What do you want their next album to sound like?

Dragonwolf2864

On 5/17/2018 at 2:34 AM, Hermione said:

Hey since we already have this thread for talking about how we'd like the next album to sound I've merged your thread with it and discussion can carry on here :) 

This, I like Nightlife but they haven't done a song with a proper rap artist yet and I still dream of that.

The idea of KFAD part 2 intrigues me :lol:. Like another song on the subject or another ska influenced song with horns etc? It seems like a one off song to me.

Both your ideas rolled into one:

King for a Day II (Featuring Tyler the Creator)  

He seems like a rapper that wouldn't mind cross dressing.  

On 5/17/2018 at 7:50 AM, localinsomniac said:

According to the Wiki page for the album, Ronnie Blake recorded trumpet parts for Bouncing Off the Wall. I admit though, I can't hear it at all, but if I had to guess it's underneath the guitar solo.

huh. interesting.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I don't care what they do. All I want is a top-quality produced album, similar to AI or 21st Century. Rev Rad was a bit lacking in the production. 

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
On 7/14/2018 at 5:34 AM, SatansMinion said:

I think it's best that they don't have a "next album." 

Maybe this one will be the last considering the surfeit of drug use surrounding the band these days? One can only hope.

Edited by SatansMinion
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

I want the next album to have the lyrics like Longshot or revrad, and for the production to be like AI. As far as sound I want something experimental and not glam rock lol. If it has hints if glam rock that’s all good but I don’t want Billie trying to not sound like himself. 

• Like 1

I'd like a mature album with a lot of detail like 21CB or AI. I want clear production like Nimrod.

• Like 1

The vocals from Nimrod.

Bass from Dookie.

Guitar from Rev Rad.

Drums from American Idiot. 

Songwriting from Breakdown.

Weirdnness of Uno and Dos.

3 hours ago, That Dude said:

The vocals from Nimrod.

Bass from Dookie.

Guitar from Rev Rad.

Drums from American Idiot. 

Songwriting from Breakdown.

Weirdnness of Uno and Dos.

Artwork from Tre

Producer from Warning

Sales numbers of 39 Smooth

• Like 2

They can do whatever they want at this point, but all I ask is that it's not total garbage. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Joe. said:

They can do whatever they want at this point, but all I ask is that it's not total garbage. 

It seems none of them want to put the work in any more. I’d be happy for them to prove me wrong with the next album (and I do really enjoy the songs on FOAM, it just feels like it was the most low effort album they ever made) 

• Like 1

I like that you all seem to assume that Billie Joe has this total control of the stuff that he writes.

I can promise you, he doesn't. Creativity is such a weird thing, especially at this level of ambition.

Stuff like bad vocal filters, yeah, he can skip that, but all the stuff about what to write about and such. Whatever comes comes. You can't force good ideas.

I think we all yearn for an ambitious Green Day record. An American Idiot for the present time. But in the end, it all comes down to whether Billie Joe's creative juices are flowing. And I'm so sorry to say, but that doesn't seem to be the case lately. The spark is gone

6 hours ago, Sheenius said:

Artwork from Tre

Producer from Warning

Sales numbers of 39 Smooth

Yeah, you get it!  

Some other things on my wish list are for it to be total garbage and for them to put as little work and effort into it as possible.    To save money and effort, I say they just keep on using the FOAM album art and slap a big #2 on it (using the same red goop from before, even though it's all crusty and hard).  

All the song titles are the same, but with "2" written beside them.   

@pacejunkie punk and @Joe.

3 hours ago, That Dude said:

Yeah, you get it!  

Some other things on my wish list are for it to be total garbage and for them to put as little work and effort into it as possible.    To save money and effort, I say they just keep on using the FOAM album art and slap a big #2 on it (using the same red goop from before, even though it's all crusty and hard).  

All the song titles are the same, but with "2" written beside them.   

@pacejunkie punk and @Joe.

I hope it's released the same way as C&V

7 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

I hope it's released the same way as C&V

The whole album will be played live in concert, wedged between Viva La Gloria and Burnout on a live album, and then never played or heard from again.   

YES! 

I kind of want Green Day to make an album that would be a huge departure from their usual formula. Like Nimrod, but leaps and bounds more experimental. Something that sounds so different that you wouldn't even guess it's Green Day from the initial listen. More songs that are as experimental as Monk's Keys would be awesome!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ham Pascale said:

I kind of want Green Day to make an album that would be a huge departure from their usual formula. Like Nimrod, but leaps and bounds more experimental. Something that sounds so different that you wouldn't even guess it's Green Day from the initial listen. More songs that are as experimental as Monk's Keys would be awesome!

Green Day goes prog rock!

• Like 2