Least favorite Green Day song

BUBBYBUB

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

probably going to be murdered for saying this but least favorites are boulevard of broken dreams, wake me up when september ends, restless heart syndrome and 21 guns. i think all 4 are good songs, but i think because i got into green day in the 90s and loved their 90s sound, the 00s arena rock power ballad songs just appeal to me the least. they are slow and sometimes boring and i think try too hard to be “epic”, but instead come off cheesy to me. by no means are they bad, but just not my cup of tea. i love american idiot and 21cb, and i think they fit beautifully into the narrative of those records, i just wouldn’t go listen to them individually ever tbh. i will say that i’m glad they wrote them and put them out as singles, as i think it shows their range outside of 3 min pop punk songs, and live they have a bit more impact on me. but yeah, in general my least fave

17 minutes ago, straighttohell said:

probably going to be murdered for saying this but least favorites are boulevard of broken dreams, wake me up when september ends, restless heart syndrome and 21 guns. i think all 4 are good songs, but i think because i got into green day in the 90s and loved their 90s sound, the 00s arena rock power ballad songs just appeal to me the least. they are slow and sometimes boring and i think try too hard to be “epic”, but instead come off cheesy to me. by no means are they bad, but just not my cup of tea. i love american idiot and 21cb, and i think they fit beautifully into the narrative of those records, i just wouldn’t go listen to them individually ever tbh. i will say that i’m glad they wrote them and put them out as singles, as i think it shows their range outside of 3 min pop punk songs, and live they have a bit more impact on me. but yeah, in general my least fave

:sick:

Seriously though, RHS is like my favourite GD song. 21 Guns is kind of overrated and the weakest song on 21CB but I still love it. And BOBD and WMUWSE are also great songs! And 21CB and AI are my favourite albums

1 hour ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Seriously though, RHS is like my favourite GD song. 21 Guns is kind of overrated and the weakest song on 21CB but I still love it. And BOBD and WMUWSE are also great songs! And 21CB and AI are my favourite albums

Weakest song - wow that's unpopular:)

4 hours ago, SHART said:

Weakest song - wow that's unpopular:)

I'm not crazy about 21 guns on the album but the musical version is great!😀

8 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

i don't think they're bad songs by any means, i think all 4 are really well written, and in the context of those albums i think they all work. on their own though they just aren't my cup of tea personally. I'm just a fan of their faster and more upbeat songs. for example, i'd listen to letterbomb, st jimmy, viva la gloria or murder city over restless heart syndrome, boulevard, september or 21 guns, any day of the week. but thats just me and my personal tastes, I'm glad u dig em.

i love AI and 21cb too, saw them literally like 5 times on the AI tour. absolutely incredible shows, good lord

I was never a real fan or any of the songs done by the cast of American idiot the musical. However, i do like favorite son, although the original rock against bush version done by green day itself. I love when it's time though. 

Just now, East Jesus of Suburbia said:

I was never a real fan or any of the songs done by the cast of American idiot the musical. However, i do like favorite son, although the original rock against bush version done by green day itself. I love when it's time though. 

When I said the rock against bush version I meant to say it was better, a lil typo on my part, my bad. 

Archived