What do you want their next album to sound like?

Dragonwolf2864

6 hours ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

Wait - I was looking at Rev Rad wikipedia page and now there are some more guys listed under personal - ALONG WITH THE BAND!
Looks like Mic Garfield is playing guitar with Green Day now, along with Andrew Micheals on piano and Organs.  

How come the personal on Rev Rad keeps changing every time I look it up?   One minute it's three guys in a studio, the next there's half a trillion song writing credits because some of the songs kind of sound like other songs.   Then there's trumpets and pianos, and organs, and glockenspiels.........

Well this is an un-referenced addition to the page so it's likely false. There's no source stating that it's true. And, whoever's added it listed it under the Green Day section rather than Additional personnel which is also false because these people aren't members of the band.

Don't trust wikipedia unless there's a source confirming something to be true.

Although, I do recall something similar happening with the trilogy. The Uno wiki page had a bunch of songwriting credits added somewhat recently I believe

6 hours ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

This thread's been dead, what with all The Longshot business.   The Longshot will play postponed dates, sure, but I think that the end of their original tour dates are still going to be the secret beginnings of Green Day XIII.   

So they were supposed to wrap it up around June 2nd or so.  Billie sneaks back into the studio with his two best friends, along with a stack of songs and ideas he's been working on.  He's probably got at least a skeleton album created within his mind and scribbles.  I'm thinking a couple weeks later - June 16th: Green Day start tinkering in the studio.   

They record from June 16th 2018 to January 28th, 2019.   They will release it about 3 months after that.....May 3rd, 2019.    

The lead single will drop around.....February, 2019.  I'll say the 18th.   

There you have it folks.   Make sure to remember this post 352 days from now when that ALBUM 13 is blaring from your speakers. 

;)  

Oh, and what do I want it sound like?  I KNOW what it's going to sound like.  Green Day guitars, bass, drums, maybe some piano.   

Green Day are going to be a 10 piece band for the this next one, because it's going to go EPIC.     

Going to make American Idiot sound like something learning to play the bongos.  

:lol::thumbsup:

1 hour ago, SHART said:

BANG BANG 

Every song, just like BANG BANG.  

Maybe one that sounds like King for a Day.  

• Sad 1

Just like if Rev Rad sounded all like Bang Bang it would make the song less special ,so nope to those who think it should. I think that would be a bad idea.

I think it would be amazing if they recorded at least one album with all of the touring members and produced it themselves like they did with RevRad. I feel like that could be the formula for the greatest album they've ever created. I was disappointed when there were no trumpets on revolution radio like jasons instagram post suggested there would be, and I think organ/piano/wind instruments along with some other guitar players would be super cool for at least one of the green day albums. it would be an interesting step in their evolution and because of the trilogy, it wouldnt be too out of the ordinary. Billie, if you're reading this, please take it into consideration. 

• Like 1

Billie, if you're reading this, we need another rap song on the new album. please take it into consideration. 

that and we need a KFAD part 2 finally!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Eric said:

Billie, if you're reading this, we need another rap song on the new album. please take it into consideration. 

I support both of your proposals. lol

• Like 1

Jesus Christ, this thread is already going down hill. If you want rap songs go listen to Twentyone pilots for god sakes. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Cunt said:

Jesus Christ, this thread is already going down hill. If you want rap songs go listen to Twentyone pilots for god sakes. 

negative perpetuation. are you proud?

18 minutes ago, hym.jarred said:

negative perpetuation. are you proud?

You bet

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

Maybe one that sounds like King for a Day.  

I actually don't mind KFAD:happy:

• Like 1

The horns on revrad must be there, muted or drowned on the mix. I think that Bouncing on the wall was the song with those things.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, greendepent said:

The horns on revrad must be there, muted or drowned on the mix. I think that Bouncing on the wall was the song with those things.

I think that Troubled Times was supposed to have horns, but were later removed. I detect none on the album, but of course I could be wrong.

Record the album live just playing the songs in a room together. With Jason.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hym.jarred said:

Hey since we already have this thread for talking about how we'd like the next album to sound I've merged your thread with it and discussion can carry on here :) 

2 hours ago, Eric said:

This, I like Nightlife but they haven't done a song with a proper rap artist yet and I still dream of that.

The idea of KFAD part 2 intrigues me :lol:. Like another song on the subject or another ska influenced song with horns etc? It seems like a one off song to me.

• Like 1

I just want them to do something really out there and epic. Work with a producer that can really push their limits. I would be pretty disappointed if it was like "oh were going back to basics and recording in garages and trash cans and self producing"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chrism17 said:

I just want them to do something really out there and epic. Work with a producer that can really push their limits. I would be pretty disappointed if it was like "oh were going back to basics and recording in garages and trash cans and self producing"

Yup, because they've done it and it was mediocre

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hym.jarred said:

I think that Troubled Times was supposed to have horns, but were later removed. I detect none on the album, but of course I could be wrong.

According to the Wiki page for the album, Ronnie Blake recorded trumpet parts for Bouncing Off the Wall. I admit though, I can't hear it at all, but if I had to guess it's underneath the guitar solo.

• Like 1

1. Insomniacs rawness and sounding, dirty sound

2. Less vocal filters

3. Fast songs, I mean no ballads

4. Mikes vocal part, at least one

5. Classic metal and grunge influences

6. No strict political lyrics

If they followed the guidelines it'd be huge! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, greenalert997x said:

1. Insomniacs rawness and sounding, dirty sound

2. Less vocal filters

3. Fast songs, I mean no ballads

4. Mikes vocal part, at least one

5. Classic metal and grunge influences

6. No strict political lyrics

If they followed the guidelines it'd be huge! 

All of this, but with a few ballads.  ;)

I mean, I could say what I want the next album to sound like. But I've never really been disappointed in a Green Day album before. Every single GD album has brought some great stuff to their discography. Even my least favourite GD albums has some great tracks.

Really, I think I'll be happy as long as it's different from RevRad, different from The Longshot (not that I dislike those projects, I just want something different) and has Green Day's best qualities mixed with some experimentation and new sounds that they've never really done before.

• Like 2

i'm stoked for whatever they do, but selfishly something in this vibe would be up my alley:

lazy bones
x-kid
amanda
rusty james
somewhere now
outlaws
too dumb to die
forever now
chasing a ghost
love is for losers
happiness
turn me loose

lyrically introspective, reflective, bittersweet, and musically a little more rootsy and mature, but still fun

• Like 1