Longshot album Love is for Losers

Eric

6 hours ago, Kuromignonne said:

I hear like @Too Dumb to Die(s) "Someday when all this is over"

I thought so at first too but listen to it when he sings it live he definitely says hell freezes over and now I hear it clearly on the record.

3 hours ago, SHART said:

This song has really grown on me - want to tell me the meaning😊

Anyone.....

I immediately thought of the way I felt after the 10th, 20th and 100th recent mass shootings we’ve had in the country.  At some point it makes you feel fatalistic and you throw up your hands and say fuck it, we’re all gonna die let’s just party. It’s a darkly funny sarcastic song about losing hope. 

Lyrically it reminds me of the song Fixing to Die Rag by Country Joe and the Fish. That was about Vietnam with a similar snarky, sarcastic tone:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm falling more and more in love with these songs every time I listen to them :wub: 

I finally had the opportunity to listen to the album from beginning to end. All I can say is WOW! I think it is just fantastic. Even the songs I didn't like at first, I love after listening to them in better quality, like Happiness. My standouts are: The Last Time, Chasing A Ghost, Cult Hero, Kill Your Friends, Turn Me Loose and Goodbye to Romance. But there really isn't a bad song on it at all. I am very pleased.

Even though The Longshot is cool and they make some fun, catchy songs, I think my favorite side project is a toss up between The Network and Foxboro Hot Tubs.

18 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Soul Surrender is the one song I’m having a hard time connecting with. The melody doesn’t stay in my head, it has a country twang I don’t like and I’m not sure what the song is about. Love the whole album but this is the only one giving me trouble. 😕

Thats my favorite actually haha. Music taste is a funny thing

It's funny, because I think The Last Time is my favorite song of the record and well, that's actually a very basic song with four chords and shit.

And that's all it takes to make me happy. haha

Really digging a lot of these tunes, but some of them sound depressing for me. Makes it difficult to listen to the album in one go. Most of Green Day's albums tend to have a set mood, and if it wants to change, it's usually gradual. The moods change on Love is for Losers quickly without much warning. The songs are not bad, in fact a lot are excellent. I just personally prefer the tracklist to be rearranged.

Can "Devil's Kind" still be included as part of the album and not just as a single? Since vinyl will take months according to Billie...

2 minutes ago, ¡Nunes! said:

Can "Devil's Kind" still be included as part of the album and not just as a single? Since vinyl will take months according to Billie...

It would be legit, at least... To me the Ozzy cover was good as a b-side (b-side, well, this word is pretty mislead nowadays, Lol), rather than '''Devil's Kind''. But I don't think so...

7 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

The title track has over half a million streams on Spotify already. Not bad.

Most of those were probably me tbh.:lol:

How does Spotify's count work?  I listen to it offline whilst walking - its obviously encrypted somehow.

The one I wonder about is Youtube counts.  Are only posts by the artist counted?  So many other people put copies of the artist/songs up; are those counted?  If so, how?

3 minutes ago, SHART said:

How does Spotify's count work?  I listen to it offline whilst walking - its obviously encrypted somehow.

Dunno, but your new ava and rank are great.

3 minutes ago, amberwhite said:

Dunno, but your new ava and rank are great.

I haven't been around for a while I have to work my way back into the awards:happyhands:

1 minute ago, SHART said:

I haven't been around for a while I have to work my way back into the awards:happyhands:

I had to look at your rank. Clean teeth are kissable. Crooked nasty teeth are not. You lose

5 minutes ago, Montclare said:

The one I wonder about is Youtube counts.  Are only posts by the artist counted?  So many other people put copies of the artist/songs up; are those counted?  If so, how?

The artist only gets paid on the official view.... I think

2 minutes ago, Grubby Poop said:

I had to look at your rank. Clean teeth are kissable. Crooked nasty teeth are not. You lose

How does it taste to kiss teeth? I kissed almost every piece of a woman's body but... Lol, never thought about teeth. I lose, too.

1 minute ago, disappearingfs said:

How does it taste to kiss teeth? I kissed almost every piece of a woman's body but... Lol, never thought about teeth. I lose, too.

If you have kissed someone and never got near their teeth you are doing something wrong

6 minutes ago, Grubby Poop said:

If you have kissed someone and never got near their teeth you are doing something wrong

Haha, well, yes... sometimes it happens by mistake but... I guess it's different doing it by purpose, that's why I asked, Lol

• Hermione changed the title to Longshot album Love is for Losers

Archived