Longshot album Love is for Losers

Eric

1 hour ago, Nightlife said:

Still loving this and still in awe that our ol' billo made this pretty much by himself 

I can't get enough of it. It's the perfect road trip soundtrack.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, squashie09 said:

I can't get enough of it. It's the perfect road trip soundtrack.

Could not agree more. It’s one of the best car albums in a while.

If there ever was an album full of songs that were “Don’t Stop Me Now” by Queen, it would be the perfect car ride.

I listen to listenability in a car as a style “car music”

By far the, the best travel song:

About to take a dip. Hopefully immerse. :)

Wish this person who missed, like, everything good luck. :D

1 minute ago, Iva said:

About to take a dip. Hopefully immerse. :)

Wish this person who missed, like, everything good luck. :D

Hey Iva! I'm quite jealous of you still having the first listen to look forward to :lol:. You'll have to check out the EPs and Devil's Kind too.

Will do. :) And remember - if it hadn't been for you, I wouldn't have known that my lame download of RR was mono or a transcode.

Still need to get the album...this never happened before. ;(  Stupid 2017.

This album is honestly one of my favourite things Billie has done. It's so relatable - it deals with something we all go through, which is actually really dark, masked by catchy tunes. I love how he's tied it up with a few Trilogy songs and covers like Walking Out On Love they were playing around that time. That was all released when I got into my first relationship and the whole lost/forbidden love theme has resonated with me ever since. Some of the lines - like "I searched the winter for the bride of Frankenstein" and "so turn me loose, but don't call me a loser with dumb tattoos" - hit me in a way I'd kind of forgotten music could. I am so, so grateful (and I don't use that word lightly) I've been able to see these songs live in such intimate settings. My ultimate Green Day dream come true, really.

Here's a shameless plug of my write up about it.

I also drew some fanart for the first time in years which says a lot about how much I love this album :lol: 

7 minutes ago, solongfromthestars said:

"so turn me loose, but don't call me a loser with dumb tattoos"

Is that the actual lyric?

5 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

From the live audio I'd say I'm sure it is? It's definitely not "dog tag tales" or whatever it is A-Z Lyrics says

I'm guessing when the longshot announce their World tour - kicking off in OZ we will be able to get a physical copy.:pinch::confused:

10 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Sounds like that really clearly to me too

Great write up @solongfromthestars

Love this album more every day. Favorite thing Billie has done since FBHT. It has so much energy and passion, something recent GD music has seemed to lack.

6 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

, something recent GD music has seemed to lack.

I agree with you except this part.  Although RevRad is not one of my favourites I believe there is a fair bit of heartfelt lyrics in there not to mention the energy of Bang Bang & Tre's drumming is outstanding.

Kill Your Friends has really grown on me. Any ideas on what it is about?

1 hour ago, DookieLukie said:

Kill Your Friends has really grown on me. Any ideas on what it is about?

Killing your friends

On 5/29/2018 at 12:28 PM, American Basket Case said:

Amazon has the vinyl for pre-order on its site here.  It's $18.98 and is supposed to be released on July 27, 2018.  This actually showed up on Amazon a few days ago, but nobody here seems to have mentioned it yet.  So far, it only seems to be on Amazon USA's site.  I'm hoping this means we'll get a CD release, too....

I was wondering about any updates on this and I just checked your link and it says "vinyl unavailable", hmm

12 hours ago, Maddie86 said:

I was wondering about any updates on this and I just checked your link and it says "vinyl unavailable", hmm

I was wondering if the preorders were stopped to allow more focus on the Turn It Around bundles. From what I remember the release date was late July so plenty of time for it to reappear (hopefully). 

17 hours ago, Maddie86 said:

Yeah, it's been that way for a couple days now.  However, as of this post, it's still listed on Amazon's German page here with a release date of July 20, 2018.  Do pre-orders sell out?  I have no idea.  I also checked another US store that did have it listed for pre-order, and it now says "This item is not available at this time."  The demand for a physical release (CD, vinyl) is certainly there.  Maybe someone else on GDC  has more info?   

3 hours ago, American Basket Case said:

Yeah, it's been that way for a couple days now.  However, as of this post, it's still listed on Amazon's German page here with a release date of July 20, 2018.  Do pre-orders sell out?  I have no idea.  I also checked another US store that did have it listed for pre-order, and it now says "This item is not available at this time."  The demand for a physical release (CD, vinyl) is certainly there.  Maybe someone else on GDC  has more info?   

The only time Ive done a pre-order on Amazon was for Broadway Idiot - I had no problems.  I would have thought this being a CD that there will be more options of buying so Im going to wait & see how it will be released.

So I finally decided to listen to the title track after it was on my recommended list on YouTube and boy it's as mediocre as it could be. I wouldn't mind this much if not for the overly edited vocals. If the whole record sounds like this then I won't bother listening to the rest. At least I hope they kick ass live, can't expect anything less than that from Billie.

2 hours ago, T@l said:

So I finally decided to listen to the title track after it was on my recommended list on YouTube and boy it's as mediocre as it could be. I wouldn't mind this much if not for the overly edited vocals. If the whole record sounds like this then I won't bother listening to the rest. At least I hope they kick ass live, can't expect anything less than that from Billie.

I don't really get why people seem to think LIFL is such a great song but there are good songs on there. Soul Surrender, Cult Hero, Turn Me Loose and Happiness. All good songs! I'd avoid Body Bag and Taxi Driver though *Yawn*

15 hours ago, T@l said:

You should listen to the rest. Title track (as title tracks often are) is one of the most mediocre songs. I was one of the people who complained about the vocal effects when we first heard a couple of songs but over the whole album you don't notice it, the overall sound is good and fits the style of the songs. And Devil's Kind is the best and the EPs are great too, the album's quite short so I listen to them all together. On the album and EPs there's awesome covers, some 60s type songs from the Beatles style musical Billie wrote for, and loads of fun original songs with classic rock vibes. Haven't been to a show myself but from all the footage and what everyone's said they look amazing, as intimate and energetic as FBHT. I highly recommend The Longshot.

5 hours ago, Hermione said:

You should listen to the rest. Title track (as title tracks often are) is one of the most mediocre songs. I was one of the people who complained about the vocal effects when we first heard a couple of songs but over the whole album you don't notice it, the overall sound is good and fits the style of the songs. 

Oh, wow, I totally forgot about how much we (myself included) were complaining about the vocal filters when it first came out.  I don't even notice them now. :lol:  And have nothing but love for the album.

Bodybag is the only song on the album i really dont like. I dont even know why just whenever i listen to the album "Oh no, Bodybag's next" is on my mind when its coming up xP

2 hours ago, Montclare said:

Oh, wow, I totally forgot about how much we (myself included) were complaining about the vocal filters when it first came out.  I don't even notice them now. :lol:  And have nothing but love for the album.

Yeah it's so weird because it genuinely sounded so extreme just from the first 2 or 3 songs :lol:. Don't notice any problem with the vocals at all now and they sound perfectly clear. I guess it must just fit seamlessly with the style of the album somehow, whatever effect it is it works for it.

• Hermione changed the title to Longshot album Love is for Losers

Archived