Todd

The Longshot - 2018/05/25 - Black Cat, Washington, District of Columbia, USA

So far this show seems like the most rational option for me. If traveling this far for a Green Day side project can be rational. :lol: 

• Like 1

I am an easy driving distance from DC. But........................ It is Thing 1 and Thing 2's senior prom.

sbbn.gif

I think this is my venue of choice so far. Waiting on the rest of the east coast dates to be sure.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grubby Poop said:

I am an easy driving distance from DC. But........................ It is Thing 1 and Thing 2's senior prom.

Nooooo.... well, they'll be heading off the dance around showtime anyway, right? You can make it in time. :lol:

Totally going to this. We should all try and meet up or something. Anyone gonna go to Baltimore the next day?

• Like 1

Anyone familiar with the venue?

3 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Anyone familiar with the venue?

I’ve been there a couple times, to see Zebrahead and MxPx, and the Interrupters and Swmrs (with the Regrettes). I think I also saw Bouncing Souls there. Going there in May or June, I think, to see the Regrettes again. Pretty nice venue.

1 minute ago, BCap said:

I’ve been there a couple times, to see Zebrahead and MxPx, and the Interrupters and Swmrs (with the Regrettes). I think I also saw Bouncing Souls there. Going there in May or June, I think, to see the Regrettes again. Pretty nice venue.

What’s the capacity? (Also what part of town is it in)

11 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

What’s the capacity? (Also what part of town is it in)

Somewhere online I think it said 200 people?

1 hour ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Nooooo.... well, they'll be heading off the dance around showtime anyway, right? You can make it in time. :lol:

No, it's an easy 5 hour drive. 

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Somewhere online I think it said 200 people?

Really? Seemed like more people at the shows I went to.

Edit: According to Wikipedia, the main stage is 700 capacity. I assume that that’s where they are playing.

Edit: They have a second stage which has a 200 capacity.

Edited by BCap

3 minutes ago, BCap said:

Edit: They have a second stage which has a 200 capacity.

Ahh, OK, that makes me feel better.

I think I’m gonna opt for Philly now that they’ve announced it.

So this will be fucking impossible to get tickets to right? Assuming they're doing what they did for Green Day's club tour and carding at the door

5 hours ago, tdlyon said:

So this will be fucking impossible to get tickets to right? Assuming they're doing what they did for Green Day's club tour and carding at the door

I don’t think so, if you get on the website the second they go on sale. The other shows haven’t been selling out for a few minutes (though back then few people had a clue what was going on). I still don’t think it’ll be as bad as club shows under the Green Day name.

Some shows are saying tickets are will call only (making scalping more difficult) but this one doesn’t say much... guess we’ll see when they go on sale? 

• Like 1

Just found out this one goes on sale friday at noon. I’m going to try for Philly first at 10am and if I don’t get it I’ll go for DC at 12. At least they’re not on sale at the same time so that increases my odds of getting a ticket to at least one of these shows.

4 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Just found out this one goes on sale friday at noon. I’m going to try for Philly first at 10am and if I don’t get it I’ll go for DC at 12. At least they’re not on sale at the same time so that increases my odds of getting a ticket to at least one of these shows.

Damn, that means I'm going to have to try to buy them on my shitty slow work Internet. :( 

This venue seems to be in a nice location, with a ton of hotels straight down 14th street. That helps my comfort level.

So it looks like the tickets are now on sale at 10 a.m. instead of noon, like all the other shows. That must’ve been a mistake?

1 hour ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

So it looks like the tickets are now on sale at 10 a.m. instead of noon, like all the other shows. That must’ve been a mistake?

Noooo!!!! That means I won’t be able to try for both. I’ll have to try with two devices maybe. Man that will be confusing. 😢

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Noooo!!!! That means I won’t be able to try for both. I’ll have to try with two devices maybe. Man that will be confusing. 😢

Ticketfly does have a mobile app, though I’ve never used it. But that may help you out.

I’m actually happy about the switch because I was worried if I didn’t get tickets for this show that all the others would be sold out by then. I’m just trying to go to this show but I may try for Baltimore as a back-up plan if this one sells out, so I could still visit DC for a few days and then just drive to the Baltimore show that day. 

2 hours ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Ticketfly does have a mobile app, though I’ve never used it. But that may help you out.

I’m actually happy about the switch because I was worried if I didn’t get tickets for this show that all the others would be sold out by then. I’m just trying to go to this show but I may try for Baltimore as a back-up plan if this one sells out, so I could still visit DC for a few days and then just drive to the Baltimore show that day. 

I installed the app and it’s a little messed up because the DC show comes up fine but when I search for the Philly show and select it I get a different band event entirely. I’m gonna use my computer for Philly and the app for DC (hopefully they’ll fix it though)

9 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I installed the app and it’s a little messed up because the DC show comes up fine but when I search for the Philly show and select it I get a different band event entirely. I’m gonna use my computer for Philly and the app for DC (hopefully they’ll fix it though)

I saw that too when I was clicking around earlier today. I never thought I'd say this, but I miss Ticketmaster. :P 

• Like 1

Can you even buy tickets for different shows at the same time using both the app and a computer? Or using a phone web browser and computer?