Todd

The Longshot - 2018/05/26 - Ottobar, Baltimore, Maryland, USA

BCap

Aw yeah. Anyone going to D.C. the day before?

Plankfan
On 4/20/2018 at 12:52 PM, BCap said:

Aw yeah. Anyone going to D.C. the day before?

If I can manage to snag a ticket for both shows, that's the ideal plan. 

Plankfan

Has anybody found a working direct link for tickets for this show? I click on the "on sale Friday" button and it 404s while all the others I tried go to the sale page. 

pacejunkie punk
51 minutes ago, Plankfan said:

Has anybody found a working direct link for tickets for this show? I click on the "on sale Friday" button and it 404s while all the others I tried go to the sale page. 

Are you on the website or the mobile app? Did you try both?

Plankfan
5 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Are you on the website or the mobile app? Did you try both?

Website. Ticketfly doesn't have an app... 

gaslight13
11 minutes ago, Plankfan said:

Website. Ticketfly doesn't have an app... 

Yes they do.

And yeah I had that 404  problem too. Click on the long shot name on that listing. I think that's what worked for me? 

Plankfan
36 minutes ago, gaslight13 said:

Yes they do.

And yeah I had that 404  problem too. Click on the long shot name on that listing. I think that's what worked for me? 

Ah looks like the app is ios only... I'm on android right now. I'll hop on an apple device and check it out in the morning. 

• Like 1

BCap
17 hours ago, Plankfan said:

https://www.ticketfly.com/event/1686975-longshot-baltimore/

• Love 1

Plankfan

Got my ticket for this and DC!

BCap
Just now, Plankfan said:

Got my ticket for this and DC!

Almost got for Baltimore, had two tickets in cart, had to enter my name for the will-call AND a friend's, ended up deciding to just get one (long story), dumped both, now I'm fucked. :P

• Sad 1

Plankfan
1 minute ago, BCap said:

Almost got for Baltimore, had two tickets in cart, had to enter my name for the will-call AND a friend's, ended up deciding to just get one (long story), dumped both, now I'm fucked. :P

Damn. I had two different laptops open on my desk, furiously refreshing both of em lol

BCap
1 minute ago, Plankfan said:

Damn. I had two different laptops open on my desk, furiously refreshing both of em lol

I had my phone and laptop, no issues getting them in my cart for either.

Edit: I kept refreshing the page, and was eventually able to get one!

Does anyone wanna meet up before the show, maybe to wait on line?  I've got Cards Against Humanity.

Edited by BCap

Maddie86

I got my ticket for this! I guess I got lucky, I got out of work super early and I'm working in the middle of the Catskills right now but I found a diner and had a late breakfast and as soon as it hit 10am I bought a ticket on my cell phone.

I really hate how they had this set up. My friend was supposed to buy tickets for her and her husband but she didn't get them. I would have ordered theirs if I was allowed to buy 3 tickets. And if you want to buy 2 tickets you have to give names for both people and they both have to show up with ID. I would have bought an extra ticket and found a friend to go with me eventually but nope, now I'm stuck paying for a hotel and gas all by myself. shoot. whatever, I've been to the Ottobar before and had a great time! I can't wait to go get some Pit Beef at Chap's! I might explore some cemeteries too, last time I was there I saw a really cool one but didn't get to stop and check it out

Maddie86

So I've been to the Ottobar a few times over the last 11 years, it really is a cool venue, it's a dive for sure but it's a great place for a punk show. I used to go to Insubordination Fest here and I've actually seen Emily's Army play here twice I believe. I know the guys who used to set up Insub Fest and I asked one of them about capacity and he said that he thinks the official capacity is 450 people, but that includes staff and there's a 2nd room for small shows upstairs, so the main floor probably just holds like 300 people on the dance floor and then maybe another 30 in the back bar area and 20 up in the little balcony. Here's a pic I took years ago from the back of the room by the sound board. I'm so excited to see Billie in a small venue like this!

994505_10151459862546373_1539159569_n.jp

• Like 2

xsam_

i know the tickets are on name only. but im looking for a spare ticket! maybe, there's a way.. i know that sometimes they allow name changes with gigs like this. but maybe not now, but its worth a try!

BCap

Since we're less than a week out, does anyone wanna hang out before this, maybe wait in line together?  Since it's a Saturday I may get to the venue extra-early.

BCap

I will check to see if there is a coat/bag check (only been to the venue twice, I believe), and what time we can start lining up (just a heads-up, parking is limited at the venue itself).

Maddie86

yesss! I was going to drive back home after the show (about 4.5 hours) but my friend just offered me a place to crash, and they're only 6 blocks from the venue! I'm so excited for tomorrow! I think I'll get into town sometime early in the afternoon, hit the inner harbor and do some shopping, and then get to the venue around 6 or so (doors are at 8, right?)

Sunday morning I'll probably grab breakfast somewhere and then try to find a cool old cemetery to explore and then head home

Plankfan

Waiting for my bus in DC.... Excited for show #2! Hoping it's not as aggressive & chaotic as yesterday's but I will embrace and enjoy it either way :)

Also by the time I got to the merch table they were out of vinyl yesterday ... So hopefully I can snag one tonight. 

FairWarning7102

Hope everyone has a blast tonight! The DC show was incredible! Please be remember to be a respectful to the rest of the crowd though and don't get obnoxious as some did last night.

Plankfan

Apparently the bar part of the venue is opening at 6pm..not sure if/how affects anything: 

Maddie86

That's awesome! I was going to try and get there by 6 but we'll see, I'm getting dinner right now to stay out of the rain lol

pacejunkie punk
1 hour ago, Plankfan said:

Apparently the bar part of the venue is opening at 6pm..not sure if/how affects anything: 

That can often screw with the line hope the people waiting all day don’t get cut by all the people that they let in for drinks.  

Plankfan
12 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

That can often screw with the line hope the people waiting all day don’t get cut by all the people that they let in for drinks.  

Yeah...hope they let the earliest folks in first.