Todd

The Longshot - 2018/05/07 - The Hi Hat, Los Angeles, California, USA

Tickets can be found here: https://www.ticketfly.com/search/?q=the+longshot

damn this sold out in like 1 second. was waiting at 10am, refreshing my page and all that and still couldn't snag a ticket. if anyone has an extra they are selling, i'd be happy to buy it off you!

I was there for the countdown for Phoenix tickets and it immediately sold out! 😡

9 minutes ago, straighttohell said:

damn this sold out in like 1 second. was waiting at 10am, refreshing my page and all that and still couldn't snag a ticket. if anyone has an extra they are selling, i'd be happy to buy it off you!

Yeah, I happen to know there were only a few of the allotted amount that even went on sale.

I already had 4 at will call so I might have an extra.  I'll let you know closer to game time.

I will say that my friend Rebecca scored 2 tickets on ticketfly she just called me quite jubilated.  She kept trying for 2 as she kept reloading.  Ticketfly gives a ridiculous 10 minutes or something and they will hold the tickets.  You need to keep hitting refresh but you have to hit "CMD-R" (on Mac) and you literally (she said) had to have your mouse near the +1 when it goes away from "None available" and then when the people that have like 20 in carts all over the place, they become available but get scooped up by the quickest.  She said she got 1 at about 10:10 and another at around 10:20 but she had to get them one at a time.  She said at least 10 times they showed available, she would hit 2 and then get denied but when she did 1 she was able to get it, twice.

LMK if you can't find an extra. I have 3 definitely accounted for and if I can convince one of my other friends to go with me, that one is taken but if not, it's yours, unless @Khaleesi. decides to go.  She is my goddess and if she's down, it's hers.  So that's your status with my 4th ticket.  

Same thing happened to me. I'd love to know how many tickets they actually released for this show. Also looking for one if anyone has an extra available!

LaughingClock - I'm interested in your additional ticket if it remains unspoken for. First drink is on me!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mozzabillie said:

I was there for the countdown for Phoenix tickets and it immediately sold out! 😡

Again, read above.  That's the only way you guys are gonna get tickets.  The bots scoop them up along with the people rabidly trying to get them especially since it's LA and the album is getting a lot of steam.  They are only allowed to sell about 300 or maybe even less, minus the amount they have listed for themselves and the band. Hi Hat is a brand new venue who was bought by a team of people that are buying bars all over Hollywood/LA, this is a billiard hall which has been converted to be able to play live music which is easy to do since it is a category 4 denotation.

It's in a very artistic area of LA for music but this is supposed to be the big comeback bar for this area which is lacking music venues.  This is a major get for them.  I am concerned about the neighborhood though as the reason the venues started closing around there is because people were complaining in the neighborhood.  Well this will be my second and I am really looking forward to this one.  Missed yesterday because I was sick. :(

3 minutes ago, silver said:

Same thing happened to me. I'd love to know how many tickets they actually released for this show. Also looking for one if anyone has an extra available!

LaughingClock - I'm interested in your additional ticket if it remains unspoken for. First drink is on me!

Now you're talking. I am not immune to bribes. ;) For real though, if I don't have a fourth that is a STRONG BJA or GD fan, I will give it to someone here.  I usually just get a plus one but somehow I ended up with 4 tix to this one which doesn't bode well for how many they are selling (I mean the venue to the public.  God I hope it's not an LA industry crowd which I don't think it will be based on the district.  This area is a musical neighborhood.  Full of artistic types.  Should be fun) . :-X

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

Yeah, I happen to know there were only a few of the allotted amount that even went on sale.

I already had 4 at will call so I might have an extra.  I'll let you know closer to game time.

I will say that my friend Rebecca scored 2 tickets on ticketfly she just called me quite jubilated.  She kept trying for 2 as she kept reloading.  Ticketfly gives a ridiculous 10 minutes or something and they will hold the tickets.  You need to keep hitting refresh but you have to hit "CMD-R" (on Mac) and you literally (she said) had to have your mouse near the +1 when it goes away from "None available" and then when the people that have like 20 in carts all over the place, they become available but get scooped up by the quickest.  She said she got 1 at about 10:10 and another at around 10:20 but she had to get them one at a time.  She said at least 10 times they showed available, she would hit 2 and then get denied but when she did 1 she was able to get it, twice.

LMK if you can't find an extra. I have 3 definitely accounted for and if I can convince one of my other friends to go with me, that one is taken but if not, it's yours, unless @Khaleesi. decides to go.  She is my goddess and if she's down, it's hers.  So that's your status with my 4th ticket.  

thank you! appreciate you even considering selling one if you don't end up using it for someone else. i did exactly what your friend did, spent like 20 minutes just refreshing and clicking the buy button, and a handful of times the option to buy one popped up, so i chose 1 ticket, and clicked purchase, and then it would say, sold out. most times it wouldn't even give the option of choosing a ticket amount but would just say 'none available'. but yeah, still no dice either way. this same thing happened to me during the rev rad club tour unfortunately. its a bummer, but i get it, the dude has an incredible fan base. and thats just the way the cookie crumbles i guess. but yeah, if you end up having an extra, i'd happily buy it off of you, and buy you a bunch of drinks at the show... either way have a blast. cheers

• Like 1

1 minute ago, straighttohell said:

thank you! appreciate you even considering selling one if you don't end up using it for someone else. i did exactly what your friend did, spent like 20 minutes just refreshing and clicking the buy button, and a handful of times the option to buy one popped up, so i chose 1 ticket, and clicked purchase, and then it would say, sold out. most times it wouldn't even give the option of choosing a ticket amount but would just say 'none available'. but yeah, still no dice either way. this same thing happened to me during the rev rad club tour unfortunately. its a bummer, but i get it, the dude has an incredible fan base. and thats just the way the cookie crumbles i guess. but yeah, if you end up having an extra, i'd happily buy it off of you, and buy you a bunch of drinks at the show... either way have a blast. cheers

Yeah, sorry.

I just went to check for you and it now says "off sale".  The whole time it said otherwise, there were still tickets available.  Reb told me that she in the middle of refreshing went to her phone and asked SIRI what the shortcut for RELOAD is and she said she only got it when she had her mouse near the add ticket button or whatever it was saying and she was able to do it twice with that method.  It's good for you she did because she would have been my 4th for sure but she got 2 singles separately.  Good luck and I'll keep whoever in mind. 

BTW, keep in mind that this one is 21+ I think.

Late guys.  Good luck.

3 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

Again, read above.  That's the only way you guys are gonna get tickets.  The bots scoop them up along with the people rabidly trying to get them especially since it's LA and the album is getting a lot of steam.  They are only allowed to sell about 300 or maybe even less, minus the amount they have listed for themselves and the band. Hi Hat is a brand new venue who was bought by a team of people that are buying bars all over Hollywood/LA, this is a billiard hall which has been converted to be able to play live music which is easy to do since it is a category 4 denotation.

It's in a very artistic area of LA for music but this is supposed to be the big comeback bar for this area which is lacking music venues.  This is a major get for them.  I am concerned about the neighborhood though as the reason the venues started closing around there is because people were complaining in the neighborhood.  Well this will be my second and I am really looking forward to this one.  Missed yesterday because I was sick. :(

Now you're talking. I am not immune to bribes. ;) For real though, if I don't have a fourth that is a STRONG BJA or GD fan, I will give it to someone here.  I usually just get a plus one but somehow I ended up with 4 tix to this one which doesn't bode well for how many they are selling (I mean the venue to the public.  God I hope it's not an LA industry crowd which I don't think it will be based on the district.  This area is a musical neighborhood.  Full of artistic types.  Should be fun) . :-X

u nailed it about the hi hat. i've played there a bunch with my band and it'd be an insanely fun venue to see them play. the neighborhood is rad also, a bunch of cool shops, bars and food spots, it'd be a damn shame if they shut it down. seems perfect for that street. hopefully this show is good for them. so many of the great punk and rock n roll spots in LA have been getting shut down or only do that kind of music during the week, and have to do more EDM and dance stuff on weekends, which is understandable, but still a bummer. crossing my fingers this place sticks around a while

2 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

Yeah, sorry.

I just went to check for you and it now says "off sale".  The whole time it said otherwise, there were still tickets available.  Reb told me that she in the middle of refreshing went to her phone and asked SIRI what the shortcut for RELOAD is and she said she only got it when she had her mouse near the add ticket button or whatever it was saying and she was able to do it twice with that method.  It's good for you she did because she would have been my 4th for sure but she got 2 singles separately.  Good luck and I'll keep whoever in mind. 

BTW, keep in mind that this one is 21+ I think.

Late guys.  Good luck.

word, thanks pal

• Like 1

If anyone is selling tickets , let me knoww ! Myy heart 💔

42 minutes ago, straighttohell said:

u nailed it about the hi hat. i've played there a bunch with my band and it'd be an insanely fun venue to see them play. the neighborhood is rad also, a bunch of cool shops, bars and food spots, it'd be a damn shame if they shut it down. seems perfect for that street. hopefully this show is good for them. so many of the great punk and rock n roll spots in LA have been getting shut down or only do that kind of music during the week, and have to do more EDM and dance stuff on weekends, which is understandable, but still a bummer. crossing my fingers this place sticks around a while

It's in good hands.  I know Dustin (one of the co-owners) and he is one of the smartest venue owners in town.  He mostly has been buying bars but between him and the Houston Brothers (No Vacancy, Par Vous, et al), LA is really going through a VERY good venue run.  The new guys are coming in and bringing back the strip but places like Highland Park is where the real up and coming artists, (like The Longshot, lol) go.

What's the name of your band?  I'll go take a listen.

As far as EDM on the weekends, yup, I'm sorry for being semi-responsible for that. :-X  (In general). I've been throwing "raves" and now "EDM", both terms I fucking hate since 1995 when it was actually an underground subculture that arose out of the Chicago house scene which the term "house music" gets its name from the old "Warehouse" venue where Frankie Knuckles (RIP) literally created the music when disco was declared dead.  Nobody was making dance music anymore and so he decided to make a 4 on the floor which is the pound pound pound pound sound you hear in house music and it's only because Frankie didn't know how to make disco tracks.  The sound made it's way to Britain where it became an underground gay scene and true subculture and then that made it's way back to NY and Cali and then there was Florida breaks, then came Jungle and DnB and I watched it all happen and I loved it.  To me, electro was my punk rock.  That was my subculture when I was a kid.  I just love Green Day and some other punk bands, like the early Beastie Boys.  The cultures are extraordinarily similar.  

What the fuck am I talking about again?

• Like 2

I feel like I’m the only one who had no issues at all, refreshed the page right at 10 and got my single ticket

I just got one - at 1:27pm! They must have released a bunch because there are more available for anyone who still needs one

• Like 1

Same here they just released more tickets I grabbed one 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, silver said:

I just got one - at 1:27pm! They must have released a bunch because there are more available for anyone who still needs one

It's seems to back to off sale. I had a feeling they would release more.  Ticketfly and their venues always pull that to get you to come back (ad dollars).  Sweet! Well done.

7 hours ago, LaughingClock said:

It's in good hands.  I know Dustin (one of the co-owners) and he is one of the smartest venue owners in town.  He mostly has been buying bars but between him and the Houston Brothers (No Vacancy, Par Vous, et al), LA is really going through a VERY good venue run.  The new guys are coming in and bringing back the strip but places like Highland Park is where the real up and coming artists, (like The Longshot, lol) go.

I'll have to forgive you for the EDM :lol: Some is great but I'm a bit old for it. 

Glad to hear there is revitalization going on in the LA music scene! Last time I was there I didn't find many venues. Hope to find some other local bands playing the weekend before this show.

I saw where the one in Phoenix had a sale in the afternoon where you had to have a promotional code. I have no idea what promotion was having it, though. Of course, I didn't have the code. I'm used to getting tickets on a computer but I was at work and was having to use my phone.

The  show is now sold out :(

On 4/27/2018 at 11:11 AM, LaughingClock said:

What's the name of your band?  I'll go take a listen.

As far as EDM on the weekends, yup, I'm sorry for being semi-responsible for that. :-X  (In general). I've been throwing "raves" and now "EDM", both terms I fucking hate since 1995 when it was actually an underground subculture that arose out of the Chicago house scene which the term "house music" gets its name from the old "Warehouse" venue where Frankie Knuckles (RIP) literally created the music when disco was declared dead.  Nobody was making dance music anymore and so he decided to make a 4 on the floor which is the pound pound pound pound sound you hear in house music and it's only because Frankie didn't know how to make disco tracks.  The sound made it's way to Britain where it became an underground gay scene and true subculture and then that made it's way back to NY and Cali and then there was Florida breaks, then came Jungle and DnB and I watched it all happen and I loved it.  To me, electro was my punk rock.  That was my subculture when I was a kid.  I just love Green Day and some other punk bands, like the early Beastie Boys.  The cultures are extraordinarily similar.  

What the fuck am I talking about again?

haha no need to be sorry, nothing wrong with edm. everything you're talking about is fucking wild. i don't know much at all about electronic music but i can definitely understand what you are saying about the similarities in culture, and how for millions of kids, raves and electronic music were their punk rock. makes complete sense and is cool as shit. super interesting actually. I'm sure there are a lot of parallels that can be drawn from different underground subcultures, underground hip hop, noise, jazz, hardcore, folk, goth etc... 

Hey everyone! Josie here, I've been posting on social media that I am looking for a ticket, couldn't buy one and I live here in LA. Totally sucks...if anyone is selling an extra please let me know!!! Or message me on fb/instagram @ Josie supernovae, thank you!

I had to go to the venue tonight to take care of some business. 

Took a couple pics. Place is pretty dope and small:

5pn2j8.jpg

4q4ie8.jpg

29yrxmx.jpg

29boaav.jpg

• Thanks 1

My friend and I were both lucky enough to snag tickets so we have 2 extra.  I have some people interested from Craigslist but they both have issues (won't show up until 9pm and ghosted me when I brought up payment...) hahaha Anybody still looking?  It is will call only so you'll have to meet up with us to enter unless The Hi Hat will let me leave them under a different name once I "pick up" my ticket.  Anyhow, let me know....

Please let me know if one of the two tix is still available. I am the real deal, how much are you asking. I would never ghost you, but I would jump around like a monkey to hear chasing a ghost one more time live. Lets talk via text once you dm me! I will shoot you my #, lets lock it up!

3 hours ago, dollydlux said:

My friend and I were both lucky enough to snag tickets so we have 2 extra.  I have some people interested from Craigslist but they both have issues (won't show up until 9pm and ghosted me when I brought up payment...) hahaha Anybody still looking?  It is will call only so you'll have to meet up with us to enter unless The Hi Hat will let me leave them under a different name once I "pick up" my ticket.  Anyhow, let me know....

Just messaged you!!

• Love 1

Sorry guys...as of now my two extra tickets are spoken for. If something changes I will let you guys know. If you live close enough you should come down just in case...I’m sure there will be people there with extras for sale. Especially with this whole will

call pickup only thing.