What do you want their next album to sound like?

Dragonwolf2864

I'd love to them doing something more alternative kind of like the cure, the strokes or something dream-pop like alvvays or beach house. But I am sure it will never happen 😅

I think Billie's voice is limited to how much green day can experiment same with Anthony kields with RHCP

• Like 2

Dismissal:   

The sequel to Warning:  

Some parts of Cigarettes and Valentine will be used, as will some parts that sound very much like American Idiot.   Some minor things have a Network type vibe.  

My wishlist for the next album is that A. It actually sounds good through speakers and not much quieter than everything else. And B. Yeah less vocal filsters... give me the Billie vocals from the Kids in America cover!

• Like 1

I want either another rock opera or something new that they havent done before

Edited by Elxufinnishidiot

Something harder like Insomniac or something more intricate and detailed like 21CB.

• Like 3

Hope sounds like father of all (because what I want never happens)

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I hope these times are inspiring him to write songs that are about taking action or that really express his feelings in an honest way as opposed to another escape into fuck it, let’s drink, do drugs and party.  It turned out to be oddly appropriate but I don’t want to go there twice, regardless of the sound of the album. I’m more concerned about the message. It’s not that I want them to do another American Idiot, but I do want them to take these times seriously and express that in the music.  That doesn’t mean it has to be depressing sounding, but I want the subjects to have some weight. I can’t believe he doesn’t have more to say.

Yes and song like this make the best albums.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2020 at 5:40 PM, nopride84 said:

wouldnt mind a new album with more songs like junkies on a high or network type songs. 

Junkies wearing masks.

Roshambo on the Roof Tonight

Yeah!

Green Day could stand to absorb some of the side project sounds for sure, since they aren't doing much.  

I still want a Rodeo Queens record. 

• Like 2

Between Corona and everything that's going on with society I'd imagine theres a good amount of shit to write about. Musically I hope its more.classicsly Green Day. And I actually like FOAM a lot but I miss the usual GD mold.

• Like 1

At this point I believe it’s entirely up to what mood Billie’s in. If he’s still in the party like there’s no tomorrow mode, we’ll get another FOAM, if not, there’s a lot else to write about these days.

• Like 3

20 tracks.

80 minutes.

Half fast. Half slow.

Half long. Half short.

Green Day start wearing Slipknot-esque masks.  

Extreme profanity and offensive lyrics.

Billie looks like Marilyn Manson.

They have Morrisey tour with them just to confound people.

A sadness sadder than anything Billie has ever written.

And then a sequel to Youngblood called Middle Aged Liquid. 

• Haha 1

10000 Penguins with Scottish accents bouncing ice.

Mike Dirt destroying furniture and playing bass.

Tre watches youtube video and uses a keyboard.

Billiie Joe on synth and yoddling. 

• Like 1

Doobie Brothers vibes through a GG Allin filter.  Maybe feature vocals from his corpse or something. 

I agree with some of the points on here. I just want to hear music with passion and conviction behind it. I think the Longshot record had the passion and genuinely personal lyrics. I'd say RevRad for the most part had conviction too. Whenever they do these "party" records, it just comes across as so fake and uninspiring. Like they're trying to be who they're not. Except for FBHT because that record is insanely good, but it was heavily tongue in cheek (which they're good at) and had deep messages behind the glitz and glam.

• Like 2