Longshot album Love is for Losers

Eric

1 minute ago, inthehallwaynow said:

8: Something i'll be crying about for the rest of my life

9. Exactly.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I knew from clues there were 11 tracks but we had 12 songs counted (I didn’t know there was a title track song so LIFL was extra) so I was wondered how it was going to go. I thought since Taxi Driver was a B side on the 7” that it would be left off the album and DK would be on. He also could have released DK on the EP, not sure why not.

I'm sorry to break everyone's dreams (and mine too) but... why are you so sure about bonus tracks, b-sides and stuff existence? XO I don't know why Billie Joe should put out bonus tracks when he already released an EP and a full lenght album. The only fair reason would be... well, ''Devil's Kind''. Ugh. Billie Joe, that's not ok:

source.gif

I'm a little surprised that he released the EP one week and then the album the next, cant say I've seen that before.  Is there not a likelihood this will cut sales of the album?  Has he something up his sleeve? 

2 minutes ago, jengd said:

I'm a little surprised that he released the EP one week and then the album the next, cant say I've seen that before.  Is there not a likelihood this will cut sales of the album?  Has he something up his sleeve? 

I don't think he cares about albums' sales at this point. Also considering it's a side project so... who cares, fuck the Ghost, give us the Devil's kind.

He probably doesn't but you would think whatever record company is putting it out for him, if indeed there is ever a CD release, would.  I know we say him pressing come vinyl, but what record company is it under?

No Devil’s Kind and looks like the terrible EP artwork is going to be the actual album cover also......he really does know how to fuck things up sometimes :lol:

ACCURACY:

Me about the EP, the album and whatever....

Hocus-Pocus-thora-birch-38112650-500-277

Me about the EP, the album and whatever without ''Devil's Kind''...

98caa9c4db379902b518beb4e3455745.gif

PS: I love you, soulmate.

10 minutes ago, disappearingfs said:

I'm sorry to break everyone's dreams (and mine too) but... why are you so sure about bonus tracks, b-sides and stuff existence? XO I don't know why Billie Joe should put out bonus tracks when he already released an EP and a full lenght album. The only fair reason would be... well, ''Devil's Kind''. Ugh. Billie Joe, that's not ok:

Because he’s done bonus tracks before. The FBHT had an extra bonus track (Highway 1) that wasn’t on the album.

4 minutes ago, jengd said:

He probably doesn't but you would think whatever record company is putting it out for him, if indeed there is ever a CD release, would.  I know we say him pressing come vinyl, but what record company is it under?

It’s under Crush Music which is a division of Warners.

@pacejunkie punk thanks, can't see it anywhere, nothing on iTunes or YouTube unusually and couldn't remember but thought it wasn't as straightforward as just Warners!

Just now, pacejunkie punk said:

Because he’s done bonus tracks before. The FBHT had an extra bonus track (Highway 1) that wasn’t on the album.

Oh yes, it makes sense... even thought I still think it's pretty hard for that to happen. I mean, why not on the CD? X0

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

actually Highway 1 was on the original FBHT EP it was replaced by the other songs on the full length 

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

CRUSH MUSIC:

Crushes you dreams.

Scrapping you songs.

i love this album... devils kind is such an awesome song i know... but cant u enjoy the album without a song that will sooner or later be released? 

1 minute ago, WhiteTim said:

actually Highway 1 was on the original FBHT EP it was replaced by the other songs on the full length 

It's a good marketing strategy, if you think... Pay for the EP. Pay for the LP. Pay for the ''Devil's Kind''. Uh. I'm waiting for the UN-FILTERED DELUXE VERSION of these 3 records.

source.gif

2 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

I think it was the song 'Broadway' which took its place.

Was there something at time about them not wanting to have a song about drink driving in a stolen car on the album?

1 minute ago, disappearingfs said:

It's a good marketing strategy, if you think... Pay for the EP. Pay for the LP. Pay for the ''Devil's Kind''. Uh. I'm waiting for the UN-FILTERED DELUXE VERSION of these 3 records.

the FBHT ep was free download before they announced the Green Day connection if i remember correctly 

Just now, Alan86 said:

Was there something at time about them not wanting to have a song about drink driving in a stolen car on the album?

Thought that was about DUI on Shenanigans, did Billie not say something like "we're irresponsible but not that irresponsible"?

I cannot believe people think not having Devil's Kind ruins the album. We are being a bunch of debbie downers today. From what I heard, the album sounds great. 

1 minute ago, Alan86 said:

''Broadway'' is a masterpiece, I never liked ''Highway 1'' and I'm so happy it's not on my FBHT precious original compact disc.

tumblr_onv644Cr8b1rpduwho1_500.gif

Just now, disappearingfs said:

''Broadway'' is a masterpiece, I never liked ''Highway 1'' and I'm so happy it's not on my FBHT precious original compact disc.

you're wrong lol 

3 minutes ago, jengd said:

Thought that was about DUI on Shenanigans, did Billie not say something like "we're irresponsible but not that irresponsible"?

Maybe I'm mixing the two together then, although I am aware DUI was definitely pulled for a that reason.  Maybe it was just that they didnt want to officially release a song about speeding around in a stolen car.

1 minute ago, Alan86 said:

Maybe Im mixing up the two so,  maybe it was just that they didnt want to officially release a song about speeding around in a stolen car.

Maybe it was banned in a few States and they didn't want to damage the record's sales...

• Hermione changed the title to Longshot album Love is for Losers
  • Hermione locked and unlocked this topic

Archived