Todd

The Longshot - 2018/06/14 - Chop Suey, Seattle, Washington, USA

Todd

Tickets can be found here: https://www.ticketfly.com/search/?q=the+longshot

Bang_Shangalang

i'll be there!

adams182

I need two tickets to Longshot Seattle! Anyone selling?? :)

Todd
25 minutes ago, adams182 said:

I need two tickets to Longshot Seattle! Anyone selling?? :)

I've merged your post into the thread for the show :) 

• Thanks 1

desertrose

pacejunkie punk

This show is now June 14

sara_gd

Is anyone going to both Vancouver and Seattle and is thinking of driving after the Vancouver show? Thanks!

• Like 1

solongfromthestars

If anyone needs somewhere to stay: me and @basketcase4933 have booked a 4 person room in a hostel for the night of the show. It's $38 (£28) per person. Two beds free right now. We will be leaving around 5am so we might wake you up on our way out. Message me if you're interested!

Green Day In Seattle

Aaaaaah! I need tickets to this, but they are sold out! :cry: What do I do?! I just found out about this show and I feel like a total idiot! How does one get tickets so late notice without being ripped off? Help!

killjoywhatsername
4 hours ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

Aaaaaah! I need tickets to this, but they are sold out! :cry: What do I do?! I just found out about this show and I feel like a total idiot! How does one get tickets so late notice without being ripped off? Help!

I’m not going to the show but I know at the one I did go to there were so many people in line trying to sell their extra tickets or in some cases just gave them away, and I know others who got their tickets by showing up and buying them off of people in line. So my best suggestion is if you can go and ask around, chances are you’ll get lucky. 

Green Day In Seattle
3 hours ago, killjoywhatsername said:

I’m not going to the show but I know at the one I did go to there were so many people in line trying to sell their extra tickets or in some cases just gave them away, and I know others who got their tickets by showing up and buying them off of people in line. So my best suggestion is if you can go and ask around, chances are you’ll get lucky. 

Thank you! That's kind of what I was thinking of doing. Do you know about what time people start lining up for this? Like is there an ideal time to go and ask around for tickets?

Also, I think this show is will call only, so does that make a difference? Do I have to have the person who originally bought the ticket there show ID to get in the door?

squashie09
36 minutes ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

Thank you! That's kind of what I was thinking of doing. Do you know about what time people start lining up for this? Like is there an ideal time to go and ask around for tickets?

Also, I think this show is will call only, so does that make a difference? Do I have to have the person who originally bought the ticket there show ID to get in the door?

All of the Longshot shows have been will call only. You will have to enter with the person who bought the tickets. If the show is age restricted (I'm guessing 21+), you will need your ID. 

Green Day In Seattle
44 minutes ago, squashie09 said:

AAAAAAAAHHHH! I got a ticket! :runaround::dance::D

Thank you all so much for the advice and support! I was thinking of checking back to see if there were more tickets, but I highly doubted there would be. Turns out there were! Thanks for your help! I will take pictures!

Now I just need to figure out how to weasel my way to the front. I've been in a mosh pit only once before in my life and it wasn't very crowded. I'm pretty nervous about it tbh. Excited! But nervous.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

desertrose

Green Day In Seattle

Okay, I’m finally here. Got here about 20 minutes ago and I’m getting really nervous. There are quite a lot of people ahead of me and I’m worried that I won’t be able to get very close. I don’t know if I will be very good at fighting my way towards the front. I’m so new to mosh pits!

desertrose

solongfromthestars

That show was wild omg. My entire thighs are bruised - they're just all black! But that's a sign of a good show I guess?

I wasn't going to go front centre but I was first in line and when I saw how close I'd be I just couldn't pass up on the spot. I was being sprayed with Billie's sweat all night. It was surreal. I'd never imagined I'd ever see any member of Green Day performing so close up. I was bent over the stage for a lot of the show and it was probably one of the roughest crowds I've been in but I was so thrilled I just didn't care.

The setlist was pretty much the same. We got a slightly longer encore with Fever Blister and Million Miles Away. I tried requesting Wild One again and Billie replied "what? Mail Monday?" then "I forgot that song!"

Lots of people trying to get onstage and others passing out/having to get out all over the place. Billie said if people wanted to crowd surf or stage dive they had to go round the sides instead of over people in the centre. Which I appreciated because I had a fresh and quite big tattoo (I'm amazed it's not just mush now) :lol:

Also guys I SAW CHASING A GHOST THIS TIME. I actually saw it without 50 people on the stage or angry men on top of me and I can die now. I loved how they kept playing the last chorus over and over.

Of the 4 shows I've seen I think DC was the best show (in terms of the band's energy) and Baltimore was my favourite, followed by this one. I'm so grateful Billie chose to play these tiny venues for us because he didn't have to, but he gave us all a chance to experience something a lot of his biggest fans could never even have dreamed of. I love The Longshot so much and I don't want the tour to be over :cry:

• Like 3

desertrose

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

pacejunkie punk

pacejunkie punk

^^^ Soul Surrender was nuts. That crowd surfer came right at him and nearly knocked him over. He was quick and knocked the mic stand over instead. I guess he’s developed some quick reflexes since he’s had a tooth chipped at least twice that way. 

• Like 1

Green Day In Seattle
5 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

^^^ Soul Surrender was nuts. That crowd surfer came right at him and nearly knocked him over. He was quick and knocked the mic stand over instead. I guess he’s developed some quick reflexes since he’s had a tooth chipped at least twice that way. 

He was very quick on his feet with the dodging! :lol: There was one point where he actually said something along the lines of "Okay, if you're going to crowd surf, please either go around this way or this way." and indicated either side of him "That's all I ask."

10 hours ago, solongfromthestars said:

That show was wild omg. My entire thighs are bruised - they're just all black! But that's a sign of a good show I guess?

I definitely came away with sore hips and a bruised finger joint! :lol: Soooooo worth it, though!

I was able to get pretty close and had a great spot! I took so many pictures and video! Here are few from my Instagram. I will post the rest to my Flickr and upload my videos hopefully soon. EDIT: Here's a link to all the Flickr photos I uploaded. :happy: https://www.flickr.com/photos/lexiswildlifephotography/albums/72157697495464054

This show was absolutely incredible! Best night of my life! :wub:

• Like 3

pacejunkie punk

• Like 1

solongfromthestars
On 15/06/2018 at 3:59 PM, solongfromthestars said:

I tried requesting Wild One again and Billie replied "what? Mail Monday?" then "I forgot that song!"

I stand corrected - it wasn't "Mail Monday" it was "male bonding" :lol: :lol: 

• Haha 1

Green Day In Seattle
5 hours ago, solongfromthestars said:

I stand corrected - it wasn't "Mail Monday" it was "male bonding" :lol: :lol: 

Wow, I totally heard you! :lol: And yeah, he thought you said "male bonding".

Does anyone happen to know the setlist from this show? Also, did someone get footage of Billie giving the rest of his water to the audience? I didn't manage to film any of that. He was so sweet to do that! :wub: And boy can he chug! :lol: He downed like a third of it in about 2 seconds. Haha!