Todd

The Longshot - 2018/07/09 - Rickshaw Stop, San Francisco, California, USA

pacejunkie punk
6 minutes ago, Admiral_Needa said:

I have a video of that, and others too if you want me to post them... They were white and had the band's name on it :cool:

I’d love to see everything you have. I just watched the ones you’ve put up so far they’re great 👍  Would love to see Fell For You, Love Is For Losers and Turn Me Loose for starters. Thank you!

• Like 1

Admiral_Needa
12 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I’d love to see everything you have. I just watched the ones you’ve put up so far they’re great 👍  Would love to see Fell For You, Love Is For Losers and Turn Me Loose for starters. Thank you!

Here it is! You can see Billie Joe point to a paper plane flying by at ~2:40, and again at the end at ~3:30, when Kevin throws a plane which landed on stage back into the crowd :toocool:

• Thanks 1

squashie09

@Admiral_Needa your videos are always appreciated! Please upload what you have.

• Like 3

Admiral_Needa
25 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

And here are the other 2 you mentioned! Great energy and a great show! :lol:

At ~2:30, Billie Joe jumps into the fans, then falls on his back coming back on to the stage lol :ga:

• Like 1

pacejunkie punk
7 minutes ago, Admiral_Needa said:

And here are the other 2 you mentioned! Great energy and a great show! :lol:

At ~2:30, Billie Joe jumps into the fans, then falls on his back coming back on to the stage lol :ga:

😲😲😲 Oh shit! That looked like it had to hurt!  

• Like 1

BrendanL
20 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

😲😲😲 Oh shit! That looked like it had to hurt!  

He fell quite hard and looked a bit rattled for a second, but carried on like a champ!

• Like 1

pacejunkie punk
3 minutes ago, BrendanL said:

He fell quite hard and looked a bit rattled for a second, but carried on like a champ!

I think Kevin broke his fall 😄 But his head barely missed the drums. Lucky 😬 He had to be feeling that today.

• Like 1

Montclare

Thank you for these @Admiral_Needa!  Do you have Chasing a Ghost?

• Like 1

solongfromthestars

This show was so good :wub: I arrived at 5am which was waaay too early because no one really showed up until noon. But I would have panicked otherwise so it was fine.

Some things that come to mind were the paper planes and Kevin pausing Ziggy Stardust to change the lyric to "Billie played guitar." I have an "I searched the winter for the bride of Frankenstein" tattoo and after Billie just stared at it for ages  in Seattle, him and Kevin joined in turning to me in that line :lol:

Billie was pretty savage with the crowd surfers - he just moved and blanked them except for pulling them off the crowd. Then Hans took them off straight away. Seemed like he'd really run out of patience for it this time. Can't say I'm sorry 😛

• Like 1

Admiral_Needa
50 minutes ago, Montclare said:

Thank you for these @Admiral_Needa!  Do you have Chasing a Ghost?

Thanks for your comments and it was nice meeting you! I do! Here it is! :ga:

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

squashie09
1 hour ago, BrendanL said:

It looked like they (not purposefully) threw him back on the stage. I did an “oh shit” face watching it happen. 

• Haha 1

Montclare
12 minutes ago, Admiral_Needa said:

Thanks for your comments and it was nice meeting you! I do! Here it is! :ga:

Thank you!  It was good meeting you too!

• Like 1

gaslight13
4 hours ago, solongfromthestars said:

Billie was pretty savage with the crowd surfers - he just moved and blanked them except for pulling them off the crowd. Then Hans took them off straight away. Seemed like he'd really run out of patience for it this time. Can't say I'm sorry 😛

I think it probably annoys him when they go right for him because he's tryin to play and doesn't need his teeth getting knocked out. He has mentioned that people need to land on either side of him. I don't think he has an issue with it otherwise though. He can't really engage with them or they'll overstay their welcome, haha. 

Jane Lannister
58 minutes ago, gaslight13 said:

doesn't need his teeth getting knocked out. 

Yeah they were expensive 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

solongfromthestars
1 hour ago, gaslight13 said:

I think it probably annoys him when they go right for him because he's tryin to play and doesn't need his teeth getting knocked out. He has mentioned that people need to land on either side of him. I don't think he has an issue with it otherwise though. He can't really engage with them or they'll overstay their welcome, haha. 

I guess that's getting back into a pointless discussion since none of us know exactly how he feels. I just found it funny how different his attitude was to the shows like DC.

desertrose

• Like 2

BrendanL
14 hours ago, squashie09 said:

It looked like they (not purposefully) threw him back on the stage. I did an “oh shit” face watching it happen. 

Yeah, he got thrown back on stage and then kind of fell backwards. I made the exact same face.

15 hours ago, solongfromthestars said:

It was kind of funny how he’d just move out of the way and let them crash onto the stage - then again, there’s not much else he could have done. I was doing my best to send the crowd surfers around Billie rather than into him, easier said than done of course. I felt like I still spent a majority of the night either picking up Billie’s fallen mic stand, or steadying it so it didn’t fall!

• Like 2

squashie09
15 minutes ago, BrendanL said:

It was kind of funny how he’d just move out of the way and let them crash onto the stage - then again, there’s not much else he could have done. I was doing my best to send the crowd surfers around Billie rather than into him, easier said than done of course. I felt like I still spent a majority of the night either picking up Billie’s fallen mic stand, or steadying it so it didn’t fall!

They should have paid you to be the floor stage hand! 😄 Nice work.

• Haha 1

BrendanL

A little late, but I wanted to post a brief recap like I usually do:

Waiting in line was quite fun in the afternoon, Zach from Frankie and the Studs came out and chatted with us, and him and I were playing catch with a football across the street. Seemed like a genuine dude and a badass musician too. 

The show itself was sick but honestly such a blur; listening to the Longshot in the car the next day it was like, “oh yeah, I remember they played that last night”. I finally got my ideal spot, front row (which I haven’t been before) on Billie Joe’s right monitor. I was so close to him that it felt more like a private Billie Joe performance than a Longshot show, as I hardly ever looked at Jeff or Kevin! There was a girl at the show from Argentina, who had Billie’s denim Revolution Radio vest that he wore on the last tour (she was kind enough to let me try it on!). She was trying her hardest to get his attention throughout the set to show him the jacket, but to no avail - although I saw her later on and it sounds like she was one of the only people to talk to him after the show, so I was very happy for her. Also @solongfromthestars pleasure to meet you and your mum, please give her my best and have a safe trip home. 

Just such a sick show overall and so, so different than a Green Day one, and even very different from the show last night in Santa Ana. I know I’ll peobably never be that close to Billie again, and I’ll never forget it.

https://instagram.com/p/BlEDY0rAIuLEd2DLa9Wz0hE5CoT-DPUI-vWLnw0/

Edit: that link won’t work since my account is private. In a few days when I’m not on mobile I’ll see if I can upload a couple of pictures and videos 

Edited by BrendanL
Clarifying broken Instagram link
  • Like 3

gaslight13
14 hours ago, solongfromthestars said:

I guess that's getting back into a pointless discussion since none of us know exactly how he feels. I just found it funny how different his attitude was to the shows like DC.

True, no one can know for sure. I’m just basing this off what Bill said when asked about how Billie feels about it. And what Billie has said (from inviting people up to asking them to go to either side of him. And common sense regarding what would happen if he interacted with everyone who came up.

desertrose

solongfromthestars

Was great to meet you too @BrendanL! So glad you had such a good time. I felt exactly the same way about the small Longshot shows being almost like a private performance. This show was definitely my favourite of the two we both saw. Hopefully we'll see you again soon!

Montclare

@Admiral_Needa Do you happen to have Neat Neat Neat?  I've only been able to find low quality Instagram footage of it.