Least favorite Green Day song

BUBBYBUB

Hmmm, not a big fan of Last Night On Earth, Extraordinary Girl, Wild One, Fuck Time, and possibly controversially, WMUWSE. Pretty much all GD songs have at least one redeeming factor though, be it the lyrics, a guitar solo, a drum roll or even the way Billie sings a line or something. 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, ¡Jenn! said:

Hmmm, not a big fan of Last Night On Earth, Extraordinary Girl, Wild One, Fuck Time, and possibly controversially, WMUWSE. Pretty much all GD songs have at least one redeeming factor though, be it the lyrics, a guitar solo, a drum roll or even the way Billie sings a line or something. 

I'm not a huge fan of WMUWSE either. It's kind of boring and really doesn't do much for me. I can appreciate it, but I usually skip it when it comes up.

On 4/18/2018 at 3:44 PM, kaylubd said:

I'm probably in the minority here, but I don't like "J.A.R." I don't know why, I just don't like it. When they played it on the club tour I knew it was a cool moment, but I was still standing there like okay....let's do something else, boys.

Yeah it's a meh song to me, b side or maybe random lesser album track level material. I don't dislike it but I don't really know why it's seen as totally *amazing* or why anyone would kill to see it live. 

1 hour ago, Hermione said:

Yeah it's a meh song to me, b side or maybe random lesser album track level material. I don't dislike it but I don't really know why it's seen as totally *amazing* or why anyone would kill to see it live. 

Exactly! It seems like a huge favorite among fans and I just don't get it. It's okay, but I never go out of my to listen to it. 

4 hours ago, Hermione said:

I used to like you.

On 12/4/2018 at 7:06 PM, MiksuSH said:

I can't fucking stand Forever Now.

Same here. Or... I skip it after the 1st part, if that makes sense. You write ''Jesus of Suburbia'' once in a lifetime, man.

4 minutes ago, disappearingfs said:

Same here. Or... I skip it after the 1st part, if that makes sense. You write ''Jesus of Suburbia'' once in a lifetime, man.

I mean, Billie's written tons of multi-part songs since JoS. What makes you think this one is trying to be Jos?

I don't think Forever Now bears any resemblance to JOS (or that it's trying to). 

On 4/19/2018 at 11:03 AM, Hermione said:

...I don't really know why it's seen as totally *amazing* or why anyone would kill to see it live. 

so, you know how everyone here gets all moist for the 'in between albums' material? i.e.- Longshot, fbht, etc...? J.A.R. was the first of the 'in between' material. between WICA & GSB, JAR happened. and we all crapped ass all summer til insomniac dropped that october. it was fucking magical.

and in relation to the topic at hand, 'oh love' sucks a fat one. the forgotten too.

...and nightlife. 

10 hours ago, dallasthemenace said:

and in relation to the topic at hand, 'oh love' sucks a fat one. the forgotten too.

...and nightlife. 

Nah, not Oh Love. That's a great song imo. The Forgotten is pretty bland though...

I never understood the hate for Christian's Inferno. It's not amazing but I don't mind it at all. 

3 hours ago, J a c said:

@Christian's Inferno! you are probably my least favorite Green Day song. Nothing personal 34.gif

12 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

I never understood the hate for Christian's Inferno. It's not amazing but I don't mind it at all. 

If you want to hear my thoughts on Christian's Inferno, see my post on the top of Page 4 of the thread below

5 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

If you want to hear my thoughts on Christian's Inferno, see my post on the top of Page 4 of the thread below

To be clear, I was mainly attempting a terrible and quick joke :lol: I don’t hate the song at all, it’s pretty hard to hate a GD song :P But it’s actually one of  those songs that I don’t really play very often. It’s not that bad, but it’s not that good either, and in a catalogue of + 200 songs the competition is high :P 

Worst ever is probably Kill The DJ

I'll also pick my "least favourite" from each release:

1039 - The One I Want
Kerplunk- Sweet Children
Dookie - In The End
Insomniac - <Impossible they're all equally the best songs ever>
Edit: But if I did have to pick one, Brain Stew.
Nimrod - Last Ride In
Warning - Castaway
AI - Extraordinary Girl
21CBD - Know Your Enemy
Uno - Kill The DJ (Would've been Oh Love years ago but it's grown on me)
Dos - Nightlife
Tre - The Forgotten
RevRad - Troubled Times

3 hours ago, Doggins said:

1039 - The One I Want
Kerplunk- Sweet Children
Dookie - In The End
Nimrod - Last Ride In
Warning - Castaway
AI - Extraordinary Girl
21CBD - Know Your Enemy
Dos - Nightlife
Tre - The Forgotten
RevRad - Troubled Times

I really don't see the issue with Kill the DJ. It sounds good instrumentally to me and it's really catchy. I don't see a problem. You could argue there's some lyrical issues with the song i.e overuse of the word "fucking", "killing you to death" (like wtf :lol:) and the repetition of the chorus but it doesn't bother me

33 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I really don't see the issue with Kill the DJ. 

Yeah

Don't get me wrong I don't think it's bad.. I really like Uno (best in the trilogy IMO) I just think it's the weakest for me anyway.. but it's not bad.

There are probably only 2-3 songs in that list i don't like  (compared to least like)

4 hours ago, Doggins said:

1039 - The One I Want

I'm shocked to see this just because no one usually ever mentions The One I Want (whether positively or negatively) :lol:. It's by far my favourite of the 1000 Hours songs, I don't know why more people don't love that emotional guitar solo :wub:. Worst on 1039 for me would have to be either 1000 Hours (even Billie admits it's disgustingly sappy), I Want To Be Alone (repetitive and meh) or Why Do You Want Him (whiny).

Kill the DJ is literally the best song on Uno and the second best song on the trilogy too :P. Just fabulous imo

39/Smooth: Rest

Kerplunk: Dominated Love Slave

Dookie: Emenius Sleepus

Insomniac: Tight Wad Hill

Nimrod: Take Back

Warning: Warning

American Idiot: Extraordinary Girl

21st Century Breakdown: Christian's Inferno

Uno: Kill the DJ

Dos: Nightlife

Tre: Drama Queen

Revolution Radio: Youngblood

39/Smooth: Why Do You Want Him probably

Kerplunk: Strangeland

Dookie: All by Myself

Insomniac: Brat

Nimrod: Last Ride In

Warning: Fashion Victim (I guess, still a good song)

American Idiot: Extraordinary Girl

21CB: 21 Guns (Overrated but still good)

Uno: Fell for You

Dos: See You Tonight

Tré: Drama Queen

RR: Ordinary World

It pains me to pick least favourites from each album because most of these songs are still decent. Fashion Victim, EG and 21 Guns in particular. It just goes to show that even the "weaker" songs on those albums are still enjoyable to me. 

When i first heard each Green Day song iv'e ever heard, i ALWAYS liked it at first. Even if its a song i dont like now like Nightlife or Troublemaker or something, i ALWAYS love them on my first listen, The only two exceptions to this, are Outlaws and Last Ride In. On my first listen through of Revolution Radio i was pumped and loved everything and then Outlaws happened and i thought "Ehhh...its okay...might have to grow on me..." so i wanna say it and Last Ride In are my least favorites. if we're doing least favorites on each album then...

1039: Rest
Kerplunk!: Strangeland
Dookie: All By Myself
Insomniac: Probably Jaded?
Nimrod: Last Ride In
Warning: uh....Blood, Sex, and Booze. This is the biggest "Not the worst but the least good" to me
AI: Are We The Waiting?
21CB: Song of the Century :^)
Uno!: Oh, Love!
Dos!: Nightlife
Tre!: The Forgotten
Revolution Radio: Outlaws

Also because why not...

Stop, Drop, and Roll!!!: Red Tide
Money Money 2020:  X-Ray Hamburgers

My least fave on 1039 would probably be Knowledge only because I prefer the Op Ivy version, so I barely listen to the GD version.

Kerplunk: Either Dominated Love Slave or Strangeland. I just can't get into Strangeland, and DLS just makes me cringe.

Dookie: Chump purely because I don't have the attention span for that outro.:lol:

Insomniac: Panic Song purely because I don't have the attention span for that intro.:lol:

Nimrod: Last Ride In purely because I don't have the attention span for the entire song.:lol:

Warning: Warning just because it's the worst of a good bunch imo.

AI: Extraordinary Girl because it's the only AI song I can't get into.

21CB: Either Static Age or See the Light because I just can't get into either of them.

Uno: Angel Blue because it's the most forgettable imo. Absolutely nothing about that song stands out to me.

Dos: Wow! That's Loud because it's the only song on Dos that I don't like.

Tre: Sex, Drugs & Violence just makes me cringe. A lot.

RevRad: Outlaws because it took the longest to get into out of the whole album.

3 minutes ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

Dookie: Chump purely because I don't have the attention span for that outro.:lol:

Insomniac: Panic Song purely because I don't have the attention span for that intro.:lol:

Nimrod: Last Ride In purely because I don't have the attention span for the entire song.:lol:

I'm seeing a pattern here somewhere... :lol:

26 minutes ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

Im the same way xD There's tons of songs (mostly metal) that ive been shown where if it wasnt a 7 minute song where the first 4 and a half are instrumentals i'd like them a ton more xD

On 4/21/2018 at 10:58 PM, Doggins said:

Warning - Castaway

idk why but I love this song... I get why people don't like it, though.

On 4/22/2018 at 12:46 PM, Jirachi said:

All By Myself

I can agree.

On 4/22/2018 at 1:07 PM, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

Wow! That's Loud

I 100% agree. Only song on !Dos! I didn't love, either.

On 4/22/2018 at 1:58 AM, Doggins said:

1039 - The One I Want
Kerplunk- Sweet Children
Dookie - In The End
Nimrod - Last Ride In
Warning - Castaway
AI - Extraordinary Girl
21CBD - Know Your Enemy
Dos - Nightlife
Tre - The Forgotten
RevRad - Troubled Times

Kill the dj is so silly it makes me laugh🤣

Archived