Todd

The Longshot - 2018/05/25 - Black Cat, Washington, District of Columbia, USA

pacejunkie punk
48 minutes ago, BCap said:

Can you even buy tickets for different shows at the same time using both the app and a computer? Or using a phone web browser and computer?

With the same login you mean I sure hope so.  Come to think of it if I login the same it may show me the same screen. I wonder if I can check out with one as a guest or use another login.

AlissaGoesRAWR
56 minutes ago, BCap said:

Can you even buy tickets for different shows at the same time using both the app and a computer? Or using a phone web browser and computer?

20 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

With the same login you mean I sure hope so.  Come to think of it if I login the same it may show me the same screen. I wonder if I can check out with one as a guest or use another login.

I've never had a problem being logged in to both the app and the computer for Ticketmaster but I can't speak for Ticketfly. 

I even (without thinking about it) bought 3 tickets to a club show during two separate transactions last tour even though there was a 2-ticket limit and I was able to use all 3 tickets. I'm not advocating doing that, but I'm just saying sometimes websites say there are restrictions that don't actually apply every time.

pacejunkie punk
7 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

I've never had a problem being logged in to both the app and the computer for Ticketmaster but I can't speak for Ticketfly. 

I even (without thinking about it) bought 3 tickets to a club show during two separate transactions last tour even though there was a 2-ticket limit and I was able to use all 3 tickets. I'm not advocating doing that, but I'm just saying sometimes websites say there are restrictions that don't actually apply every time.

So it won’t show me the same screen if I’m in under a single account, I can get in line for two different shows at once?

I think I’m gonna test it tonight and see if it works with some pretend purchases.

• Like 1

BCap

Heads up guys... I just used the app to look up info on Paramore’s show in Columbia in June, and apparently the tickets can ONLY be purchased using Ticketfly’s website. I have no idea how The Longshot’s shows will work, but this is worth considering.

pacejunkie punk
1 hour ago, BCap said:

Heads up guys... I just used the app to look up info on Paramore’s show in Columbia in June, and apparently the tickets can ONLY be purchased using Ticketfly’s website. I have no idea how The Longshot’s shows will work, but this is worth considering.

Well when I use the app to look up the show it’s listed and asks if I’d like a reminder. So I assume I’ll be able to purchase them with the app or it would have said so.

Plankfan

Got my ticket for this and Baltimore! 

• Like 1

tdlyon

Holy shit not only did I get in but so did my other two people who were trying! Can't believe all five of us managed to get tickets

I'm so happy

• Like 1

AlissaGoesRAWR

Got our tickets! :runaround:

This venue must be big (or on a bad weekend) because there are still tickets available, while all the others have sold out. :ermm:

BCap
1 minute ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Got our tickets! :runaround:

This venue must be big (or on a bad weekend) because there are still tickets available, while all the others have sold out. :ermm:

It's a small venue, but it can hold a decent amount of people.  I got one for Baltimore just two minutes ago (after refreshing for several minutes).  I had initially gotten two in my cart for each show, but Baltimore requires a name for BOTH people going, and long story short I dumped both... because I'm an idiot.  And then there were none to have.  I kept refreshing, once in a while tickets would pop up, but I was just a little too slow to get them.  Until I got one.

By the way, does anyone wanna meet up before the show?

AlissaGoesRAWR
3 minutes ago, BCap said:

It's a small venue, but it can hold a decent amount of people.  I got one for Baltimore just two minutes ago (after refreshing for several minutes).  I had initially gotten two in my cart for each show, but Baltimore requires a name for BOTH people going, and long story short I dumped both... because I'm an idiot.  And then there were none to have.  I kept refreshing, once in a while tickets would pop up, but I was just a little too slow to get them.  Until I got one.

By the way, does anyone wanna meet up before the show?

I totally understand. I was shaking entering my credit card information and was 100 percent convinced I was going to accidentally release the tickets.

I'm glad it all worked out for you though in the end! :happy:

We'll be around all day (and all weekend) so I'm sure we can meet up! I'm one of those people who usually gets to the venue really early, mostly because of nerves, but also because I've been conditioned that it's necessary to get a good place. I'm not crazy enough (anymore) to sleep on the street overnight though, haha. I wonder what time people will end up showing up to line up for this?

• Like 1

BCap
Just now, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

I totally understand. I was shaking entering my credit card information and was 100 percent convinced I was going to accidentally release the tickets.

I'm glad it all worked out for you though in the end! :happy:

We'll be around all day (and all weekend) so I'm sure we can meet up! I'm one of those people who usually gets to the venue really early, mostly because of nerves, but also because I've been conditioned that it's necessary to get a good place. I'm not crazy enough (anymore) to sleep on the street overnight though, haha. I wonder what time people will end up showing up to line up for this?

I've got work that day, but I'm gonna try to bust my ass a little extra at work during the week so I can take off early (or maybe take the day off).  Depends on how much work I've got done.  But I'll definitely be there early.  Also, I've got Cards Against Humanity, if anyone wants to play.

VivaLaSteven7

I just released one to this show

Plankfan

Got Airbnbs booked for both shows, a few mins away from each venue.  aaaaa

• Like 1

pacejunkie punk

Congrats everyone! I got lucky too so see you all at the show! 

• Like 2

WillkommenimParadies

Flying in from Germany with a friend... I decided to try to see if I could get tickets, and as I succeeded, I guess it’s meant to happen... Going to book flights and accommodation tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Lindsay

Got a ticket for this one! Going with @AlissaGoesRAWR and @Khaleesi. :D 

• Like 3

JD4SoBe

I got tickets to the Black Cat show too, so I'm flying up from Miami! Can't wait!

• Like 2

AlissaGoesRAWR

Everything's booked and ready to go! :runaround:

• Like 3

BCap

So, since this is only a week away, does anyone wanna make plans to meet up before/after the show?

PursuitOfEpicness

Pretty excited for this, I'm wondering how small and intimate it will be 

killjoywhatsername

I am so excited for this show!!! :runaround: I got nothing else to do that day so I’ll probably get there real early. 

BCap

What time should we get there to get a good spot?

• Like 1

BCap

Just thought I would let everyone know, but there is a coat check at the venue. I will try to check to see if they will accept bags (I think they do, though), since for those of us waiting on line for a while, it will be imperative to bring things like sunscreen, food, and water (this all depends on how long you’re waiting and at what time). I will also check to see what time we can start lining up.

BCap

Okay, coat/bag check is on the first floor that night (show is on the second floor), and we can line up whenever we want.

killjoywhatsername

@BCap thanks for the info! I’ve been meaning to ask about lining up since I plan on getting there early but I’ve been too lazy to email/call them lol

• Like 1