Longshot album Love is for Losers

Eric

1 minute ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

I'm gonna slow down the track to find out.

I'm uploading an un-edited version X0

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Todd said:

Highway 1 is not a proper bonus track. That is another song that was left off the final album. It is only available online in crappy quality, is not available to purchase anywhere, and doesn’t appear on any physical releases. 

Publicly available physical releases, that is.

6 minutes ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

I'm gonna slow down the track to find out.

Listen. I had the decent track and speeded it up. Now slowing it down f***ed all of the quality lol

https://vocaroo.com/i/s15ukZEAfrFK

2 hours 'till April 20 here so... album will be up in 2 hours on Spotify? In the meantime... lol

https://vocaroo.com/i/s0MUxum3EBuL

Quit whinging about the devils kind!! This is a longshot album and this song was not written for this project..it's an old song, a billie joe song, not a green day song or a longshot song. It's an album full of new music and it's the best that we will get until the next GD album. Which could be a couple of years away yet. ..anyway I like what I've heard and personal thinks all the songs appart from body bag, are better than the entire rev rad album..

2 minutes ago, dookmeister333 said:

Quit whinging about the devils kind!! This is a longshot album and this song was not written for this project..it's an old song, a billie joe song, not a green day song or a longshot song. It's an album full of new music and it's the best that we will get until the next GD album. Which could be a couple of years away yet. ..anyway I like what I've heard and personal thinks all the songs appart from body bag, are better than the entire rev rad album..

Nah, ''Body Bag'' was off Ordinary World the movie, like ''Devil's Kind'' and ''Oridnary World'' the song, Lol It's no tragedy, the album could be good anywyas but... it's not that great when you delete it from the setlist the day before its release.

8 minutes ago, dookmeister333 said:

Lots of songs here weren't written for The Longshot and just ended up here because Billie had the songs. There is another one from Ordinary World and also a song that was written for and used in "These Paper Bullets". The Longshot have also been playing Devils Kind at there shows so it was expected by fans that it would be in there.

There's a big difference between being upset Devil's Kind was cut and calling the band incompetent for not including it. Don't make things personal. Billie didn't cut it to offend you. It's his record.

1 minute ago, DookieLukie said:

There's a big difference between being upset Devil's Kind was cut and calling the band incompetent for not including it. Don't make things personal. Billie didn't cut it to offend you. It's his record.

Who called them incompetent? All I see are comments of surprise and disappointment but nothing personal against anyone. Mostly I’m just wondering what the thought was behind the decision not to include it or is it still part of some future release.

12 minutes ago, Alan86 said:

Lots of songs here weren't written for The Longshot and just ended up here because Billie had the songs. There is another one from Ordinary World and also a song that was written for and used in "These Paper Bullets". The Longshot have also been playing Devils Kind at there shows so it was expected by fans that it would be in there.

I'm quite aware that these songs were probably written already and a couple are from the film, what I'm saying is that it's not the end of the world that it's not on the album..we have heard it countless amounts of times but with most of the rest of the songs, they are all new to us and should appreciate the songs rather than getting pissy about the devils kind not being on the album. Its not on there because they chose for it not to be, or felt that it didn't fall into place on the album. And as for playing it live and it not being on the album..Shit happens, it was part of the set because he wanted to play it live..he didn't play it to hint to the audience that it will be in the new album...asumption is the mother of all fuck ups...

I highly doubt it, but maybe Devil's Kind will be on the album except under a different name?

If I were new to this discussion, I would think that "Devil's Kind" is the greatest thing since sliced bread. We're freaking out over a song that didn't even make a side project album, let alone a Green Day album. :ermm:

4 minutes ago, Matt. said:

If I were new to this discussion, I would think that "Devil's Kind" is the greatest thing since sliced bread. We're freaking out over a song that didn't even make a side project album, let alone a Green Day album. :ermm:

Exactly!! Well said that man.

5 hours ago, Eric said:

Billie is a fool on this album! :lol: 

Ha. Sorry.  I just erased a few words to make you say that.  I know that wasn't the spirit of your post. Please forgive, was just playing.

Makes me think.  Everyone so catty around here, can you imagine what the mods with do if someone posted this:

"well then go fuck your self you stupid piece of shit. If that’s the way you feel about mass destruction and murder then fuck off. Stay the fuck off my Instagram and don’t come back. Don’t listen to my fucking records. I have no problem telling ignorant fucks like you to go to hell. That goes for any other stupid fucks that think this behavior should normalized. Get the fuck out!"

I could be wrong but I don't really think Billie cares what his fans that disagree with him think. lol.

9 minutes ago, Matt. said:

We've heard the song.  We know how good it is.  I just want to know why it wasn't included after all the hints that it would be.

I've been listening to the previews a bit, and I'm not sure about this, and I can't be until I hear things in full a fair few times - but I am thinking maybe I prefer the live version for "The Last Time" to the recorded? I think maybe it's the fact that it's Billie doing the lead vocals and the BVs. In the live version when it's Jeff and the Prima Donna guys, it's refreshing and cool and makes it sound like a unit, more like a call and response thing. Idk... any one know what I mean? 

39 minutes ago, dookmeister333 said:

Half the songs weren't written for this project so do you want to try again?

1 minute ago, dudley dawson said:

Half the songs weren't written for this project so do you want to try again?

People need to CALM DOWN on this forum. DAMN son. It's just the Longshot record dude. 

I would've liked to have Devil's Kind on there a lot more than Body Bag, but that doesn't make me less happy that the album is finally out :happy: After not being overly excited about the EP, I fell in love with some of the songs thanks to the live versions, so I can't wait to hear them on the album! 

I also really hope we'll get more of the songs Billie wrote for These Paper Bullets in the future, I still wish there was a way I could've seen that play.

4 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

Ha. Sorry.  I just erased a few words to make you say that.  I know that wasn't the spirit of your post. Please forgive, was just playing.

Makes me think.  Everyone so catty around here, can you imagine what the mods with do if someone posted this:

"well then go fuck your self you stupid piece of shit. If that’s the way you feel about mass destruction and murder then fuck off. Stay the fuck off my Instagram and don’t come back. Don’t listen to my fucking records. I have no problem telling ignorant fucks like you to go to hell. That goes for any other stupid fucks that think this behavior should normalized. Get the fuck out!"

I could be wrong but I don't really think Billie cares what his fans that disagree with him think. lol.

I don't think it's catty or wrong for people to be confused or disappointed about the absence of Devil's Kind. I definitely think it's an odd decision to cut arguably the best song of the bunch out of the album, especially when it's a song that feels like it could belong on an album with the rest of the songs

I’m hoping for a physical release mainly to see if my theory that it’s just Billie on the album 

Im from Germany

its 11.03 pm 

i just purchased the debut LP of The Longshot

28 minutes ago, dookmeister333 said:

I'm quite aware that these songs were probably written already and a couple are from the film, what I'm saying is that it's not the end of the world that it's not on the album..we have heard it countless amounts of times but with most of the rest of the songs, they are all new to us and should appreciate the songs rather than getting pissy about the devils kind not being on the album. Its not on there because they chose for it not to be, or felt that it didn't fall into place on the album. And as for playing it live and it not being on the album..Shit happens, it was part of the set because he wanted to play it live..he didn't play it to hint to the audience that it will be in the new album...asumption is the mother of all fuck ups...

:confused:

Available on Apple Music and iTunes everywhere in Europe (continental at least). 

5 minutes ago, J a c said:

Available on Apple Music and iTunes everywhere in Europe (continental at least). 

Not in the UK yet, hopefully in the next couple of hours. 

• Hermione changed the title to Longshot album Love is for Losers

Archived