Longshot album Love is for Losers

Eric

31 minutes ago, gaslight13 said:

They cover Bastards of Young live.

I think they meant studio covers. But he does way more live covers than studio covers anyway, it’s a distinction without a difference really.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any word on whether the album will be released on CD?

1 hour ago, kaylubd said:

Any word on whether the album will be released on CD?

As of now no. I lost hope in a CD coming out. The Longshot are about to play their last couple shows for the foreseeable future and then I have a feeling that the project will go silent for a while.

Received the shipping confirmation for the picture disc at 5pm today!

3 minutes ago, Biddymc said:

I am really going to miss this  side project.  It was fun.

Same. BUT we have the videos and may, just maybe (🤞) he'll keep the insta account going during the off time.

1 minute ago, squashie09 said:

Same. BUT we have the videos and may, just maybe (🤞) he'll keep the insta account going during the off time.

Man, I really hope so.  The Longshot account is so great for its fanbase and lack of trolls.  His BJA account gets a lot of trash talk, but Longshot is only got the love.

I wouldn't worry too much about this project being gone. I have a feeling it won't be gone for long. He seems to be having too much fun with it to just stop it completely now. I imagine maybe he will take some time off, work on Green Day stuff and once that is done do some more Longshot stuff. 

Looking at pics from the concert last night it’s weird to see Billie with a pedal board 

On 6/8/2018 at 12:13 PM, DookieLukie said:

Kill Your Friends has really grown on me. Any ideas on what it is about?

Sounds like it's about all the school shootings and what not to me. Like an updated Having a Blast for a new generation.

• 1 month later...

I am just now listening to all of the Longshot stuff. The album is the best music i've heard in a while! I absolutely love the 80's vibe to some of the songs. Regarding the EP's, I freaked out when I heard the cover of A Million Miles Away - I couldn't stop smiling! I love the original, but leave it to Billie to make it sound even better. ;) 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, hym.jarred said:

Theory: The girl in chasing a ghost is actually about cocaine. "white girl" 

Hm. I assumed it was Lady Cobra but it can work for both which is cool.

14 minutes ago, hym.jarred said:

Theory: The girl in chasing a ghost is actually about cocaine. "white girl" 

then maybe the girl in trilogy is too. Seems like they're the same - be it a person or a metaphor.

• Hermione changed the title to Longshot album Love is for Losers

A lot of the songs are about drug use IMO. "Chasing a Ghost" sounds like he's reflecting on past good times that involve drugs. "Soul Surrender" sounds like he's talking about Adrienne supporting him during rehab. The verses sound like a time in rehab and detoxing. "I got a case of burning cold" and "I think I need a long vacation to keep me clean..." sound a lot like rehab to me. "Turn Me Loose" sounds like someone trying to convince someone they don't have a problem with drugs, or like a speech you give your friends when they take your keys. "I got the shakes but I'm alright" and "So turn me loose I'm only gonna stagger" sounds like the drunk friend making light of their problem.

He sounds like he has a cold when he sings it so it's hard to tell :P. I had no idea what he was saying there, did think it might be "burning" something but now you mention it I think vertigo is more likely.

I'm pretty sure it's "I've got a case of letting go"

Also every song is definitely about Amanda.

Archived