Longshot album Love is for Losers

Eric

FYI, the Reddit album thread is pretty much overtaken with people complaining about Devil's Kind.  So, we're not alone lol.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Creating this hype, and selling all the Devil’s Kind single Records on RSD 😛

10 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Goddamn it why are they using such shitty artwork for the album cover when every single other piece of Longshot artwork they've created is fabulous and would've been a better choice :mad:

That car looks awesome 😕

• Hermione locked this topic
5 minutes ago, J a c said:

Fuck Devil’s Kind I want Fever Blister :P 

Yeah I would've liked to hear a studio version of that song too. I think the difference is that Devil's Kind was expected and hinted to be on the album

• Hermione unlocked this topic
30 minutes ago, Grubby Poop said:

The Last Time is from the play Billie Joe wrote the music for, These Paper Bullets. The play was a modern take on Much Ado About Nothing centered around a Beatles-eque band. The entire score sounds like the Beatles and is fantastic!

Of course, thanks, that completely slipped my mind. It's long overdue that I go and listen to some of those songs.

I 'm just glad for some new music and an album.  Maybe Devil's Kind will show up on another project?

This thread should have been called "Why are we being fuck over like this? Give us 'Devils Kind' now" 

Oh well, A missed opportunity :P

I saw people questioning why the album is only on the AU iTunes - I'm not sure if it's already been answered but obviously Australia are a day ahead... so they set the release date for April 20th worldwide, and so Au got it first! Expect it at midnight, wherever you are!

ps I'm bummed about Devil's Kind as well. Body Bag made it but DK didn't... urmmmm 

Oh hey I split the album discussion from the Longshot thread so it can have its own thread here

• Hermione changed the title to Longshot album Love is for Losers coming April 20th
48 minutes ago, disappearingfs said:

This thing that peeps from the UK get stuff sooner needs a break. #RevUK

Is the last track a cover? They could have release that one as a bonus track...

The US literally get everything can the UK not have this one thing 

Just listening to the preview via the AU itunes listing (I'm in the US), I'm liking it so far. Good road trip tunes just in time for all of my travels next month. 

Im listening to them all on apple preview. Not sure why but every song reminds me of another song.  I felt the same way about FHT. I am sure Devil's Kind will appear somewhere.

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Because he’s done bonus tracks before. The FBHT had an extra bonus track (Highway 1) that wasn’t on the album.

It’s under Crush Music which is a division of Warners.

Highway 1 is not a proper bonus track. That is another song that was left off the final album. It is only available online in crappy quality, is not available to purchase anywhere, and doesn’t appear on any physical releases. 

4/20 no devil's kind. Don't blaze it.

Ahem:

I mean, it's a release. So woo! 

19 minutes ago, Todd said:

Highway 1 is not a proper bonus track. That is another song that was left off the final album. It is only available online in crappy quality, is not available to purchase anywhere, and doesn’t appear on any physical releases. 

Dude, you’re making me think we’re not going to see a release of Devil’s Kind :cry:

What's wrong with Les Skunks' version of devils kind anyway? 

57 minutes ago, desertrose said:

I 'm just glad for some new music and an album.  Maybe Devil's Kind will show up on another project?

I'm glad, too but.. waiting for another project to hear ''Devil's Kind'' means:

WAIT FOR THE LONGSHOT TO GET BORED

WAIT FOR GREEN DAY TO RELEASE ANOTHER RECORD

WAIT FOR GREEN DAY TO GET BORED

WAIT FOR BILLIE JOE TO GET BORED AND START ANOTHER PROJECT

WAIT FOR BILLIE JOE TO RELEASE A NEW SIDE PROJECT LP

WAIT FOR HIM TO RELEASE ''DEVIL'S KIND'' AS A BONUS TRACK OFF THAT LP

IN CASE YOU'RE NOT THAT LUCKY, WELL, START AGAIN

7 minutes ago, Invention Convention said:

What's wrong with Les Skunks' version of devils kind anyway? 

Nothing but it was never officially released so all I have of it is a crappy quality You Tube rip of a recording from the movie credits. I’d like a better quality mix from iTunes.

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Nothing but it was never officially released so all I have of it is a crappy quality You Tube rip of a recording from the movie credits. I’d like a better quality mix from iTunes.

Those versions ripped from the movie are not that disastrous but a dirtier and studio quality version from the Longshot would be the tops!

3 hours ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

GOTTA HEADBANG FAST.

Haha, I really recorded 6 guitars and a few backing vocal tracks, I don't know if they are audible at all LOL

2 minutes ago, disappearingfs said:

Haha, I really recorded 6 guitars and a few backing vocal tracks, I don't know if they are audible at all LOL

I'm gonna slow down the track to find out.

• Hermione changed the title to Longshot album Love is for Losers

Archived