutes ago, Johnny Higher said:

Is it just me that think that camera shot is weird ?
Distorted, poorly framed and too close to BJ... looks cheap to me.

I agree. The whole video looks great except for this shot. It's a bad angle and I think there's a bit of a fishbowl effect. It makes Billie look a little weird. Overall I'm impressed though. This was a really quick turnaround for a video.

It's weird but I like it :lol:. All the shots of Billie singing to camera are kind of weird. And I mean, I think cheap/not too polished is kind of what they were going for with the video.

1 minute ago, SHART said:

This is a bit late but is this the same place where BJ & Adi renewed their vows?

Yep, neon graveyard, Las Vegas.

Saw some comments on youtube about Billie looking different.   

He's not wearing guy liner. 

He's got a new earring. 

His teeth are new.  

Not that it was a bad look but I think losing the guy liner was a smart idea.  

So was the earring.  

The teeth, that's a big change.  Good too I guess.  

BRINK BACK THE GUYLINER 2K18

Billie looks better than ever though it's really astonishing. 

Anyone think Billie's looked a bit...bored...in the the videos for this and RevRad or is it just me? xP

On 21 April 2018 at 11:56 AM, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Those teeth. Omg.

Am I the only one on team fucked up teeth? They’re too perfect now. I don’t think I’ll ever get used to them. :lol: 

That aside, I liked the video. Simple but effective. 

#teamfuckedupteeth👍

The running at the end is a little random.

kinda reminds me of an alt rock 80s music video. just super basic shots of the band playing in some run down or random location. its nothing too crazy, something they probably banged out in one night to help promote/sell the album. its got some cool shots tho

kind of a more modernized version of something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3XMC_Sk3QE

5 hours ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

Saw some comments on youtube about Billie looking different.   

He's not wearing guy liner. 

He's got a new earring. 

His teeth are new.  

Not that it was a bad look but I think losing the guy liner was a smart idea.  

So was the earring.  

The teeth, that's a big change.  Good too I guess.  

He's literally selling/promoting his own "Billie Joe Armstrong Basket Case Eyeliner" right now so I doubt it's gone for good :P. Au natural look just fits better for a straightforward classic rock type side project I think.

I love love love love the song, but the video changed angles very frequently, and the kind of panoramic shots were not the most visually appealing aspect. It kind of made my head hurt to watch, to be honest. 

Billie without eyeliner though!

I love it and think it’s fits the song and vibe of the whole project really well.  It’s not too fancy, straight up rock n roll and a little chaotic.  Oh and Billie looks awesome, there’s been lots of chat about his teeth on the fangirl thread for months now and I think it’s hilarious how the reviews all mention the lack of eyeliner.  I think he looks great, the yellow maybe makes him look a little washed out but what a great setting.  

5 hours ago, Hermione said:

He's literally selling/promoting his own "Billie Joe Armstrong Basket Case Eyeliner" right now so I doubt it's gone for good :P. Au natural look just fits better for a straightforward classic rock type side project I think.

Could be he's passing the torch of guy liners to a new generation of guys.   Haha

I wonder how many singles / videos we'll get from this.   The Network had a whole collection of videos, while the Tubbies did three fairly entertaining pieces.  

I would imagine "Chasing a Ghost" and "Happiness" would be good choices.   

I have a theory as to why Billie was running away at the end of the video 

Mike and Tre showed up and started shouting at him

"YOU STARTED A NEW BAND WITHOUT US"  :ga:

On 4/20/2018 at 11:22 PM, greendepent said:

So, another mix of the song was used to this video. I wonder how much vinyl mix will differ

And here I was thinking it was the sucky video making the song suck when it's actually a good song.  

This video ain't good.  

On 4/20/2018 at 4:43 AM, Hermione said:

And I love that Billie is indeed wearing the same shirt from the Rev Rad video :D. And the running away :lol: 

Same shirt from the Waiting video, as well.

14 minutes ago, dirnt286 said:

That’s what I thought but @Hermione said no. I think the stripes were narrower on the older one.

1 hour ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

And here I was thinking it was the sucky video making the song suck when it's actually a good song.  

This video ain't good.

Is a slighly more dynamic mix. But sounds better to my taste. Video is just a video like a lot of other ones. I like the lights tho

10 hours ago, dirnt286 said:

Nah this shirt = bright blue/black wide stripes. Waiting video shirt = greyish blue/black thinner stripes. I know my striped Billie shirts :D 

7 hours ago, Hermione said:

Nah this shirt = bright blue/black wide stripes. Waiting video shirt = greyish blue/black thinner stripes. I know my striped Billie shirts :D 

I am strangely comforted knowing someone is watching Billie even closer than I am :D  It is the same as the Revrad video though.  That man likes to get his monies worth out a t-shirt :lol:

Archived