Least favorite Green Day song

BUBBYBUB

Know your enemy. It's just repetitive. I don't mind when they do it live but I don't like to hear it on the album.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ordinary World but only with Miranda Lambert

If that doesn't count then it's Take Back or Nightlife 

5 minutes ago, Grubby Poop said:

Everything on Insomniac

Yea I really only like walking contradiction on that one and brain stew. I love the album artwork though😀

7 minutes ago, duckez said:

Ordinary World but only with Miranda Lambert

If that doesn't count then it's Take Back or Nightlife 

It does count.😀 I agree that song is ok but not my favorite either

Sex, Drugs and Violence. The only GD song that can consistently make me cringe. I do like the line that Mike sings though, because of both the actual lyric and it's nice to hear Mike sing every once in a while.

I tried revisiting Dos today for some reason. It was a mistake. Wild One makes my skin crawl, I can barely make it to the chorus. 

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

I tried revisiting Dos today for some reason. It was a mistake. Wild One makes my skin crawl, I can barely make it to the chorus. 

Agree

Looking solely at Reprise era studio albums, Christian's Inferno.  If we're including non-studio album songs, definitely DUI.

7 minutes ago, greendepent said:

Basket Case. It' s so dull

Oh I love basket case. It's the theme song for my grandmother😅

The really old stuff like the Sweet Children EP (especially Strangeland) are my least favorites. And Dry Ice

2 hours ago, BUBBYBUB said:

Know your enemy. It's just repetitive. I don't mind when they do it live but I don't like to hear it on the album.

Ummm... I really don’t get the hate on KYE. Yes it’s repetitive, but this is one of those songs where repetivity makes it SO much better!!!!! Anyone else agree?

Mine would DEFINITELY be Nightlife... 

1 hour ago, greendepent said:

Basket Case. It' s so dull

And dude. Really? 

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

The Forgotten is cringey. Can’t stand it.

You beat me to it! I HATE it.

Most of the trilogy, but Troublemaker is a big one. "I like your BM-excellent tits with a tattoo of a pig sniffing glue" is perhaps maybe the worst ever lyric written in history. Not that a lot of the other trilogy lyrics are much better, but still.

Outlaws.

I mean Dos isn't great, but I can handle listening to them, Outlaws is just a snoozefest.

For what is strictly Green Day, I'd definitely say I Want To Be Alone (added at the end of 1.039 SOSH) or My Generation (at the end of Kerplunk).

Others that I don't like too much : Ordinary World ft. Miranda Lambert, Dominated Love Slave.

But there isn't a trilogy song I don't at least like, Nightlife, Wild One and Troublemaker not being among my least favorite; perhaps Sex, Drugs and Violence would be.

Sex, Drugs and Violence, Troublemaker and Drama Queen are my least favorite lyrically speaking. The chorus is really cringy and generic in SDV, they are just weird in general in Troublemaker and 'Everyone's drama queen is old enough to bleed now' is just like' tf is that meant to mean?' I kinda feel disgusted hearing that. But the melodies and all are catchy, just about the best part about them.

Last Night on Earth, Nightlife, Brutal Love, Little Boy Named Train, Amanda,  Still Breathing, Ordinary World (with Miranda) 

Strangeland, Last Ride In, Dominated Love Slave, All By Myself, See You Tonight

I don't like Drama Queen and Amy at all, I always skip those. There are some other songs I have to be in a very weird mood for (like Take Back or Makeout Party), but I wouldn't say I hate them.

Would have to be Sweet Children, Best Thing In Town and Strangeland just because the quality wasn't there yet since Billie must've written them when he was like 14/15. Kind of cool to hear the earliest stuff he wrote but that's about it. And along with them the My Generation cover is pretty poor, they were all recorded in a rush with low quality too which seals the deal. I Want To Be Alone isn't great either. Disliking Trilogy songs that are only "bad" because they have deliberately silly/comical lyrics more than them I don't get :P 

• Hermione changed the title to Least favorite Green Day song

Archived