Eric

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Or a video for Happiness with Joey on drums? 😉

ok, now I'm going crazy hahahaha

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Not to jump the gun or anything but just in case, how were tickets for the US tour sold? I never paid enough attention, was the sale always announced in advance so you could be ready for it?

Online through the club/bar/theater's site. Will call pick up only with ID and Credit card used to make the purchase. Only 2 tickets per credit card.

5 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Not to jump the gun or anything but just in case, how were tickets for the US tour sold? I never paid enough attention, was the sale always announced in advance so you could be ready for it?

Yeah they were announced in advance, so I hope IF they come to Europe they won't just play some surprise shows without giving us the chance to make plans, then I'd be seriously pissed:lol:

Prima Donna is playing shows in the US at the end of this month, so I don't think Billie is here for Longshot-business. But maybe he's checking out venues to come back later:creep:

8 minutes ago, Alf said:

I thought about a SWMRS music video

I think the rest of SWMRS is still in Cali. Max posted a story from the studio yesterday of Cole tracking guitar & vocals.

2 minutes ago, Alf said:

ok, now I'm going crazy hahahaha

I’m not expecting it but that would be adorable

1 minute ago, Thatsername said:

Yeah they were announced in advance, so I hope IF they come to Europe they won't just play some surprise shows without giving us the chance to make plans, then I'd be seriously pissed:lol:

Prima Donna is playing shows in the US at the end of this month, so I don't think Billie is here for Longshot-business. But maybe he's checking out venues to come back later:creep:

Possibly. I thought maybe the Cannes Film Festival, but that was last month. GIVE US CLUES, BILLIE! (we know you're watching us...)

Just now, squashie09 said:

I think the rest of SMRS is still in Cali. Max posted a story from the studio yesterday of Cole tracking guitar & vocals.

Interesting. Happiness video please!

Does anyone know if Prima Donna have played in England since 2012? I was going to see them for a second time that year but the show got cancelled on the day because there was some legal issue that meant one of them wasn't allowed into the country. And I don't know if they've ever come back. And I don't know which member was the problem. If the Longshot couldn't come here because of that.......

7 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Does anyone know if Prima Donna have played shows in England since 2012? I was going to see them for a second time that year but the show got cancelled on the day because there was some legal issue that meant one of them wasn't allowed into the country. And I don't know if they've ever come back. And I don't know which member was the problem. If the Longshot couldn't come here because of that.......

That’s funny. Aaron’s book tells a great story of David getting strip searched by airport security on the 21CB tour. Maybe one of them had a bust while traveling. That tour was pretty nuts.

Maybe they're stopping in France on their way to Italy for Billie's family tree business.

Did some digging. According to this post by lucyoucannes they there for Cannes Lion International Festival of Creativity (June 18-22). Can someone who speaks french (@Thatsername), translate what the caption says more clearly?

10 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

That’s funny. Aaron’s book tells a great story of David getting strip searched by airport security on the 21CB tour. Maybe one of them had a bust while traveling. That tour was pretty nuts.

Hmm they did come here after that happened though (Asia tour early 2010, then they came here late 2010, couldn't get in mid 2012). This is just a fear in the back of my mind now lol. Their site doesn't mention them being here after that but I thought maybe they were, I need to find out.

EDIT: Oh wait I'm wrong lol, they have been here after 2012 it was just written as UK rather than England. I'm so relieved :lol:. So yeah I endorse the Longshot doing a European tour now :P 

1 minute ago, squashie09 said:

Did some digging. According to this post by lucyoucannes they there for Cannes Lion International Festival of Creativity (June 18-22). Can someone who speaks french, translate what the caption says more clearly?

The translation is there in the caption below the French.

I love living in OZ but bloody hell why does it  have to be so far away.  :mad:

On 6/20/2018 at 7:17 PM, Hermione said:

Does anyone know if Prima Donna have played in England since 2012? I was going to see them for a second time that year but the show got cancelled on the day because there was some legal issue that meant one of them wasn't allowed into the country. And I don't know if they've ever come back. And I don't know which member was the problem. If the Longshot couldn't come here because of that.......

someone asked Kevin on insta when/if they are coming to Europe with Prima Donna and he replied saying autumn/winter. so... whatever that means! dont know if that would say anything about longshot tour, but definitely a Prima Donna tour in the cards.

7 hours ago, xsam_ said:

someone asked Kevin on insta when/if they are coming to Europe with Prima Donna and he replied saying autumn/winter. so... whatever that means! dont know if that would say anything about longshot tour, but definitely a Prima Donna tour in the cards.

Thanks! I realised they have already been back anyway, I was worrying for nothing haha

On 20/6/2018 at 1:25 PM, squashie09 said:

Did some digging. According to this post by lucyoucannes they there for Cannes Lion International Festival of Creativity (June 18-22). Can someone who speaks french (@Thatsername), translate what the caption says more clearly?

The part in english is the translation of the french text.

• 2 weeks later...

Amazon says pre-order the vinyl - was there something mentioned about the cd being released at the end of the month - or did I dream this?

Just listened to the EPs for the first time in ages. I only listened to them like 2 or 3 times when they were released. There are a few misses for me, but there are some damn good songs and damn good covers in there!

Aww man, I really want that poster! I especially like how they used an ad from the old Katz drug store. I own a baseball cap made by Ebbets Field Flannels with their logo (they once sponsored a baseball team).

After listening to everything The Longshot recorded, I realized that Green Day/Billie Joe have now done studio covers of most of their major influences. Maybe just a couple bands left they haven't done. I'm surprised there's no Replacements cover yet. The Cheap Trick cover was a pleasant surprise, but I know Billie Joe has mentioned his fondness of Southern Girls before. I remember he once posted another band's cover of it on social media somewhere at some point in the past.

10 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Just listened to the EPs for the first time in ages. I only listened to them like 2 or 3 times when they were released. There are a few misses for me, but there are some damn good songs and damn good covers in there!

I love them! I have all the Longshot songs as one big playlist so I don't even think of them as separate now. Still listening to it every day, perfect summer music.

Billie's voice is kind of strange in Kill Your Friends. He pronounces a lot of the words like, extra clearly (eg "your loved ones"), and does stuff like saying "roo needs eulogies" :lol:. I like it though, it sounds cool. There's a bit of it going on in other songs too. I'm a fan of how his voice is sounding right now.

On 7/8/2018 at 2:09 AM, Insomniac186 said:

Aww man, I really want that poster! I especially like how they used an ad from the old Katz drug store. I own a baseball cap made by Ebbets Field Flannels with their logo (they once sponsored a baseball team).

After listening to everything The Longshot recorded, I realized that Green Day/Billie Joe have now done studio covers of most of their major influences. Maybe just a couple bands left they haven't done. I'm surprised there's no Replacements cover yet. The Cheap Trick cover was a pleasant surprise, but I know Billie Joe has mentioned his fondness of Southern Girls before. I remember he once posted another band's cover of it on social media somewhere at some point in the past.

They cover Bastards of Young live.

• Hermione changed the title to Longshot album Love is for Losers

Archived