Longshot album Love is for Losers

Eric

4 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

So it's available to download in some places?

Just like every album, it's rolling out as different locales hit midnight.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

So it's available to download in some places?

Yes indeed 

but not on Spotify yet

my favourites at first are 

1. Turn me Loose

2. Soul surrender

3. Cult hero 

39 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

I’m hoping for a physical release mainly to see if my theory that it’s just Billie on the album 

Oh hell, we better get a physical release, I was counting on that :lol:

I had never heard that Devilsong before (if it was in OW I don't remember it)

Anyway just found it on YouTube... overrated!

Apparently this was posted on the @loserclub (its private) instagram: (album credit). The account below also has a screenshot that says the record will be available at 11pm EST tonight.

53 minutes ago, dudley dawson said:

We've heard the song.  We know how good it is.  I just want to know why it wasn't included after all the hints that it would be.

Because Billie's a little shit who doesn't take care to avoid saying things that might inadvertently get people's hopes up :lol:. Probably just a change of plan where they decided they don't want it on there for whatever reason (eg to save it for something else or just because they think the album works better without it).

Wow so Billie played all the instruments on each song (except for the drums on one).  Impressive.

"Joey Armstrong plays drums on Happiness" :wub:

9 minutes ago, dudley dawson said:

Wow so Billie played all the instruments on each song (except for the drums on one).  Impressive.

Does that mean he played them all or just wrote them all though? I would assume wrote....but then I wonder why is Joey mentioned for playing drums on a song and no other band members anywhere. Hmm. I wish he'd just explain who's done what :lol: 

Its a sin not to include Devils Kind, that live video from the SF show was amazing. However I'm more than ready for this I'm just waiting for iTunes to get on the same page!

1 minute ago, Hermione said:

Does that mean he played them all or just wrote them all though? I would assume wrote....but then I wonder why is Joey mentioned for playing drums on a song and no other band members anywhere. Hmm. I wish he'd just explain who's done what :lol: 

It’s him solo except on Happiness 

2 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I'm pretty positive that Billie alone played it all as it seemed this whole time. Incredible talent

2 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Played them all, otherwise it would list who played what (like it does for his son).

Wow I'd assumed the live band was the band. Well if it's really just him that's super cool!

Why not mention it anywhere though? Like, he's not really giving the impression that it's a solo album when he never said it is and then just started putting out artwork of 4 people and playing it live as a band. Just seems weird and unnecessary to me that the fact it's a solo album has been totally covered up and downplayed :P 

It might sound oxymoronic, but it's such a lovely record to listen to, a light-hearted and extremely fun half an hour of good music.
Of course, the songs flow is not perfect, if someone wants to play the game of "compare the album to this and that" the tracks are certainly missing the input of two experienced musicians as Mike and Tré. But fuck it, it's an extremely enjoyable project and the fact that Billie's hands are basically behind everything is actually impressive. The album has a character and it's a pretty damn good one, there are several songs that will probably accompany me in the next months. Can't ask for more. Just enjoy the music and have fun ;) 

I love that he's done the entire thing by himself, but then had Joey play on that one song. That's so sweet.:wub:

Just now, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

I love that he's done the entire thing by himself, but then had Joey play on that one song. That's so sweet.:wub:

Especially when you consider the clip of it that he posted with the picture of baby Joey on his lap playing drums. I get it now. Aww

6 hours ago, Hermione said:

At least we still already have a version of Devil's Kind though. I'd rather get one of the other new songs than just a better quality version of a song we already have.

But it is kind of weird it isn't on there especially when there's 11 tracks! Don't they know 12 is the perfect amount for an album? :P 

13 is the PERFECT amount, but anyway.  :)

The Devil's Kind on youtube is very good quality, I've been driving around listening to it for a couple days now.  It is truly loved by so many of us, I'm hoping that maybe they are holding onto it for a future release.  Billie could rework it a bit with re-writes, or leave the lyrics the same and just have Mike and Tre work their magic over the whole thing. 

But Love is for Losers if a solid album, even without that fantastic song  I know it's going to be an amazing 32 minute journey of bliss.  

I can't believe that It's coming out before I've spoiled it for myself already.  Sure I've heard 6 songs, but the rest I've only heard the live performances!   

Something tells me DK is gonna be included on that 1-2-3-4 Go! Records special edition. Maybe as a 7” single

I am fucking loving this. Great vibes from this album, I just know I'll be listening to it on repeat all summer long :wub:

The album has completely leaked, yet there's literally nothing on YouTube, which is surprising. Still haven't really heard the album myself, being here in California.

• Hermione changed the title to Longshot album Love is for Losers

Archived